This Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce is hands-down one of my favorite sauces to date!! It’s the perfect blend of cilantro, lime and fresh flavor all combined with a creamy and smooth texture. It goes with EVERYTHING and is only 30 calories a serving. You just can’t beat it!!
If you love lightened up sauces, you’ve landed in the right space. We adore sauces here! Seriously obsessed. They are such a huge key in making healthy food taste good. So make sure to check out my Healthy Homemade Tzatziki and Skinny Special Sauce (Burger Sauce). And definitely the Skinny Chick-fil-a Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce, while you’re here!
Bold statement, but this Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce is seriously my new favorite sauce to date. The flavor is absolutely ON point. Fresh cilantro brings the most sensual FRESH aroma to this sauce. And combined with the creaminess of the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise, along with the seasonings and sweetness of the honey, it’s just a huge chef kiss!
Absolutely nothing like a delicious homemade sauce that you can feel good about eating because you know what’s in it! Not only do you feel good about eating it, but you also save loads of money making it yourself, too. Feel good and thrifty? Yeah we’re here for that.
This dressing is so easy to make and it’s likely you already have most of these simple ingredients already in your fridge. It just takes 5 minutes to blend together and I promise you’ll be so glad to have this as a flavor maker all week long. Your taste buds are going to be so happy! It can also easily be made dairy-free, just swap out the plain nonfat Greek yogurt for a dairy-free option!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- The best combination of fresh flavors in a creamy dressing. You’ll LOVE it!!
- Perfect for tacos, wraps, salads, bowls, honestly ANYTHING!!!
- Super easy and quick to make with staple ingredients!
- Great way to add extra flavor to savory dishes.
- Lightened up and less than 30 calories per serving!
- Greek Yogurt – I used plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Feel free to sub for a dairy-free Greek yogurt if needed.
- Mayonnaise – I used light mayo for this. Any mayonnaise would work. If you need to replace, sour cream would make a great sub. Also, you could omit completely and just use more Greek yogurt. I must say, I do enjoy the addition and extra level of creaminess the mayo brings. Even if you aren’t a huge mayo person, I promise you can’t taste it!
- Cilantro – make sure to smell it before you buy it so you know it’s good and FRESH!
- Lime juice – fresh is always best but use whatever you have on hand.
- Honey – to take the bite out of the yogurt and give this healthy cilantro lime sauce a more balanced taste.
- Seasonings – I used garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Feel free to add in anything else that sounds yummy!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- Add all of the cilantro lime sauce ingredients to a food process or blender and blend until combined.
- Taste and add any additional salt, garlic powder, honey, etc., as needed.
Store covered in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Best eaten 3-4 days after made but will really last about a week as long as the yogurt you are using is fresh.
Feel free to double recipe to make a big batch!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE VEGAN
Make this delicious healthy cilantro lime recipe vegan easy peasy! Just make these quick subs:
- Substitute the plain Greek yogurt for a plain, dairy-free Greek style yogurt.
- Substitute the light mayonnaise for vegan mayonnaise.
- Substitute the honey for pure maple syrup.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME SAUCE GLUTEN-FREE
This healthy cilantro lime sauce is gluten free as written!
WHAT TO EAT WITH HEALTHY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
I’m really not joking when I say this creamy sauce would be delicious on pretty much anything! From dipping your chicken nuggets, to drizzling over your bowls or different types of salads, to using it a dip. Any time I have this on hand I am always finding new ways to enjoy it!
Here have been some of my favorite:
- Tacos – fish tacos, shrimp tacos, steak tacos, any tacos really, but absolutely insane on my Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos and Buffalo Chicken Tacos. This sauce would also be a great pairing with my Easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas. Shrimp tacos + Cilantro Lime Sauce were made for each other!
- Raw Veggies – like carrots, celery, cauliflower. Would make a fun dipping sauce twist on your typical veggie tray!
- Roasted veggies – I love serving this dip up with dinner to make my veggies more flavor. It really elevates them and is the perfect complement! Serve them with Air Fryer Green Beans or Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots.
- Proteins – great dipper for chicken breasts or other protein. Panko Baked Chicken Nuggets, Balsamic Grilled Chicken, Pickle Chicken Nuggets.
- Salads – this creamy dressing makes a fantastic salad dressing! It would be delish on top a classic taco salad or fajita salad.
- Quick Skillet Meals – make a quick skillet meal and throw this creamy cilantro sauce over it to give the dish more flavor. You must try it on the 25-Minute Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet!
- Bowls: Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll Bowl, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl, Carnitas Burrito Bowls (Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
CREAMY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE TIPS
- Add some red onions or green onions to the food processor for another punch of flavor. Onions can also help thicken the sauce.
- Add a splash of orange juice in addition to or in place of the lime juice for a fun citrus twist!
- You don’t need chopped cilantro since the food processor chops it up anyway! Just remove the larger stems (soft stems are fine) and blend!
- Always use FRESH herbs! To make sure they are fresh, give them a smell. You should always be able to smell them!
MORE SAUCE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Cilantro Lime Crema and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!