Skip the sandwich and try these delicious and protein packed Meal Prep Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels for lunch! They hold up so well in the fridge and are great to enjoy on the go.
Let’s make lunch time more fun with these Meal Prep Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels! Sandwiches are delicious, but sometimes it’s nice to switch things up. I love that these pinwheels are bite-sized, making them easy to enjoy on the go. I filled mine with some juicy turkey, cheese, and greens and they were so delicious! The pinwheel style also makes it easy to pack the perfect amount that will keep you full and satisfied until dinner!
I love how perfect these pinwheels are for meal prep! They hold up very well in the fridge so you can prep lunch a few days out. Just grab a tortilla and your favorite cold cuts and get ready to roll!
You can change these pinwheels up however you’d like to fit your cravings. Try a different cheese or protein. They’re also great to dip in your favorite condiments. I prefer to pack mine on the side, but you can spread it on the inside of your tortilla during prep as well.
P.S. These are totally kid approved! 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE MEAL PREP PINWHEELS
- They’re perfect for meal prep!
- Such a fun and different twist on a normal sandwich.
- They keep well in the refrigerator, making it easy to prep ahead.
- Each bite is full of protein!
- So easy & quick to make!
- Tortilla – I used Flatout flatbread. I find the shape makes the pinwheels easier to roll, but any tortilla will work.
- Laughing Cow cheese – The best cheese because it’s soft and spreadable! You could also use regular deli cheese or even shredded cheese.
- Deli turkey – Boar’s Head is my favorite.
- Spinach – All you need is a small handful. This is optional, but I find that the spinach adds a good crunch!
- Sides for serving – I ate my pinwheels with pretzels and berries!
HOW TO MAKE MEAL PREP TURKEY & CHEESE PINWHEELS
- Lay your flatbread or tortilla on a clean, flat surface. First, we’ll spread the cheese wedges on the flatbread. Make sure to spread it on the ENTIRE flatbread surface.
- Next, add the turkey to 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving about 1/3 of the tortilla with just the cheese spread. Then, add a small handful of spinach on top of the turkey.
- Begin rolling the pinwheel from the meat covered side. Use both hands and roll TIGHTLY. The greens may try to escape. Just use your fingers to tuck them in as you roll.
- Cut the roll up into 5 pieces and place on a plate or add it to a container for meal prep. Serve with mixed berries and pretzels to complete the meal!
Prep up to 3 servings at once and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nope! That’s just what I like to use. Feel free to switch up the protein or cheese!
I enjoyed mine with a side of pretzels and berries. I think some pasta or potato salad, chips, sliced apples or freshly cut veggies would also be good options!
100%, they love them! You can easily omit the spinach if you wish and really they are totally versatile if you wanted to switch things up! Making them with your kids would be fun, too!
I haven’t tried, but I don’t see why not. I think they’d probably taste best warmed slightly in a panini press. OR throw those babies in an air fryer! 😍
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these turkey and cheese pinwheels and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!