This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Two of my favorite recipes to make during the week are pasta and tacos. So what could be better than combining the two for the ultimate cozy, comforting meal? Oh yeah, cooking it in the crockpot so it only requires 10 minutes or prep! Seriously, it doesn’t get better than this!
This delicious new recipe is seriously gold. It’s so easy to make, made with simple, staple ingredients and full of so much flavor. It’s cheesy, savory and a big bowl of comfort. The best thing is all you have to do is brown the meat then just toss everything into the slow cooker and done!
This pasta dish is absolutely delicious on it’s own but I love adding in my favorite taco toppings like a big dollop of sour cream (or greek yogurt) and some tortilla chips. Or serve with a side of veggies like my green beans or broccoli for a little extra fiber! There’s no doubt that this delicious meal will definitely be a new family favorite.
If you’re looking for more inspiration for taco night, try my Crockpot Cream Cheese Salsa Chicken or Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Turkey (High Protein!). I also highly recommend my Healthy Doritos Pie Casserole or Easy Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos (20 Minute) for more delicious ways to enjoy all your favorite Mexican flavors!
Why You’ll Love This Crockpot Taco Pasta
- Your two weeknight favorites combined! Taco + Pasta = Best Dinner Ever!
- A meal the whole family will love, even your picky eater. Plus, 30 grams of protein per serving!
- An easy dinner that uses pantry staples you might already have on hand.
- Super easy to make! Only 10 minutes of prep time, then let the crockpot do the rest of the work! The ideal meal for busy weeknights.
- Pasta cooks right into the dish! No need to cook the noodles separately!
- Ground beef – I used 96/4 lean ground beef
- Bell peppers – I used a red and a green
- Diced tomatoes with green chilis
- Taco seasoning – you can use store-bought or homemade taco seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Frozen corn
- Pasta shells – or other short noodle of choice
- Cheese – you can use a shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Add beans! Toss in a can of your favorite black beans or pinto beans (or you can substitute beans for ground beef to make this recipe vegetarian).
- Extra veggies! Toss in a handful of spinach or cauliflower rice for extra veggies and volume.
- Switch up the meat! Easily sub the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Make it extra creamy! Add in some cream cheese to make this cheesy pasta extra creamy!
- Give it a kick! If you like things spicy, add an extra can of spicy diced green chilies or even diced jalapenos
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, crumbling as you go, until no longer pink. Then transfer to the Crockpot.
2. Add the diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and chicken broth to the Crockpot. Toss to combine.
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
4. Stir in the frozen corn and pasta. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
5. Add the shredded cheese.
6. Stir until combined then serve!
Can I cook this slow cooker taco pasta recipe in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook this taco pasta recipe in the Instant Pot. To cook in the Instant Pot, first set to saute and brown the ground beef. Once browned, turn off the saute setting and add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese). Close the lid and set to 4 minutes on high temperature. Once the Instant Pot builds pressure (about 15 minutes) and finishes the cook time, manually release the steam valve until you can open the lid. Give it a good stir, then add cheese and enjoy.
Can I freeze this taco pasta recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this taco pasta recipe. To freeze, let cool completely then store in an airtight container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
What type of pasta should I use for this recipe?
Any small pasta will work for this recipe. I love using small macaroni shells, orecchiette or farfalle. But any macaroni, penne, or any short noodle will work great with this recipe. You can use regular, whole wheat pasta, chickpea pasta or your favorite gluten-free option.
More Easy Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 lb. lean ground beef I used 96/4
- 2 bell peppers (27g) diced – I used a red and a green
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (1-oz.) pack taco seasoning
- 2.5 cups chicken broth (600g)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 oz. pasta shells or other short noodle of choice
- 1 cup Mexican or cheddar shredded cheese
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, crumbling as you go, until no longer pink. Then transfer to the Crockpot.
- Add the diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and chicken broth to the Crockpot. Toss to combine.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
- Stir in the frozen corn and pasta. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Then stir in the shredded cheese and serve!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.