Check your pantry because you probably already have all the ingredients needed to make this delicious, super simple Light Balsamic Vinaigrette! There’s nothing better than homemade salad dressings to save money and even better when it’s lightened up and flavor packed!
This Light Balsamic Vinaigrette is my FAVORITE! It’s my go-to whenever I am craving a super flavorful, tangy vinaigrette dressing! It’s so good and easy we almost ALWAYS have some made and stocked in our fridge!
It pairs perfectly with my Spinach and Berry Salad and Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad. It’s seriously the BEST balsamic vinaigrette with way fewer calories and less fat than regular balsamic dressing.
There’s just truly nothing better than FRESH homemade salad dressings. And there’s no excuse when it only takes a couple staple ingredients, one bowl, and less than 5 minutes to make. So if this is your first time making your dressing, this is the perfect one to start with!
This Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is the perfect dressing to make to go with all your favorite salads. Or to use as a delicious marinade for your favorite protein!
The best part about macro-friendly dressings is you never have to worry about skimping. Like we want to be able to add enough to actually taste the dressing right?? This vinaigrette has just 60 calories per serving and it brings so much flavor! So load up your salad, and dress it until your heart’s content!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS LIGHT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
- A staple dressing lightened-up.
- So versatile! Can be used for some many different recipes.
- Perfect as a salad dressing or marinade.
- Ready in less than 5 minutes.
- Tastes way better than store bought (and has way fewer calories!)
- Enjoy one of your favorite dressings in a healthier way!
- Balsamic Vinegar – can sub for white balsamic vinegar if you wish to have a lighter color vinaigrette.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – can sub for white distilled vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a little is all we need but it really makes a difference!
- Honey – to help balance the tartness of the vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard – for some tang!
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS LIGHT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. You could also use an immersion blender or just add everything to a jar and give it a few good shakes!
HOW TO STORE
Store in a mason jar with a lid or airtight container. For best results, allow dressing to chill for 30 minutes before serving.
LIGHT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE FAQ
How do I store this dressing?
Store in an airtight container or mason jar with a lid in the refrigerator. This will keep and fresh and delicious!
How long does dressing last?
It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You will just want to give it a good shake just before serving.
What salads pair well with this?
This dressings pairs beautifully with my Spinach and Berry Salad and Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad! It honestly pairs well with any kind of a mixed green salad or even a simple chef salad as well!
Can I use this as a marinade?
Yes! This works fantastic as a marinade! It makes the most perfect and simple marinade for chicken specifically!
MORE YUMMY DRESSINGS YOU’LL LOVE
- SKINNY YUM YUM SAUCE
- SKINNY CHICK-FIL-A HONEY ROASTED BBQ SAUCE
- SKINNY SPECIAL SAUCE (BURGER SAUCE)
- LOW CALORIE CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Light Balsamic Vinaigrette and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreation
I’ve made this dressing a few times and I LOVE IT! I have two questions: do you refrigerate it? I did and it seems to separate even with whisking again. And how long does it last?
Hi Vivian! So glad you love it!!
I do refrigerate it, yes! It is normal for the oil and vinegar to separate- they are two substances that will always have some natural separation due to their consistencies. I always just give it a good whisk/shake before I pour it and it usually pours out pretty evenly! And it will last 2 weeks stored in the fridge! 🙂