This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Seriously, who doesn’t love the Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera?! I know I do!! Now you can make this popular Panera Bread sandwich at HOME!
And even better- everything you love about this Panera favorite, but lightened up just a smidge! This Bacon Turkey Bravo Panera recipe will become your new go-to turkey sandwich all summer long!
This turkey bacon bravo sandwich is packed with protein to keep you full and satisfied until your next meal. It holds up well in the fridge so it’s perfect for meal prep and makes a great no-reheat option for lunch on-the-go!
I love a good cold sandwich this time of year! But if you are in the mood for warm turkey and melty cheese, try this sandwich in a panini press! Pair it with a bowl of warm French Onion Soup or tomato soup for a healthy, super cozy meal!
Why You’ll Love This Bacon Turkey Bravo
- Simple recipe that comes together super quick!
- Lightened up version of one Panera’s most popular signature sandwiches!
- That signature sauce!! Need I say more?! It’s FULL of flavor and it’s everyone’s favorite part!
- Protein packed – a whopping 38 grams!
- Perfect no-reheat meal for a healthy lunch on-the-go!
For the Bravo Sauce:
- Mayo – A key ingredient to this bravo sauce! I used light mayo. But any kind of mayo works!
- Ketchup – Ketchup is another key ingredient. I used sugar-free ketchup, but again, any ketchup works.
- Honey – Honey makes this bravo sauce taste more authentic, but you can use maple syrup if it’s all have on hand.
- Lemon – I used freshly-squeezed lemon juice for the best fresh flavor but you can use any lemon juice you have in the fridge too!
- Mustard – I used yellow mustard. Yellow mustard will work best to get the classic bravo sauce but you can use dijon mustard in a pinch.
- Worcestershire sauce
For the Sandwich:
- Sandwich bread of choice – I used Breadeli Handcrafted Roasted Tomato Focaccia flatbread. Panera uses a tomato basil bread, so I wanted a tomato bread to get this sandwich the most like the real deal. You can also pick up a fresh baked loaf of this bread at Panera if you wanted (it’s so good!), or try your hand at making your own homemade tomato basil bread! But of course any type of bread of bread will work here.
- Bravo sauce – all the ingredients for how to make our own homemade version are listed above!
- Turkey deli meat – I used oven roasted turkey breast. Try to use a good-quality brand of fresh sliced turkey for this if you can! I love Boars Head and Dietz and Watson.
- Cheese – I used Gouda cheese. I swear the gouda cheese is perfect for this! But sub with your favorite cheese if needed.
- Bacon – I used center cut bacon. You can use turkey bacon or microwave bacon to make this easier but that crispy, real-deal bacon really takes this sandwich over the top!
- Lettuce – Romaine or butter lettuce works perfect here!
- Wrap it up! Instead of using bread, try a Tomato Basil wrap instead! Or your favorite type of wrap (spinach, whole wheat, gluten-free, low-carb, etc!)
- Try using different types of turkey – Like peppercorn, cajun style, hickory smoked, etc) or sub for oven roasted chicken breast!
- Switch up the cheese! Pepper Jack, Swiss, White Cheddar, White American would all be yummy options.
- Make low carb – Make this sandwich low carb by using your favorite low carb bread or wrap.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. To make the sauce, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
3. Spread turkey bravo sauce over the sliced bread.
4. Top with the sliced turkey, Gouda cheese, and bacon.
5. Then add lettuce and tomato. Slice in half.
6. Serve with a pickle and chips and enjoy!
Time Saving Tips!
- Make the bravo sauce in advance – This bravo sauce tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge! So try to make the day before serving if you can.
- Buy Tomato Basil Bread from Panera – If you’re looking for a more authentic Bacon Turkey Bravo like Panera you can buy the Tomato Basil bread to use! You can also sub the bread for a tomato basil wrap!
What is on a Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera?
The Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera is made up of oven-roasted turkey breast, smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, emerald greens, tomatoes, signature sauce (AKA bravo sauce), salt and pepper on Tomato Basil Bread. It’s one of Panera’s most popular sandwiches!
Can you make this Bacon Turkey Bravo Panera sandwich gluten-free?
You sure can! This sandwich is also super easy to make gluten-free. Just use a gluten-free sandwich bread.
How is copycat Panera Bread Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich best served?
Just like any sandwich, I love pairing this bacon turkey bravo with a pickle and chips! You could also do a side of fruit, like sliced apples, oranges or grapes. Or it’s also great served with anything you would serve a typical sandwich with, like pretzels or a side salad or soup.
Can a different bread be used for this Bacon Turkey Bravo?
Yes! You can use any piece of bread of choice here. I used a Focaccia flatbread, but you can use gluten-free bread, whole wheat, sourdough, or even a low calorie bread. Use any two slices of bread of your preference!
How do I store meal prep Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwiches?
Store leftover ingredients or meal prep sandwiches in an airtight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. If meal prepping, I do recommend storing ingredients separately if you can (and assembling the day of) so the bread doesn’t get soggy. At least store the tomatoes separately if you want to go ahead and assemble the rest of the sandwich!
- 1/2 cup light mayo (120g)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (120g) I used sugar-free
- 1 Tbsp honey (21g)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp sriracha or to taste
- 1-2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
Bacon Turkey Bravo:
- 2 slices sandwich bread of choice I used Breadeli Handcrafted Roasted Tomato Focaccia flatbread
- 2 Tbsp Bravo Sauce (30g)
- 4 oz. oven roasted turkey deli meat
- 1 slice gouda cheese
- 1 slice cooked center cut bacon
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices romaine or butter lettuce
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Spread turkey bravo sauce over the sliced bread.
- Top with the sliced turkey, Gouda cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato then slice in half. Serve with a pickle and chips and enjoy!
- Panini Press optional
To make dairy-free: use dairy-free cheese or omit. I love a good cold sandwich when it’s warm outside! But if you are in the mood for warm turkey and melty cheese, try this sandwich in a panini press! The Bravo Sauce Per serving: 2 Tbsp (30g) – 40 calories 3C | 3F | 0P MFP entry: LFF Bravo Sauce
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.