My new addiction. This healthy, high protein egg salad is creamy, tangy, fresh and flavorful. It is absolute perfection on top of some toasted bread with some arugula. Or, make it into a sandwich, stuff it in a wrap or pita, or eat it by itself.
This healthy egg salad recipe will seriously be your new favorite go-to recipe. It’s lightened up from classic egg salad recipes by using greek yogurt and only half of the egg yolks but you don’t taste it for a second– seriously it’s just heavenly!
It makes for a great high protein option for lunch on-the-go or an easy, throw-together lunch at home. It’s super quick and easy to make and requires minimal, simple ingredients. A quick tip: I normally double or triple the recipe if I know I’m going to be eating it throughout the week since I’ll eat 2-3 servings at a time.
Besides afternoon sandwiches, this egg salad also makes for a delicious, savory breakfast option on top of some toasted bread with avocado and a little paprika sprinkled on top! There are so many different ways to enjoy it! Seriously, it’s so good and so easy you will love having this recipe on hand all week in the fridge!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HIGH PROTEIN EGG SALAD
- Lightened up but taste absolutely heavenly! Full of fresh flavor!
- Less than 50 calories per serving and packed with 6 grams of protein each!
- So many different healthy ways enjoy! Awesome for sandwiches, pitas, toast, salad, or as a dip with chips!
- Great and easy meal prep option! A good option for lunch on-the-go!
- A great lower calorie, low carb option to get a lot of protein!
- Eggs – You’ll need 8 whole eggs
- Greek yogurt – I used plain greek yogurt but sub for dairy free greek yogurt alternative if needed! You could also sub for sour cream or mayo.
- Dijon Mustard
- Chives or green onion (or fresh herbs of choice, I love adding a little extra fresh dill sometimes!)
- Dill pickle relish
- Salt & Pepper
HOW TO MAKE
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil (for easier to peel eggs, add 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1 Tbsp vinegar). Once at a rolling boil, set the timer for exactly 10 minutes (for perfect hard-boiled eggs) then remove from heat. Run eggs over cold water for a few minutes until all the hot water is gone and you’re left with the cold water. Let eggs sit in the cool water for 10 minutes until they reach room temperature.
- Peel the eggs and remove the yolk from 4 of them. Chop the egg and egg whites and add to a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, mustard, chives, pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- Combine well. Make into a sandwich (or an open faced sandwich) or eat with your favorite crackers!
- Store in airtight container or meal prep container for up to one week in the fridge.
HOW TO EAT THIS HIGH PROTEIN EGG SALAD
One of my favorite things about this egg salad is how versatile it is! It’s a great way to add protein and volume to so many different things while keeping carbs low and adding minimal grams of fat.
Here are just a few of my favorite simple ways to eat this egg salad:
- Egg salad sandwiches – grab your favorite bread (I’ve been loving Dave’s Killer Thin Sliced Whole Grains bread), throw some mustard and a touch of mayo on there and top with egg salad, arugula and fresh tomato!
- Avocado Toast – toast a piece of break of pita, smear avocado on one side, top with egg salad, sprinkle with paprika and enjoy! Like an avocado egg salad!
- Egg salad lettuce wrap (great low carb option!) – stuff 4-5 romaine leaves with egg salad, wrap it up and enjoy! You can even throw a little cottage cheese in there for some delicious high protein, creamy lettuce cups!
- Egg salad dip – I love grabbing my favorite pita chips, whole grain crackers or protein chips and dipping them in 2-3 servings of egg salad as a higher protein, low fat afternoon snack!
MORE EASY HEALTHY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this High Protein Egg Salad and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram or Tik Tok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!