This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
This Light Balsamic Vinaigrette is my FAVORITE! It’s my go-to whenever I am craving a super flavorful, tangy vinaigrette dressing! It’s so good and easy we almost ALWAYS have some made and stocked in our fridge!
It pairs perfectly with my Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad or Steak and Potato Salad. It’s seriously the BEST balsamic vinaigrette with way fewer calories and less fat than regular balsamic dressing.
There’s just truly nothing better than FRESH homemade salad dressings. And there’s no excuse when it only takes a couple staple ingredients, one bowl, and less than 5 minutes to make. So if this is your first time making your dressing, this is the perfect one to start with!
This Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is the perfect dressing to make to go with all your favorite salads. Or to use as a delicious marinade for your favorite protein! Like things creamy? Try my Creamy Balsamic Dressing to mix things up!
The best part about macro-friendly dressings is you never have to worry about skimping. Like we want to be able to add enough to actually taste the dressing right?? This vinaigrette has just 60 calories per serving and it brings so much flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- A staple dressing lightened-up.
- So versatile! Can be used for some many different recipes.
- Perfect as a salad dressing or marinade.
- Ready in less than 5 minutes.
- Tastes way better than store bought (and has way fewer calories!)
- Enjoy one of your favorite dressings in a healthier way!
- Balsamic Vinegar – can sub for white balsamic vinegar if you wish to have a lighter color vinaigrette.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – can sub for white distilled vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a little is all we need but it really makes a difference!
- Honey – to help balance the tartness of the vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard – for some tang!
how to make
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. You could also use an immersion blender or just add everything to a jar and give it a few good shakes!
Store in a mason jar with a lid or airtight container. For best results, allow dressing to chill for 30 minutes before serving.
How do I store this dressing?
Store in an airtight container or mason jar with a lid in the refrigerator. This will keep and fresh and delicious!
How long does dressing last?
It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You will just want to give it a good shake just before serving.
What salads pair well with this?
This dressings pairs beautifully with my Spinach and Berry Salad and Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad! It honestly pairs well with any kind of a mixed green salad or even a simple chef salad as well!
Can I use this as a marinade?
Yes! This works fantastic as a marinade! It makes the most perfect and simple marinade for chicken specifically!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (60g)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (30g) can sub for white distilled
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (30g)
- 2 Tbsp water (30g)
- 1 Tbsp honey (21g)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl (or jar) and whisk/shake to combine.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.