This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Homemade salad dressing is seriously one of the healthy, easiest ways to take any recipe to the next level and this Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is no exception! It’s made with simple ingredients that deliver the fresh, creamiest, most delicious dressing for less than 50 calories per serving!
This avocado dressing is seriously great on just about anything! It’s such a versatile dressing and is great used for for salads, sandwiches, wraps, tacos and more!
My favorite way to use this dressing is for my Chick-fil-A Cobb Salad Copycat Recipe or my Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap! It taste just like the restaurant version but way healthier and cheaper!
If you’re not making homemade dressings, you’re seriously missing out! Just like my Skinny Chick-fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ, this dressing has so much flavor and is so easy to make (just throw everything into a food process or blender) and enjoy!
I love Chick-fil-A dressing but you seriously can’t beat the flavor (or calories) of this recipe. Just grab this short list of simple ingredients at your local grocery store (or you might already have them on hand!) and enjoy this delicious homemade avocado lime ranch dressing.
Why You’ll Love This Avocado Lime Dressing
- The best copycat recipe of one of my favorite Chick-fil-A dressings!
- An easy recipe made with fresh ingredients and so simple to make!
- Lightened up but tastes just like the real deal! Amazing flavor!
- Less than 50 calories per serving and full of healthy fats for happy hormones!
- The best creamy dressing for salads, sandwiches, chicken strips or just about anything!
- Avocados – make sure your avocados are ripe!
- Light mayo – sub mayo for greek yogurt or sour cream if preferred
- White vinegar
- Buttermilk – You can also make your own buttermilk by mixing 1/4 cup milk of choice with 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Lime juice
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Olive oil
- Sugar – or sweetener or choice
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Add all the ingredients to a food processor (except the olive oil and water) and blend until smooth.
2. Then add in the olive oil and water and blend until combined.
3. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper, sugar, or acid (vinegar, buttermilk, etc.) to taste.
4. Then cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make sure to use a ripe avocado! This will help your dressing be smooth and creamy! If your avocados aren’t ripe, the dressing will turn out thinner and runnier. To know if an avocado is ripe, gently press avocado. When ripe, avocado will slightly yield to gentle pressure. If avocado is squishy, it may be overripe.
- I love using these little 2oz containers with lids to store my dressing for meal prep!
- For best results, this dressing is best chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving! Allow the dressing to chill helps it to form into a creamy dressing and allows the flavors to come together more.
What can I use if I don’t have fat free buttermilk?
You can make your own buttermilk by mixing 1/4 cup milk of choice with 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar.
How do I ripen my avocados?
You can speed up the avocado-ripening process with a piece of fruit. Place the avocados in a paper bag or sealable container with a banana, apple, or other similar fruit. The fruit produces ethlyene gas, which helps ripen the avocado faster!
What should I use this avocado ranch dressing on?
This lightened up copycat recipe is great on so many things! Use it on my Chick fil A Cobb Salad Recipe or Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap for a true, at-home Chick-fil-A experience! Or use this dressing for any salad, sandwich or dipping sauce for your protein of choice!
Can I use this dressing as a dip?
Yes this dressing makes a great dip! If you want to use this dressing recipe as a delicious dip, just adjust the amount of water you add (less water = thicker consistency). If you prefer thinner dressings, you can also add as much water as need until you get your desired consistency.
Does Chick-fil-A sell their dressing?
Yes! Even though I love making this homemade version if you’re in a pinch, you can buy Chick-fil-A dressings and sauces online!
How long will this dressing last in the fridge?
This dressing lasts up to a week in the fridge when stored in an airtight container or mason jar. Just give it a good shake or stir before serving if ingredients have started to separate.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados (240g)
- 1/2 cup light mayo (120g)
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar (60g)
- 1/4 cup fat free buttermilk (60g) *see notes for substitutions
- 1/4 cup lime juice (60g)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 Tbsp water plus more as needed to thin
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor (except the olive oil and water) and blend until smooth.
- Then add in the olive oil and water and blend until combined.
- Taste and add any additional salt and pepper, sugar, or acid (vinegar, buttermilk, etc.) to taste.
- Then cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Food processor or blender
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.