This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Oh you guys are just going to love this one! This bake combines cooked spaghetti squash, grilled onions, ground turkey, and three different cheeses. There are roasted red peppers in there and Mediterranean flavors bursting throughout each bite.
You will quickly feel like you are sitting in Tuscany overlooking the mountains of vineyards… I mean we can dream right!
This dish is so cheesy, savory, satisfying, and FILLING. The volume for one serving is huge!!! Which we can all agree, food is good and more food is better.
This recipe combines veggies, protein, and cheeses. It requires a little bit of kitchen prep with the cutting and scooping of the spaghetti squash seeds and the dicing of the onion. But besides that, it’s mostly just cooking the veggies and turkey in a skillet and then mixing everything together in a bowl and throwing in a dish to bake- which is 100% worth the effort, trust me. 😉
Want more cheesy goodness? Try my Spinach and Artichoke Spaghetti Squash Bake or my classic Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole. If you like a bit of heat, definitely check out my Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole!
Why You’ll Love These Three-Cheese Tuscan Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- It packs MAJOR VOLUME for LOW CALORIES!
- SO CHEESY AND FLAVORFUL – cannot say that enough. It is in each bite and it is so good.
- Low carb, low fat, high protein – just see nutritional information below. Super macro friendly!
- Perfect when you are dieting – because it packs so much volume for such low calories, this bake is a dieter’s dream!
- Great for meal prep – prep once and eat for lunch or have ready for dinner for the week.
- Spaghetti squash – We’ll use cooked spaghetti squash for this recipe. If you’re new to cooking spaghetti squash, check out this How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash for best tips and the different ways of cooking.
- Ground turkey – You can also use ground chicken, ground beef, or shredded chicken if you wish!
- Baby Bella mushrooms
- Roasted red bell peppers – I used Mezzetta brand that came pre-cut in jar.
- Chicken broth
- Feta cheese
- Cream cheese – I used lite (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, any cream cheese works though!
- Mozzarella cheese
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mediterranean seasoning (or other related seasoning blend of choice)
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13″ baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. If you still need to cook your spaghetti squash, you can do this first.
2. In the meantime, dice onion and saute in large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add in the mushrooms and saute until they are both cooked – about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Using the same skillet, spray again with nonstick spray and add the ground turkey and chicken broth (this is important in keeping the turkey juicy and moist despite it being super low fat). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic and break up the turkey as much as you can. Once cooked thoroughly, transfer to the large mixing bowl.
4. Add the cream cheese, roasted red peppers, garlic, and Mediterranean seasoning. Continue to stir and combine until all ingredients are mixed in thoroughly.
5. Finally, fold in the spaghetti squash until it is mixed in with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
6. Pour the spaghetti squash mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with feta and mozzarella cheeses.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until desired baked consistency.
8. Remove from oven, scoop some onto your plate, and enjoy!
How To Cook A Spaghetti Squash
This Three-Cheese Tuscan Spaghetti Squash Casserole is truly so easy! The hardest part is just getting your spaghetti squash cooked and shredded – besides that, everything else comes together relatively quick and easy.
If you aren’t sure the best way to cook your spaghetti squash, check out these 3 easy ways (oven, air fryer, microwave) to bake and shred your squash. I will usually do this the night before so I have the strands ready to go.
Why is my spaghetti squash casserole watery?
Be sure to not overcook your spaghetti squash as this can cause it to be watery and add too much liquid to the dish. I like to bake my spaghetti squash until it is just barely done (able to shred with a fork) because it will continue to cook in the oven with the dish. This prevents overcooking and the casserole turning out watery.
Can I freeze this tuscan spaghetti squash bake?
Yes! This is a great casserole to freeze. Just let it come to room temperature, then store it covered or in a plastic container for up to 3 months. To reheat, let it defrost in the fridge overnight then reheat in the oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is warm and the casserole is bubbling again.
What’s the best way to cook spaghetti squash?
There are several easy ways to cook spaghetti squash. You can bake it in the oven, cook in the microwave or air fry it. I personally love roasting it in the oven (if I have time) because I think it brings about the best flavor but truly any work! I also like to cook and shred my squash the night before if I have time to make this casserole prep even easier!
- 1 large spaghetti squash (850g) cooked & shredded
- 1 medium onion (300g) finely diced
- 1.5 cups baby Bella mushrooms (120g) sliced
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (60g)
- 8 oz. lite cream cheese (226g)
- 4.5 Tbsp roasted red bell peppers (90g) I used Mezzetta brand that came pre-cut in jar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (112g)
- 1/2 cup fat free feta cheese (56g)
- 1 Tbsp Weber Mediterranean seasoning or other seasoning of choice
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13" baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- If you still need to cook your spaghetti squash, you can do this first. See notes for tips on the 3 best ways to cook spaghetti squash.
- In the meantime, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and set to medium heat. Add onions and saute for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and saute until they are both tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Using the same skillet, spray again with cooking spray and add the ground turkey and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Cook, breaking into crumbles as you go until no longer pink. Then transfer to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, roasted red peppers, garlic powder and Mediterranean seasoning to mixing bowl with the mushrooms and cooked turkey. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Then stir in the spaghetti squash. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer the spaghetti squash mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot cheesy and bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.