These Air Fryer Potatoes are a delicious savory side to enjoy at any time of the day and they only require a little bit of oil. Dip them in your favorite condiment and get your fry craving on in a healthier way!
Any one else have a Ninja Foodi? One of the best gifts we’ve ever received is the 5-in-1 Ninja Foodi from Simon’s parents for our engagement. It grills, crisps, roasts, bakes, and dehydrates. 🤯 At first, we didn’t really think we’d use it all that much because we have plenty of other appliances, but let me tell you. We use this thing 3-4 times a day! (This post is not sponsored by Ninja. I just love it so much!!) And it was perfect to cook these potatoes up!
Air fried potatoes are a healthier alternative to deep fried potatoes. They have almost the same roasted texture you’d get at a restaurant without the fat or calories that come from a batter or large amount of cooking oil. And you can feel GOOD about wating them. All you need is potatoes, a little bit of oil and some savory spices!
These Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes are an easy side dish for any meal! I love dipping them in ketchup, yellow mustard (my absolute FAV), and my Skinny Special Sauce. But I bet they would taste delicious dipped in ranch, too! Use whatever condiment your heart desires!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE AIR FRYER POTATOES
- They’re dang freaking good!! Crispy, flavorful, and just absolutely delicious!
- So easy to make. All you have to do is cut your potatoes, toss them in your favorite spices, and throw them in the air fryer. Does it get any easier!?
- You need just a few ingredients, and most of them are staple spices you probably already have in your pantry.
- They’re healthy and low in fat. Get your fry craving on in a healthier way! These bad boys have only 100 calories and 1.5g of fat per serving.
- Potatoes – I used petite Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe. You can use normal sized Yukon potatoes or red potatoes. Russet potatoes work well, too!
- Olive oil – I used olive oil, but you can use whatever oil you have on hand. Canola oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil all work well.
- Spices and seasonings – I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a hint of paprika for a more classic fry flavor, but feel free to use or add whatever seasonings sound good to you!
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Wash potatoes well. Slice into quarters. You may need to cut some into sixths or eighths if it’s a larger potato. We want the potatoes to be the same size so they cook evenly.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add olive oil, salt, garlic, black pepper, and paprika. Toss to evenly coat.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer basket without over crowding the pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon or fork to toss around/flip. Then, cook again for another 5-7 minutes.
- Take out, let cool, and serve immediately with ketchup, MUSTARD 😍, Skinny Special Sauce, or your favorite condiment.
AIR FRYER COOKING TIPS
- Make sure your pieces are the same size so they cook evenly. You don’t want some pieces well done and others under done.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket! Putting too many pieces into the air fryer at once will result in an uneven bake. We want that hot air to get all around those pieces to crisp them up!
- Let air fryer preheat first before putting potatoes in. You want it nice and hot in there!
- Toss/turn the potatoes half way through cooking . This ensures the potatoes will be crisped on all sides.
WHAT TO EAT YOUR POTATOES WITH
Who said crispy potatoes were made only for brunch?? I beg to differ! They literally taste amazing with everything. Enjoy these Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes alongside a stacked sandwich for lunch or with some juicy pork tenderloin or steak for dinner. Heck, I’ve even added them to salads before. The possibilities for these potatoes have no end!
Here are some suggestions: