This Ninja Air Fryer Broccoli is such a delicious and easy low-carb side dish! Flavorful and perfectly tender and ready in just 10 mins! It’s my go-to way to cook broccoli now!
This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe could not be easier to make guys – even on your busiest nights! Simply toss the broccoli with a few seasonings and oil, toss it it the fryer for a few minutes, and BAM! You got yourself a delicious healthy side dish.
Eating vegetables can be hard sometimes. Trust me, I get it. That’s why I think it’s important to find ways to incorporate them into your diet that are easy and enjoyable. For me, that usually comes down to time and flavorful, and that’s why this Air Fryer Broccoli is such a great one to have in your back pocket!
Broccoli has so many health benefits! It’s a rich source of vitamin K and calcium, as well as fiber. Plus is one of those vegetables you can actually make taste good with a little oil and some yummy seasonings. Big broccoli fan over here!
I used the 5-in-1 Ninja Foodi to make this Air Fryer Broccoli. Though any air fryer will work just fine for this recipe (the timing may just need to be adjusted a smidge).
Feel free to get creative with this recipe too! There are some many fun additions to try. I’ve included a few fun variations below, keep reading! We love an easy recipe!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS AIR FRYER BROCCOLI
- Super easy. Simple ingredients and super straightforward recipe.
- Made in the air fryer. No oven required!
- Broccoli is so good for you! And this is an easy way to incorporate more broccoli into your diet.
- A great side dish. Broccoli goes with everything. An awesome go-to veggie all year long!
- Versatile. Easy to change up the flavor so you never get bored.
- Makes perfect broccoli. It’s garlicky and tender with perfectly crispy edges.
- Broccoli– I used fresh broccoli florets cut. into bite-sized pieces. Using a head of broccoli also works great!
- Olive oil- You could also use coconut oil or avocado oil here.
- Seasonings: Grab some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Lemon slices. These are optional for serving at the end. The fresh lemon juice really elevates the flavor.
- Parmesan cheese. The parmesan cheese is also optional but also really elevates the flavor more!
HOW TO MAKE NINJA AIR FRYER BROCCOLI
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Add the broccoli florets to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water into the bottom of the air fryer basket (this will help in keeping the broccoli tender and not char too much).
- Place broccoli in the air fryer tray in a single layer. Air fry broccoli for 8-10 minutes, tossing halfway through. Cook time may vary just a bit depending on your air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer you may need to do two batches.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl or container. For more flavor, sprinkle a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top and/or squeeze some fresh lemon juice all over the broccoli.
HOW TO STORE NINJA AIR FRYER BROCCOLI
Once cooled to room temperature, store broccoli in an airtight container in the fridge. Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
TIPS FOR BEST AIR FRYER BROCCOLI
- Small florets – make sure to break up any larger broccoli florets so that they are all fairly small and the same size. Typically larger pieces will stick out more and char faster.
- Put water in basket – putting water in the basket is one of the easiest things you can do that will help keep your broccoli tender and not char as much.
- Use oil – oil is highly recommend for this recipe. Oil helps lock the moisture in and keeps the broccoli tender. Without it, the broccoli is more likely to be dry and char easier.
- Toss halfway – another common culprit for too much char. Don’t forget to toss 1-2 times throughout to ensure even cooking!
AIR FRYER BROCCOLI: FAQ
I haven’t tried with frozen broccoli yet but it could definitely work. Try to get rid of any extra ice around the broccoli (so they won’t be soggy and so they will crisp up easier).
For best results, I would recommend it. Tossing the broccoli in oil really locks in the moisture and produces the most tender, flavorful broccoli. If you need an oil-free option, try replacing the oil with vegetable or chicken broth.
You absolutely can! Simply prep the broccoli as directed, then spread them in an even layer on a lined sheet pan and cook at 425ºF for 15-18 minutes.
I typically will just reheat in the microwave and it’s tender and delicious. But if you wish to elevate that charred taste more, you can throw them back in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes to reheat.
AIR-FRIED BROCCOLI VARIATIONS
- Ranch broccoli: Omit garlic powder and onion powder and use 1-2 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix instead.
- Everything but the bagel broccoli: Omit garlic powder and onion powder and use 1-2 Tbsp Everything but the Bagel seasoning instead.
- Lemon pepper: Add the juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon + freshly cracked black pepper to taste (after the broccoli has cooked).
- Cajun broccoli: Keep the onion and garlic powder but add 1/2 to 3/4 tsp cajun or creole seasoning to the mix.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Ninja Air Fryer Broccoli and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!