This Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a MUST HAVE recipe all spring and summer long! It’s filled with the best fresh combination of fruits and covered in a sweet, tangy dressing that is out of this world. The perfect side dish for potlucks, BBQ’s or even just to eat alongside your sandwiches for the week!
You won’t believe how tasty this homemade fruit salad is! It’s packed with natural sweetness from all the fresh fruit and honey and combines perfectly with the fresh lime juice for just a bit of tang. You can also customize this recipe to use any of your favorite fruits! It’s also delicious with a little bit of fresh mint if you want even more flavor!
Seriously, this easy fruit salad recipe is my go-to recipe for all summer get-togethers! Because who doesn’t love an assortment of yummy fruit! Not to mention, it’s refreshing, sweet, and topped with the yummiest tangy honey-lime dressing! Plus, it could not be easier to make! Just cut up all the fresh fruit, dump in a big bowl and top with the fruit salad dressing.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RAINBOW FRUIT SALAD
- This fresh fruit salad uses the best combination of colorful fruits for a tasty side dish!
- A great addition for any cookout, bbq, or summer pool party – it’s also a beautiful dish filled with fresh, vibrant colors of the rainbow
- Serve as a side dish or use it to top your favorite greek yogurt or fresh fruit pie
- Recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian as written
- Totally customizable! Use any type of fruit you enjoy to make this recipe your own
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Pineapple – about 1 regular-sized fresh pineapple, chopped
- Red grapes – halved, can also use green grapes if you prefer
- Clementines – peeled, or sub for mandarin oranges
- Kiwis – peeled and chopped
OPTIONAL VARIATIONS & DIETARY ADAPTIONS
You can use any fruit you like in this recipe! Just keep in mind that certain fruits, like bananas, apples, pears and peaches, brown faster. If you are using these fruit make so dip them in an acid + water mixture first. To make this, combine 1 cup water with 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice.
Other great additions would be chopped, raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc. Also, I love adding a bit of fresh mint sometimes for an extra cool pop of flavor. Cilantro would be yummy too!
HOW TO MAKE
FAQ: RAINBOW FRUIT SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
Store fruit salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days for max freshness! The longer it sits, the more liquid that will accumulate, but even on day 4-5 it’s still tasty!
The easiest answer is don’t use fruits that turn brown, which is exactly what I did for this fruit salad! Even 4-5 days later, none of the fruit in this salad turned brown. Some fruits that start to turn brown quickly include bananas, apples, pears, and peaches. So if you do wish to use any of these fruits, dip them in an acid + water mixture first (combine 1 cup water with 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice).
Yes! Fruit salad is filled with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from all the different fruit used. The honey is also packed with a ton nutrients and is great for gut-health!
So fruit salad is simply an assortment of different fruits and can be served as a healthy side dish, dessert or an appetizer. I love it all times of the day!
Using fresh fruit is going to make this fruit salad taste the best. I would not recommend using frozen fruit as it will get soft and mushy as soon as it thaws, which we don’t want! Canned fruit can work in a crunch, just make sure you drain it very well.
Yes! If I am not serving this fruit salad at a potluck or party and am just making it for us to snack on throughout the week, then I will typically cut this recipe in half as it does make a lot.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this honey lime rainbow fruit salad recipe and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 lb. fresh pineapple, chopped about 1 regular-sized pineapple
- 12 oz. fresh strawberries, chopped
- 12 oz. fresh blueberries
- 12 oz. red grapes, chopped
- 5 clementines, peeled or 3 mandarin oranges
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey (84g)
- 2 tsp lime zest more if desired
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Chop all the fruit and add to a large mixing bowl. Make sure to dry very well first!*
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour the honey lime dressing over the fruit and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a pretty serving bowl for serving, sprinkle with more lime zest if desired and enjoy!
Quick, easy, and super delicious! Makes a lot so it is perfect for taking to summer bbqs!
We have been eating this as a side dish all week and it is SO YUMMY. It’s very fresh and stayed well in the fridge all week.