This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Bold statement, but this Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce is seriously my new favorite sauce to date.
The flavor is absolutely ON point. Fresh cilantro brings the most FRESH taste to this sauce. And that with the creaminess of the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise, along with the seasonings and sweetness of the honey, it’s just a huge chef kiss!
There is absolutely nothing like a delicious homemade sauce that you can feel good about eating because you know what’s in it! Not only do you feel good about eating it, but you also save loads of money making it yourself, too. Feel good and thrifty? Yeah we’re here for that.
This dressing is so easy to make and it’s likely you already have most of these simple ingredients already in your fridge. It just takes 5 minutes to blend together and I promise you’ll be so glad to have this as a flavor maker all week long.
And if you love lightened up sauces as much as me, check out my Healthy Homemade Tzatziki and Skinny Special Sauce (Burger Sauce). And definitely the Skinny Chick-fil-a Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce, while you’re here!
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- The best combination of fresh flavors in a creamy dressing. You’ll LOVE it!!
- Perfect for tacos, wraps, salads, bowls, honestly ANYTHING!!!
- Super easy and quick to make with staple ingredients!
- Great way to add extra flavor to savory dishes.
- Lightened up and less than 30 calories per serving!
- Greek Yogurt – I used plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Feel free to sub for a dairy-free Greek yogurt if needed.
- Mayonnaise – I used light mayo for this. Any mayonnaise would work. If you need to replace, sour cream would make a great sub. Also, you could omit completely and just use more Greek yogurt. I must say, I do enjoy the addition and extra level of creaminess the mayo brings. Even if you aren’t a huge mayo person, I promise you can’t taste it!
- Cilantro – make sure to smell it before you buy it so you know it’s good and FRESH!
- Lime juice – fresh is always best but use whatever you have on hand.
- Honey – to take the bite out of the yogurt and give this healthy cilantro lime sauce a more balanced taste.
- Seasonings – I used garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Feel free to add in anything else that sounds yummy!
- Add some red onions or green onions to the food processor for another punch of flavor. Onions can also help thicken the sauce.
- Add a splash of orange juice in addition to or in place of the lime juice for a fun citrus twist!
- Make it vegan! Sub the greek yogurt for dairy-free greek yogurt and use vegan mayo (or just more dairy-free yogurt). Sub the honey for pure maple syrup.
how to make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Add all of the cilantro lime sauce ingredients to a food process or blender
2. Blend until combined. Taste and add any additional salt, garlic powder, honey, etc., as needed.
What To Pair With Cilantro Lime Sauce
I’m really not joking when I say this creamy sauce would be delicious on pretty much anything! From dipping your chicken nuggets, to drizzling over your bowls or different types of salads, to using it a dip. Any time I have this on hand I am always finding new ways to enjoy it!
Here have been some of my favorite:
- Tacos – fish tacos, shrimp tacos, steak tacos, any tacos really, but absolutely insane on my Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos. This sauce would also be a great pairing with my Easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas. Shrimp tacos + Cilantro Lime Sauce were made for each other!
- Raw Veggies – like carrots, celery, cauliflower. Would make a fun dipping sauce twist on your typical veggie tray!
- Roasted veggies – I love serving this dip up with dinner to make my veggies more flavor. It really elevates them and is the perfect complement! Serve them with Air Fryer Green Beans or Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots.
- Proteins – great dipper for chicken breasts or other protein. Panko Baked Chicken Nuggets, Balsamic Grilled Chicken, or my Pickle Chicken Nuggets.
- Salads – this creamy dressing makes a fantastic salad dressing! It would be delish on top a classic taco salad or fajita salad.
- Quick Skillet Meals – make a quick skillet meal and throw this creamy cilantro sauce over it to give the dish more flavor. You must try it on the 25-Minute Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet!
- Bowls: Carnitas Burrito Bowls or Salsa Verde Chicken Bowls
How do I store this Cilantro Lime Sauce?
Store covered in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Best eaten 3-4 days after made but will really last about a week as long as the yogurt you are using is fresh.
Do I need to chop the cilantro first?
You don’t need chopped cilantro since the food processor chops it up anyway! Just remove the larger stems (soft stems are fine) and blend!
Can I used dried herbs?
I highly recommend you always use FRESH herbs for this recipe! To make sure they are fresh, give them a smell. You should always be able to smell them!
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (120g) sub for dairy-free Greek yogurt if needed
- 1/4 cup light mayo (60g)
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped cilantro (14g)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (30g)
- 1 tsp honey (7g) or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Add all of the cilantro lime sauce ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until combined.
- Taste and add any additional salt, garlic, honey, etc., as needed.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.