This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
I love bringing this Tomato Feta Cucumber Salad to any occasion in the spring and summer months. There is just nothing more refreshing than fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. And paired with feta cheese, crunchy red onions and the most delicious Greek marinade, you just can’t go wrong!
Besides the delicious flavor, I think we all can appreciate that this side dish is so simple and quick to throw together. The only work is washing and dicing the veggies. Then, you just mix the dressing and pour it over when you’re ready to serve. Quick, easy, healthy, delicious!
This salad would be delicious to bring to a cookout to eat alongside some turkey burgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken. It would also be perfect for a savory brunch paired with my Ham and Cheese Quiche or a fabulous side dish for a Greek inspired meal, like with my Chicken Gyros.
However you shake it, this is one for the recipe box and one you’ll go back to again and again!
Why You’ll Love This Tomato Feta Cucumber Salad
- It’s filled with simple, staple ingredients that make a bomb ass side dish!
- So much flavor from crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, crumbly feta cheese, and the most delicious Greek marinade.
- Takes just 15 minutes to assemble!
- One serving is just 72 calories.
- Packed with loads of vitamins and nutrients from the veggies.
- THE PERFECT side dish for any spring or summer occasion!
- Cucumber – I used English cucumber.
- Tomato – I used multicolored cherry tomatoes.
- Red onion
- Feta – I used fat-free feta cheese.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Seasonings – Grab some salt, pepper, and Za’atar seasoning.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Next, add the diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and fat-free feta to another bowl. Toss to combine. Add the dressing just before serving and enjoy!
Store your salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you wish to make it last longer, store the dressing separately from the salad and add it whenever you’re ready to eat. This way, the salad will last 4-5 days.
I highly recommend adding the dressing just before serving this salad for the most crisp and fresh presentation. Once salt touches cucumbers and tomatoes, they’ll start excreting liquid, making this recipe more juicy.
Make Ahead Of Time!
This salad is going to be the most fresh with the most beautiful presentation when you make it the same day you’re serving, but you can keep it for a couple of days in the fridge and drain any juices when you’re ready to serve. Instead of prepping the whole salad in advance, I like to partially prep this tomato feta cucumber salad when I know we’re going to be eating it! Here’s how I do that:
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl (can be a small bowl or the bowl you plan on mixing everything together in).
- Thinly slice the onion and add to the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a day in advance.
The onions will stay crunchy and doing it this way may even help lessen some of the onion’s bite. To assemble the salad, all you have to do is chop the cilantro and slice the cucumbers and tomatoes. Then just toss it (along with the feta) with the onions and dressing! I would recommend refrigerating it all together for at least a little while in the fridge, even if that just means 15 minutes. This helps all the flavors come together!
Can I prepare this salad in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this salad in advance. I do this it taste best (and freshest) when prepared the day of, but if you need to prep in advance or want to make for meal prep you can.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes! This salad is super easy to make vegan. Just use a plant-based cheese (or omit).
What’s the best type of cucumber to use for this recipe?
I personally like using an English cucumber for this recipe. English cucumbers typically have less seeds and are a bit sweeter. But any type of cucumber will work fine for this recipe!
- 1 large english cucumber (370g) diced
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes (445g) multicolored, quartered
- 1/2 red onion (120g) sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 6 oz. fat free feta cheese (170g) crumbled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (15g)
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (15g)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15g)
- 1 Tbsp water (15g)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (10g)
- 1/2 Tbsp za’atar seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- To a large bowl, add the diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and fat free feta. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing just before serving for the most crisp and fresh presentation. Once salt touches cucumbers and tomatoes, they get excrete liquid, making this recipe more juicy. Will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Vegetable chopper optional
- Add the dressing just before serving for the most crisp and fresh presentation. Once salt touches cucumbers and tomatoes, they get excrete liquid, making this recipe more juicy.
- Will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- If you wish to make this side dish last longer, you can store the dressing separate from the salad and just add it whenever you’re ready to eat to make it last 4-5 days.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.