This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is low-carb, high-protein and bursting with spicy buffalo flavor! Your taste buds and your tummy with be satisfied with this mouth-watering, voluminous dish. You’ll keep going back for more!
Truly, there is something just SO DANG TASTY about buffalo chicken. I can smell the spiciness just thinking about it and my mouth is WATERING! And when you include it in something creamy and cheesy that happens to contain a voluminous vegetable…what more could you ask for in a meal??? This is one of my most popular recipes, and I make it all of the time! (And so does MY MOM!)
This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole will seriously blow your mind. The top is bubbly, cheesy, and crispy and the inside is incredibly creamy. It’s made with a great, wholesome protein paired with a healthy vegetable, making it healthy and macro-friendly. And it’s great for meal prep, so you can make it to enjoy ALL WEEK LONG!
Like many casseroles, this dish is also super customizable and you can make it in a way that works best for you. Use a pre-shredded or rotisserie chicken or cook your spaghetti squash the day before if you need to save some time. Mix your buffalo sauce with ranch or bleu cheese dressing, use different seasonings, and throw in your other favorite veggies. It all bakes together into perfection!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- It’s BURSTING with buffalo flavor!
- This dish is macro-friendly being low carb and high protein.
- Works as an amazing meal prep option for the week!
- Creamy, cheesy, spicy…you’ll be scraping your plate and going back for more.
- Casseroles allow for so much customization! Add more veggies, toss in extra protein, use a different sauce or experiment with other cheese flavors.
- It’s so good, even your mom will want to make it. Seriously! My mom does every other week 😂
- Spaghetti squash – Adds so much volume to this casserole! Check out How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash for best tips on cooking.
- Chicken breast – shredded
- Frank’s Red Hot – Only some of the best buffalo sauce to ever exist.
- Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Fat-free sour scream – Makes this casserole oh so creamy! You can replace with Greek yogurt if you would like.
- Parmesan cheese – I love the parmesan with the buffalo but you could also use your favorite shredded cheese. Mozzarella or a Mexican blend would be so good!
- Olive oil – only 1/2 tablespoon. Just steps it up a notch and makes it taste more like the real deal.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook and shred your chicken if you are not using a pre-shredded or rotisserie chicken.
- Cook your spaghetti squash. Slice into rings or lengthwise. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 30-40 minutes. For tips on how to cook a spaghetti squash, check out my How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash post.
- Grab a large mixing bowl. Add egg, olive oil, and seasonings and whisk to combine. Add buffalo sauce and sour cream. Whisk again.
- Add spaghetti squash and shredded chicken to the bowl and stir.
- Add in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (save the other 1/4 for topping) and combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the top starts to brown. You can broil for one to two minutes to get it a little crispy at the top, too.
- Let cool and enjoy!
CUSTOMIZE THIS CASSEROLE
Casseroles are so easy to customize because they’re basically a combination of your favorite things!
Need more protein? Add more chicken breast and/or cheese. You could also make this recipe with ground beef or shredded pork.
Want to make it creamier? Replace the sour cream with fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese. You can also add shredded cheese and watch it get all gooey and bubbly. Top it off with some bleu cheese dressing, too!
Think you’ll still be hungry? I get it. Sometimes you just want more food 😂 Add some veggies to fill your belly up! My favorite are grilled onions, cauliflower rice, and shredded carrots! But feel free to experiment how you like!
Don’t be afraid to double or half size this recipe either!
WANT MORE SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES?
- BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- TUSCAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE
- CHEESY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE
- HOW TO COOK A SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH STUFFING BAKE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!