Bacon and Cheddar Egg Bites are made with simple ingredients and are perfect for busy mornings, especially with kids! Enjoy them as they are for a low carb meal or pair with your favorite toast or fruit for something more balanced.
Ready for a healthy and balanced breakfast that’s great for those grab-and-go mornings? These Bacon and Cheddar Egg Bites are made with simple ingredients and take just 5 minutes to prep! And they’re a surefire way to ensure everyone is happy.
To make these egg bites, all you have to do is add all the ingredients to a muffin tin and bake. They’re low in calories and low in carbs, and there’s so many ways to switch them up based on your nutrition needs and taste preferences!
Enjoy your egg bites as they are for a low carb breakfast or add some toast, fruit, or oats on the side to make a more balanced meal.
They’re totally delicious!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE BACON AND CHEDDAR EGG BITES
- Perfect for meal prep!
- An easy, healthy grab and go breakfast option.
- Packed with protein and low calorie!
- So many different flavor variations you can try!
- Super macro-friendly because you get to decide what you serve them with.
- They’re even freezer friendly!
- Egg whites – can sub with egg beaters or more eggs
- Milk – I used plain unsweetened almond. Use any kind of milk here.
- Bacon – I used Hormel Black Label Real Bacon Crumbles to keep it easy but you can most definitely make your own to throw in.
- Cheese – I used shredded cheddar cheese. Use your favorite!
- Seasoning – I used ranch seasoning mix. Pairs so well! Can sub with something else if desired.
- Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE BACON AND CHEDDAR EGG BITES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add the bacon and cheese evenly amongst the muffin cavities.** Toss the mixture around with your fingers to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, almond milk, ranch seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Fill each muffin to the top with the egg mixture, pouring over the bacon and cheese already in each tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the tin.
**For exact macros, add 7g of both the bacon crumbles and shredded cheese to each muffin cavity.
MORE FUN COMBINATIONS TO TRY
- Roasted red pepper – Add roasted red pepper, feta cheese, and spinach!
- Ham & cheese – These taste so good with diced ham, cheese of choice, and green onions.
- Pepperoni pizza – So kid friendly! All you need is mozzarella and diced pepperoni pieces.
The possibilities really are endless! Use the variations listed or get creative with your own flavor variations!
EGG BITE FAQ
They are THE BEST for meal prep! You can make them over the weekend and enjoy all week long until they’re gone. If you have a lot of kiddos to feed, I recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe if you want to make ahead of time for the convenience of grab and go!
You sure can! I would store in a freezer safe gallon sized bag and pop in the freezer. They’ll stay good for up to 3 months.
You can enjoy them on their own for a low carb meal. If you want something more balanced, pair with toast, fruit, or some oatmeal!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Bacon and Cheddar Egg Bites and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!