Three-cheese spaghetti squash pasta with grilled onions, hearty turkey, roasted peppers and mediterranean flavors in each bite! This bake is low calorie, low carb, protein-packed, and one serving is HUGE! You are absolutely going to fall in love with this healthy Tuscan inspired dish!
Oh you guys are just going to love this one! This bake combines cooked spaghetti squash, grilled onions, ground turkey, and three different cheeses. There are roasted red peppers in there and Mediterranean flavors bursting throughout each bite. You will quickly feel like you are sitting in Tuscany overlooking the mountains of vineyards… I mean we can dream right!
This dish is so cheesy, savory, satisfying, and FILLING. The volume for one serving is huge!!! Which we can all agree, food is good and more food is better.
Seriously, meals like these help me so much when I am dieting or cutting. My stomach seems to always be a bottomless pit, so these voluminous, fiber-packed dishes fill me up and not feeling the need to go back for seconds. Plus I feel good eating them. AND they taste delicious. Another triple win. 🙌🏼
Even if you’re not dieting, it’s still an excellent dish to serve up with a side salad and some bread of the sort! It’s also super versatile, so feel free to customize the ingredients and flavors as you wish!
This recipe combines veggies, protein, and cheeses. It requires a little bit of kitchen prep with the cutting and scooping of the spaghetti squash seeds and the dicing of the onion. But besides that, it’s mostly just cooking the veggies and turkey in a skillet and then mixing everything together in a bowl and throwing in a dish to bake- which is 100% worth the effort, trust me. 😉
- Spaghetti squash – Adds so much volume to this casserole! Check out How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash for best tips on cooking.
- Ground turkey – You can use ground chicken, ground beef, or shredded chicken if you wish!
- Baby Bella mushrooms
- Roasted red bell peppers – I used Mezzetta brand that came pre-cut in jar
- Chicken broth
- Fat-free feta cheese
- Fat-free cream cheese – you can also use reduced-fat or Greek cream cheese. Nutrition information with using reduced fat is included in the recipe card as well.
- Reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mediterranean seasoning (or other related seasoning blend of choice)
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13″ baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- If you still need to cook your spaghetti squash, you can do this first. Check out How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash for the different ways and best roasting tips.
- In the meantime, dice onion and saute in large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add in the mushrooms and saute until they are both cooked – about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Using the same skillet, spray again with nonstick spray and add the ground turkey and chicken broth (this is important in keeping the turkey juicy and moist despite it being super low fat). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic and break up the turkey as much as you can. Once cooked thoroughly, transfer to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, roasted red peppers, garlic, and Mediterranean seasoning. Continue to stir and combine until all ingredients are mixed in thoroughly. Finally, fold in the spaghetti squash until it is mixed in with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the spaghetti squash mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until desired baked consistency. Remove from oven, scoop some onto your plate, and enjoy!
WANT MORE SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES?
- BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- CHEESY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE
- HOW TO COOK A SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH STUFFING BAKE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Tuscan spaghetti squash bake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!