This Tomato Feta Cucumber Salad is the PERFECT spring and summer side dish! It’s low calorie, refreshing, and full of delicious Greek flavors!
I love bringing this Tomato Feta Cucumber Salad to any occasion in the spring and summer months. There is just nothing more refreshing than fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. And paired with feta cheese, crunchy red onions and the most delicious Greek marinade, you just can’t go wrong!
Besides the delicious flavor, I think we all can appreciate that this side dish is so simple and quick to throw together. The only work is washing and dicing the veggies. Then, you just mix the dressing and pour it over when you’re ready to serve. Quick, easy, healthy, delicious!
This salad would be delicious to bring to a cookout to eat alongside some burgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken. It would also be perfect for a savory brunch paired with my Ham and Cheese Quiche or a fabulous side dish for a Greek inspired meal, like with my Greek Chicken Bites. However you shake it, this is one for the recipe box and one you’ll go back to again and again!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOMATO FETA CUCUMBER SALAD
- It’s filled with simple, staple ingredients that make a bomb ass side dish!
- So much flavor from crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, crumbly feta cheese, and the most delicious Greek marinade.
- Takes just 15 minutes to assemble!
- One serving is just 72 calories.
- Packed with loads of vitamins and nutrients from the veggies.
- THE PERFECT side dish for any spring or summer occasion!
- Cucumber – I used English cucumber.
- Tomato – I used multicolored cherry tomatoes.
- Red onion
- Feta – I used fat-free feta cheese.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Seasonings – Grab some salt, pepper, and Za’atar seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO FETA CUCUMBER SALAD
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Next, add the diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and fat-free feta to another bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing just before serving and enjoy!
SERVING & STORAGE SUGGESTIONS
Store your salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you wish to make it last longer, store the dressing separately from the salad and add it whenever you’re ready to eat. This way, the salad will last 4-5 days.
I highly recommend adding the dressing just before serving this salad for the most crisp and fresh presentation. Once salt touches cucumbers and tomatoes, they’ll start excreting liquid, making this recipe more juicy.
CAN I MAKE THIS SALAD AHEAD?
You can! Of course it’s going to be the most fresh with the most beautiful presentation when you make it the same day you’re serving, but you can keep it for a couple of days in the fridge and drain any juices when you’re ready to serve. Instead of prepping the whole salad in advance, I like to partially prep this tomato feta cucumber salad when I know we’re going to be eating it! Here’s how I do that:
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl (can be a small bowl or the bowl you plan on mixing everything together in)
- Thinly slice the onion and add to the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a day in advance.
The onions will stay crunchy and doing it this way may even help lessen some of the onion’s bite. To assemble the salad, all you have to do is chop the cilantro and slice the cucumbers and tomatoes. Then just toss it (along with the feta) with the onions and dressing! I would recommend refrigerating it all together for at least a little while in the fridge, even if that just means 15 minutes. This helps all the flavors come together!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Tomato Feta Cucumber Salad and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!