This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Meal prep breakfast has never been easier! These Sun Dried Tomato Egg Bites are the perfect way to start your day and couldn’t be easier to make!
The best part is they’re prepped and ready to bake in just 5 minutes and they freeze great! You can easily make a double or triple batch and have them ready to go whenever you need a quick bite.
Plus, not only are these egg cups easy to make but they have a ton of flavor! The creamy mozzarella cheese pairs so well with the flavorful sundried tomatoes!
I love using a combination of eggs and egg whites in these bites to keep the protein up, fat lower but still get all the awesome health benefits of eggs! Feel free to also add an extra handful of spinach or your favorite veggie to make them even more tasty and nutritious!
If I’m eating these egg bites on-the-go, I’ll pair them with my new Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Bites for the ultimate car-friendly breakfast!
Why You’ll Love These Sun Dried Tomato Egg Bites
- Perfect for breakfast meal prep or Sunday brunch!
- An easy, healthy grab and go breakfast option for busy mornings!
- Low carb, high protein! Over 7 grams of protein per bite!
- Pairs great with all your breakfast favorites! Toast, pancakes, fruit, you name it!
- Great for prepping in advance and they’re freezer friendly!
- Cheese – I used mozzarella cheese. Use your favorite!
- Sun dried tomatoes – I used julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes.
- Egg whites
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk. Any milk of choice works!
- Seasoning: Ranch seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Different cheese! Sub the mozzarella for feta cheese or goat cheese!
- Extra veggies! Add an handful of fresh baby spinach spinach, bell pepper or chopped broccoli for extra veggies and fiber!
- Fresh herbs! Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs like fresh basil to really take the flavor to the next level!
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Add the sun dried tomatoes and cheese evenly amongst the muffin cavities. Toss the mixture around some with your fingers to help evenly distribute.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, ranch seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
3. Fill each 7/8 of the way full with the egg mixture, pouring over the sun dried tomatoes and cheese already in each tin.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top. Let cool for 10 minutes (they will also deflate during this time), then remove and enjoy!
For additional protein add cottage cheese to your egg mixture! I promise you can’t taste it and it gives these egg muffin cups even more volume!
To make these with all eggs instead: omit egg whites and just use 10 large whole eggs.
To make these with all egg whites instead: omit eggs and just use 2 cups egg whites.
Can I freeze these egg bites?
Yes! For best results, let cool completely then store in a freezer-safe bag or air-tight container. They’ll stay good for up to 3 months.
Can I make these with all egg whites instead?
Yes, if you prefer to make these with all egg whites just omit the eggs and use 2 cups egg whites. You can also omit the egg whites and use 10 large eggs.
What should I serve with this sundried tomato breakfast egg muffin recipe?
These egg breakfast muffins can be served with anything you like! I love pairing them with toast or a bagel, fresh fruit, yogurt, french toast sticks, etc. Seriously, they’re good with just about anything and can also be enjoyed for lunch or as an afternoon snack!
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (84g)
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (80g) julienne cut
- 1.5 cup egg whites (360g)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (30g) or milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and cheese evenly amongst the muffin cavities. Toss the mixture around some with your fingers to help evenly distribute.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, ranch seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Fill each 7/8 of the way full with the egg mixture, pouring over the sun dried tomatoes and cheese already in each tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes (they will also deflate during this time), then remove and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.