The same delicious Caesar dressing we all know and love, but lightened up! This is THE most legit tasting low calorie Caesar Dressing ever. It sacrifices zero taste or flavor. Save money and whip this easy recipe up at home in 5 minutes instead!
Bold statement, but I am prepared to make it. This is BEST homemade caesar dressing recipe. Healthy or not, I promise it tastes just like traditional caesar salad dressing. Rich flavor. So creamy. I am absolutely obsessed with it!
I know store-bought dressing is super convenient, but I can’t stress enough that making your own dressing at home is actually so easy to do. All you need is a handful of simple ingredients and a blender or food processor.
You just add all the ingredients to the machine and blend away! So easy right? And the best part is you feel good about it because you know exactly what you are putting into your body, and you’re saving money too!
You also don’t have to worry about it going bad too quickly. This homemade dressing does not use raw egg yolks, so it will hold up in the fridge as long as the yogurt is good. Trust me. This healthier version slaps. You must try it.
CAESAR DRESSING CALORIES
Did you know that two tablespoons of normal, store-bought Caesar dressing is around 170 calories with 18 grams of fat? For just 2 tablespoons!!! I remember seeing that for the first time and just thinking, there HAS to be a way to make this lighter!
So needless to say, I was pretty dang thrilled when I finally nailed this healthy caesar dressing. Classic caesar dressing with an amazing nutritional profile? YES PLEASE.
My low calorie Caesar Dressing is only 45 calories with 3.1 grams of fat. Using this recipe will save you a crap of calories that you can use for other yummy things, like more fun toppings, or dessert! 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS LOW CALORIE CAESAR DRESSING
- It’s bold, rich, and tangy.
- Tastes just like normal Caesar dressing! I’m not kidding!!
- Whip it up in just 5 minutes!
- No raw eggs involved so it will keep for a few weeks in the fridge. (If it lasts that long!)
- Lower in fat and calories than traditional Caesar dressing.
- So many uses besides just salad. Add it to wraps, use it as a dipping sauce for chicken or veggies, or drizzle over a buddha bowl!
CAESAR DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- Yogurt – I used plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Make sure it’s plain yogurt and not flavored.
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated makes all the difference! Don’t skip the fresh!
- Fresh Lemon juice
- Mayo – I used light mayo.
- Olive oil
- Anchovy paste – or an anchovy fillet / whole anchovies
- Seasonings – Grab some salt and pepper!
- Liquid stevia (optional)
- Black pepper (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LOW CALORIE CASEAR DRESSING
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor along with 1/8 tsp salt and a few cracks of pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and add any additional salt, pepper, mustard, parmesan, etc. as needed.
Store in a jar or airtight container. For best results, allow dressing to chill for 30 minutes before serving. Log dressing separately so you can add as much or little as you wish!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE ANCHOVIES?
The anchovy paste really brings that umami flavor that is classic with traditional caesar salad. It’s a great thing and I definitely recommend it!
But if you absolutely can’t do it, there are some substitutions you can make that will still keep it tasting like the real deal!
Just omit the anchovy paste and sub for dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce (about a tsp of each and then more to taste). You could also use fish sauce!
BEST CAESAR DRESSING TIPS
- Grate your own parmesan – Use freshly grated always. Please do not use the already grated parmesan. It is not the same!
- Use a good quality Greek yogurt – This greek yogurt caesar dressing recipe features Greek yogurt as the main ingredient, so you’ll definitely want to make sure you use a good quality yogurt.
- Let chill – For best results, let this light caesar dressing chill in the fridge for at least an hour before enjoying. It tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge!
- Give it a good stir after sitting – always give it a good stir to bring all the flavors back together after it’s been sitting a while.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CAESAR DRESSING
- Homemade caesar salad – Make your own lighter caesar salad at home with romaine lettuce and this creamy dressing!
- Chicken Caesar Salad – when you’re craving caesar salads but you want to make it into an main entree, add chicken breast for some lean protein and some homemade croutons for a crunchy topping!
- Veggies – use this caesar dressing to snack on some baby carrots or celery with!
MORE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES AND SAUCES TO TRY
- HEALTHY HOMEMADE TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE
- LIGHT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE (LOW CALORIE AND SO EASY!)
- SKINNY SPECIAL SAUCE (BURGER SAUCE)
- SKINNY CHICK-FIL-A HONEY ROASTED BBQ SAUCE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Lighter Caesar Dressing and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
The Most Legit Tasting Low Calorie Caesar Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt 170g
- 1/4 cup FRESHLY grated parmesan cheese 28g – do not use the already shredded kind!
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30g
- 1 Tbsp light mayo 15g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15g
- 1 tsp anchovy paste 5g
- 5-6 drops of liquid stevia or sweetener of choice – optional but it elevates the flavor!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor along with 1/8 tsp salt and a few cracks of pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and add any additional salt, pepper, mustard, parmesan, etc. as needed.
- Store in a jar or airtight container. For best results, allow dressing to chill for 30 minutes before serving. Log dressing separately so you can add as much or little as you wish!
This looks great and excited to try but one question. In the post you mention using freshly grated pecorino Romano but the recipe calls for Parmesan cheese. Just want to know if you used pecorino Romano or parmigiana reggiano? Thanks!
Hi Rory! I used Parmesan!! Thank you for the catch in the blog post! Can’t wait for you to try this one, it’s one of favorite dressings!!
Can’t wait to try this! How long do you think this will last in the fridge?