Looking for a fresh and flavorful low carb salad? You’ll love this Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese! It’s filled with juicy, tender chicken over greens, creamy goat cheese, and more all topped with a light balsamic dressing!
I LOVE a good big ass salad, also known as a BAS. 😂 I swear I could eat them every day! With the right toppings and dressing, they can satisfy whatever cravings you have popping up in a lighter and healthier way. And let me tell you, this Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad really hits the spot!
To make my life easier, I like to bulk meal prep a protein for the week—usually chicken, but sometimes steak, salmon or beef. Then, I’ll just prepare some toppings to include with it on a salad. This system makes sure I’m never bored and my BAS is always super delicious!
That being said, strawberries and goat cheese is one of my favorite combos! The sweet juicy strawberries pair so well with the creamy goat cheese. And both with some tender and juicy balsamic chicken? Absolutely DROOL WORTHY! I also added some red onions to this salad to give it a crunch. And to keep with the tangy balsamic flavor, I added a light balsamic dressing!
If strawberries and goat cheese doesn’t sound good to you, feel free to add what YOU like. There’s plenty of fruit, veggie, and cheese combos that would be just as delicious!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
- It’s tangy, sweet, fresh, and delicious, hitting all the flavor spots!
- The perfect light lunch to leave you feeling satisfied.
- Filled with tender and juicy chicken!
- You get a BIG salad for a small amount of calories.
- Great meal prep option!
- Chicken – I used boneless and skinless chicken breast.
- Vinegar – I used both balsamic and apple cider vinegar.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings – Grab some salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Lettuce – Romaine or mixed greens of your choice work great!
- Strawberries – So juicy, sweet, and flavorful!
- Red Onion
- Goat Cheese – I love the creamy texture.
- Dijon mustard
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
- First, we’ll prepare the chicken. Start by trimming off any excess fat and butterflying each breast. This will allow the chicken to have more flavor and help ensure even cooking throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients, which include balsamic vinegar through garlic powder.
- Place chicken in a bowl or a zip-top bag and pour marinade over chicken. Move chicken around to make sure it’s all coated with marinade. Place in the fridge and let marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before grilling.
- When ready to grill, remove chicken from the marinade, letting excess drip off. Discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat (~450°F) for 5 minutes. Then, flip and grill for another 4-5 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. After the chicken has rested a bit, slice into strips.
- Next, we’ll assemble the salad. In a bowl or meal prep container, add your greens. Then, add the chicken strips, strawberries, red onions, and goat cheese.
- Top with light balsamic vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing and enjoy!
This recipe makes 8 servings of balsamic chicken. If meal prepping in a container together, prep up to 2 servings at once. Otherwise, the lettuce may get soggy. Store the remainder of chicken and dressing separately.
BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD: FAQ
You can enjoy this salad on its own or as a side to a larger piece of protein. It would even be delicious rolled up in a wrap and taken on the go!
If you want to change this salad up, you might like adding fresh tomatoes, blueberries, nuts, or maybe even granola. You could substitute the goat cheese with feta or bleu cheese, shredded cheese, or fresh mozzarella. There really are so many options!
For the most part, it doesn’t. Feel free to add your protein straight from the grill to the salad or use cold leftovers. If you are using a more delicate green like spinach, I would recommend letting the protein cool so the warmth doesn’t cause wilting.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
This was easy and delicious! I made it in the oven and it was perfect.
This is my new go to marinade for grilling chicken. I did use spinach rather than romaine for the salad, but overall this recipe is so delicious and easy!
It’s so flavorful right!? So glad you love it Katie, thanks for commenting!