This Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is my go-to recipe when I have ripe bananas. It has the perfect texture and is filled with banana, vanilla, cinnamon, and chocolate flavor in each bite! At just 90 calories per slice, it’s a snack you can enjoy without the guilt!
Whenever I have ripe bananas that I need to use ASAP, this Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is my go-to. Each bite is melt-in-your-mouth good, filled with fruity banana, warm vanilla, sweet cinnamon, and rich chocolate, and smells absolutely delicious! And at only 90 calories and 11g of carbs per slice, you can have a slice, or two, or three… and still stay on track your health and fitness goals.
I love eating this banana bread with a side of yogurt for a balanced breakfast. You could also pop a slice in the toaster and spread some cream cheese or nut butter on top for a sweet afternoon snack. Or nut butter a honey! Either way it’s going to be yummy.
This recipe is also super customizable. If you don’t like chocolate chips, you could add your favorite dried fruit, nuts, candy pieces, and so much more. No matter what you add, it’s so good and will go so fast!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SKINNY BANANA BREAD
- You only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- This banana bread is decadent AND skinny at just 90 calories and 12g of carbs per slice.
- Melt-in-your-mouth texture, perfectly sweet, and filled with chocolate throughout!
- Super easy to customize if you need to use different ingredients.
- The add-in possibilities are endless! You can use fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, and so much more.
- It will make your house smell AMAZING!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bananas – Preferably ripe bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter it is, the easier it is to mash, and the more sweetness it adds to the bread.
- Flour – I used oat flour, but you can substitute with all-purpose, whole wheat or gluten-free flour. I have heard from other readers that almond flour does NOT work well for a sub, so I would stick to one of these flours!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. Not all protein powders bake the same, so if you use another, make sure it is a similar whey + casein blend. For all PEScience products, you can save 10% off your purchase with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie.
- Baking spices and essentials: You’ll need baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Sweetener – I used granulated Stevia in the Raw.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk. Any milk will work here.
- Oil – I decided to use olive oil in this recipe, but coconut oil or canola oil would also work.
- Chocolate chips – I love to use the mini ones so the melty goodness spreads further!
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY BANANA BREAD
Grease your pan: Spray a 9×4” loaf pan (or size of your choice) with cooking spray. I also like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make sure the loaf doesn’t stick.
Combine the ingredients: Mash bananas in mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract, milk, and oil. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, add flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, sweetener, and salt. Combine the dry ingredients well, then add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
Bake: Add banana bread batter to your pan and evenly spread. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
Let bread cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove, slice that bad boy, and enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN
This banana bread only requires a few ingredients anyway, so it’s super easy to make make gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan.
To make Gluten-Free: just make you use gluten-free flour! I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
To make Vegan/Dairy-Free: sub whey/casein protein powder blend for a vegan blend. PEScience has a great line of plant-based protein powders (Vanilla Indulgence and Peanut Butter Delight are my favorite!). I can’t vouch for every protein powder but these are no-bake, so as long as the flavor is good, it’s hard to go wrong here!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this skinny chocolate chip banana bread and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!