This Easy Avocado Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is packed with protein, healthy fats and so much FLAVOR!! It only takes 5 minutes to whip up so it’s perfect for a grab-and-go lunch or quick lunch at home!
This avocado greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is seriously the easiest one you will ever make! Packed with flavor from the lime juice and cilantro and lightened up with nonfat Greek yogurt instead of traditional mayo to keep calories down.
It is a fresh and filling lunch (or dinner) recipe that can be added to a wrap, topped on a salad or toasted bread. It makes such a quick meal!
I love me a good healthy chicken salad recipe regardless – but adding that avocado in the mix really leveled things up in this recipe! Combined with the cilantro and lime juice, this salad is just bursting in flavor! It’s like fresh guacamole meets creamy chilled chicken salad.
Chicken salad is one of my favorite go-to healthy choices for lunch because it’s so easy and it’s a great way to ensure you are getting a protein packed lunch in without needing to overcomplicate it. And one of the most delicious ways at that!
Plus, there’s so many ways to enjoy it. My favorite way is stuffed in a tortilla, like my Avocado Chicken Salad Cool Wrap. (So good I had to write a separate post for it!) But it is also delicious as a greek yogurt chicken salad sandwich or as is!
If you’re looking for more chicken salad recipes without mayonnaise, definitely check out my Rainbow Chicken Salad and Winter Pecan and Cranberry Chicken Salad. If you want a little mayo in it (but also want it a little healthier), check out my Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CREAMY AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
- Creamy, hearty, light. Just like a traditional chicken salad recipe!
- Hefty amount of protein. 19 grams of protein per serving!
- Healthy fats from the creamy avocados.
- Tastes like fresh guacamole meets classic chicken salad.
- Super versatile. Make it your own by adding in more nuts, fruit, or veggies.
- Lightened up from your traditional chicken salad.
- Comes together in just 5 minutes!!
- Avocado – I cubed mine into small pieces for easy mixing. Make sure is it ripe avocado!
- Cooked chicken – cooked or shredded chicken breast work for this recipe. Rotisserie chicken from the grocery store always works great here! If cooking chicken fresh, let chicken cool completely before mixing with everything.
- Yogurt – I used nonfat plain Greek Yogurt. Low fat or whole milk greek yogurt also work. Use a non dairy yogurt to make it dairy free. You could also sub for sour cream or mayo.
- Red onion – added for a crunch!
- Celery – also added for a little crunch. Can sub for extra red onion if need be.
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon – we will just be using the juices.
- Cilantro – for the best fresh flavor.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN SALAD
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, mashed avocado, yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and seasonings.
- Use a fork to combine, mashing some of the avocado as you go (I like leaving some small chunks in there).
- Mix the avocado mixture until everything is combined. Add extra lime juice / lemon juice or black pepper if desired. For more flavor, add in some lemon zest.
HOW TO STORE
Keep your Avocado Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad stored in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in fridge for up to 2-3 days.
HOW TO ENJOY AVOCADO GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN SALAD
- Mixed greens salad. Top this avocado chicken salad topped on top of a huge salad and drizzle with your favorite salad dressing.
- Roasted vegetables. Serve this healthy chicken salad along your favorite roasted vegetables. Cauliflower, Broccoli, Air Fryer Green Beans, Sweet Potato Wedges.
- Rice cakes. On top of rice cakes. I love doing this when I’m in the mood for something crunchy!
- Toasted bread. Serve on a piece of whole-grain bread or wheat bread for a classic choice that is delicious every time.
- Dip with chips. Grab some Tostitos and dive in!
- Lettuce Wraps. A delicious low carb option.
- Pita bread. Stuff it in a pita brad for the perfect eat on-the-go lunch.
- Cold lunch plate. Serve this chicken salad on a cold lunch plate with fresh fruit.
SWITCH IT UP!
- For tuna salad: Try tuna instead of chicken to make this an avocado tuna salad!
- For more flavor: Add in some lemon zest.
- For more freshness: Add some red grapes.
- For more creaminess: Add an extra spoonful of greek yogurt to make it creamier.
- For more heartiness: Combine bacon with the chicken mixture. Crisp bacon makes everything better!
MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES
- RAINBOW CHICKEN SALAD (LIGHTENED-UP)
- HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD (DAIRY FREE)
- WINTER PECAN AND CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD
- EASY APPLE PECAN CHICKEN SALAD
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Easy Avocado Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!