This Healthy Ham and Cheese Quiche tastes like it came straight from the bakery! Fluffy eggs, a flaky crust, and hearty ham and cheese taste so delicious. It also holds up well in the fridge, making it great for meal prep!
I LOVE getting breakfast at a bakery in the early morning. The warm bread, coffee, fresh pastries, and breakfast meat smell so divine and make my mouth water with anticipation! And while there’s nothing wrong with grabbing an egg sandwich to go, sometimes when I’m feeling a little fancy, I grab a slice of delicious quiche. And let me tell you, it never disappoints!
Unfortunately, breakfast at the bakery isn’t a daily option. 😂 So I decided to make my own quiche that would be healthier and just as delicious!
This Healthy Ham and Cheese Quiche is significantly lighter than your traditional quiche! I still used eggs, but replaced some of those eggs with egg whites. I also used 1% evaporated milk instead of heavy cream or half and half like most recipes require. Lastly, still used cheese (of course!), but added a little less than a traditional quiche would have. But don’t worry! You won’t notice at all. It’ll taste just like the bakery! 😉
Make this healthy ham quiche for weekend breakfast with the family or brunch with your girlfriends. It’s also amazing for meal prep because it holds up so well! I find that the flavors develop even more as the days pass. The whole family will love it and ask for it on repeat!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE
- Tastes like it came straight from a bakery!
- A crowd favorite the whole family will love.
- Filled with fresh, hearty, and cheesy flavors.
- Much lighter than your traditional quiche! Lower in fat and calories.
- Holds up well in the fridge = great for meal prep!
- Pie crust – I kept it easy and used a frozen Pillsbury pie crust.
- Egg whites – I cut some of the eggs with egg whites to make this quiche a little lighter.
- Evaporated milk – I used 1% milk fat, you can use any type of milk. Just make sure it’s plain.
- Seasoning – We’ll use Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Ham – I love the hearty meaty flavor in each bite!
- Cheese – I used a mixture of sharp cheddar for bold flavor and mozzarella for creaminess.
- Fresh herbs – This brings so much flavor to the quiche! If you must, you can replace with dried herbs instead.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Gently transfer the pie crust to a pie dish.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and set to medium-high heat. Add diced onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft and translucent. Then, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until lightly beaten. Then, whisk in the egg whites, milk, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. You can add more or less salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the sautéed onions, ham, cheese, and fresh herbs.
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 37 to 45 minutes, or until set along the edges and only slightly jiggly in the center. Top with more fresh herbs to serve.
HOW LONG DOES QUCIHE LAST?
To maximize the life of your Ham and Cheese Quiche, wrap the quiche dish well in saran wrap and store in the fridge. You can also divide into portions and store in containers or wrap in aluminum foil. It will last in the fridge for 1 week.
If you want to freeze the entire quiche, wrap air tight with saran wrap. The quiche will keep in the freezer for 4 months.
To freeze individual slices for grab and go meal prep, cut quiche into pieces and wrap tightly in aluminum foil or parchment paper. Store in an airtight Ziploc bag.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS HEALTHY HAM QUICHE
You can, but the fresh herbs taste so good that I highly recommend you use them! If you must use dried, you only need 2 tsp.
Nope! Just make sure it’s a deep dish pie crust. I used the frozen one for convenience, but it’s actually pretty comparable in nutrition to a homemade pie crust.
Totally. For a lower carb and slightly lower fat option, go for it!
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFASTS
- HEALTHY SAUSAGE GRAVY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- BLUEBERRY SAUSAGE PANCAKE BREAKFAST BAKE
- HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE
- EGG WHITE AND SPINACH BREAKFAST CRUNCHWRAPS
- MAKE AHEAD FREEZER BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this healthy ham and cheese quiche and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!