This Low Calorie Special Sauce has the same delicious tang of In-N-Out’s Special Sauce – but lightened up! Enjoy this sauce with burgers, chicken, fries, and whatever else your heart desires, without the guilt!
Are you a sauce person?! I am 100% one of those people that need sauce on everything. I just can NOT eat my burger, sandwich, or fries DRY! Where is the yum in that?! While I do love and need my sauce, I am also well aware of how calorie-laden most sauces and dressings are; some even more than the food itself! So needless to say, I have found my way-around with lower calorie versions of my favorite sauces – this Skinny Special Sauce being one of them!
Between this healthy Special Sauce, my Skinny Chick-fil-a Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce, Skinny Yum Yum Sauce, and my forever beloved yellow mustard, I think I have the essentials covered. 😂 Bolthouse Farms and G Hugh’s both have great dressings and sauces that are lighter and delish that you can find at most grocery stores as well. Trust me, I am not going to leave you hanging when it comes to the sauce!
This lightened up Special Sauce is great to eat with burgers, chicken, fries, or Air Fryer Potatoes. I also enjoy making a thinner batch sometimes and using it as a dressing on top of a salad! There is no wrong way to eat it!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS LOW CALORIE SPECIAL SAUCE
- Total In-N-Out copycat – but lightened up!
- Perfect sauce for everything – burgers, chicken, fries, you name it.
- Just 30 calories per 2 tablespoons!
- Prepped in 5 minutes – just throw all the ingredients in a food processor!
- Light Mayo – I used light mayonnaise, feel free to use any mayonnaise here.
- Plain Greek yogurt – if needed you can replace with sour cream, cottage cheese or more mayo.
- Ketchup – I used sugar-free ketchup but any ketchup works!
- Yellow mustard – the prepared kind!
- Pickles – pickle relish or normal dill pickles, whatever you have on hand!
- Grated onion – I used a yellow onion but red or white would work.
- Spices – paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- Sweetener – just a touch, trust me on this. You can also use any granular sweetener you have on hand.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk but any PLAIN (not sweetened) milk will work.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CALORIE SPECIAL SAUCE
Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender and blend to combine. I would recommend adding 2-3 tbsp of milk first and then continuing to add more as needed to achieve desired level of consistency.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Best when refrigerated for 24 hours. Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this skinny special sauce and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Special Sauce (Low Calorie)
- 1/2 cup light mayo 115g
- 1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup 60g
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt 60g
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles 45g
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion 30g
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard prepared (30g)
- 1/2 tsp each: smoked paprika garlic powder & onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia – or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk – add more or less milk for a thinner or thicker sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender and blend to combine. I would recommend adding 2-3 tbsp of milk first and then continuing to add more as needed to achieve desired level of consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Best when refrigerated for 24 hours. Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I made this today for dinner. It was absolutely delicious!! I didn’t realize that I was supposed to wait 24 hours, but it was still fantastic tonight in my opinion…can’t wait to try tomorrow! I love that this meal is super flavorful while also being extremely low carb so I can save my carbs for one of Lauren’s desserts.
Glad to hear that Julianna! Haha I know, it’s good right then and there– just BETTER the next day when the flavors come together more! 😉
It’s really flavorful and creamy in a lightened way, and I can’t tell it’s lightened but I feel good eating it. I’ll definitely make this again, it’s like a thousand island yum! Can’t wait to try this with the cheeseburger salad. I’m also going to try it as a spread in a sandwich/wrap.
So glad you love it Monica! It is amazing on the cheeseburger salad!! Great idea adding it to sandwiches and wraps too!
This came out so good and honestly tastes better than the in and out one,in my opinion. 🤭 home made things just have more flavor sometimes. Thanks for this Lauren
Literally been eating this on everything for the last week! Burger crunch wraps? Yes! Taco salads? Yes! I even brought a container with me to use for my chick fil a grilled chicken cool wrap. I am obsessed!
Thank you for the awesome review Frankie! 😊 I love how it goes so great with everything! I am definitely going to need to try it with some Chick-fil-a SOON! 🙌🏼
I made this sauce 3 days ago, and it’s so good! I used smoked paprika because I didn’t have regular, but I love the smokey flavor. I’m definitely making more soon.
Made this for dinner yesterday and it was absolutely delicious, my boyfriend was really impressed!
I made some changes (don’t have ketchup or mustard so replaced them with callowfit curry ketchup and rabeko tartar sauce) but it really tasted like a hamburger sauce and the greek yoghurt gave it a lovely creamyness.
We paired it with cold veggies and well-seasoned minced quorn. A keeper!!
Thank you for this great recipe
I am so happy it turned out well with your subs Liesbet! I think it’s a pretty versatile recipe, which is so nice! Thank you for your sweet review! 😊
Sorry dont know where to ask this, any idea about a skinny General Iso sauce?
I absolutely love this sauce. Turns a frozen turkey burger night into something to be excited about! I typically make the sauce and eat it immediately and it’s still delicious! It’s great ‘left over’ too.
I absolutely love this sauce. Turns a frozen turkey burger night into something to be excited about! I typically make the sauce and eat it immediately and it’s still delicious! It’s great ‘left over’ too. 🙂
Tried for the first time tonight. Big fans!!
A must have sauce!