These super quick and easy High Protein Breakfast Tacos will become your new favorite way to start the day! Fluffy eggs, melty cheese, and protein-packed sausage all wrapped in a warm tortilla, it seriously makes the best breakfast!!
Macro-balanced, customizable, and full of flavor, these healthy breakfast tacos are the perfect breakfast for busy mornings! Or any day of the week really!! They are seriously one of the most delicious, easy breakfasts you will make!
This breakfast tacos recipe is a great make ahead breakfast for days where you’re in the mood for something savory and more hearty. Make these ahead of time in just 10 minutes! 10 MINUTES, FRIENDS!! Then, pop them in the fridge for a week of easy breakfasts, or you can even freeze them to pull out when you need a quick and healthy breakfast!
This high-protein breakfast taco recipe is SO customizable depending on your preferences and nutrient goals. Please feel free to get creative and make it your own here!
If you are gluten free, use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. If you want to make these easy breakfast tacos dairy free, use dairy free cheese instead of regular cheese.
Prefer bacon over sausage? Sub the sausage for come crispy bacon. To make it vegetarian, omit the sausage or swap it out with some firm tofu or beans! Throw in some fresh spinach or kale for an extra punch of healthy veggies!
The possibilities are endless! Either way these healthy breakfast sandwiches are a great option for breakfast that the whole family will love!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST TACOS
- A great meal prep recipe- super easy to prepare in a large batch!
- Simple, healthy ingredients, and just takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- Freezer-friendly! Pull these breakfast burritos out of the freezer when you need a quick and healthy breakfast!
- Best way to enjoy a hot grab-and-go breakfast
- Much more cost effective than fast food.
- Protein packed + macro balanced!
- Hearty breakfast option that leaves you feeling satisfied.
- Tortillas– I used Mission carb balance flour tortillas.
- Sausage– I used turkey sausage.
- Onion- I used a yellow onion. You could also you white or red onions here- use your favorite!
- Egg Whites
- Cheese– I used shredded 2% cheddar cheese.
- Seasonings– Grab some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE AND CHEESE BREAKFAST TACOS
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. (You can also use olive oil). Add the onions and sausage and saute for a minute or two.
- On medium heat, whisk in the eggs, egg whites, seasonings, salt and pepper. Stir frequently until eggs are cooked. Then fold in the shredded cheese at the end. Taste and add more salt or seasonings to taste.
- Add 1/8 of the egg mixture (105g) to each tortilla. Serve with favorite salsa, pico de gallo, guac, greek yogurt, sour cream, or any other favorite sauces!
HOW TO STORE HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST TACOS
Wrap each tortilla individually in heavy-duty aluminum foil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe zip lock bag. Remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for up to 1 month. Refrigerate for up to a week.
SWITCH IT UP!
- Switch out the tortilla: Sub the tortilla for a biscuit, toast, bagel, or English muffin!
- Sweet potatoes: Skip the tortillas all together? Try servings the sausage and egg mixture over sweet potatoes!
- Give it a kick: Add a little extra flavor and spice! Throw in some bell pepper or a little bit of jalapeño pepper for a little extra kick!
- Make it vegetarian: Try subbing some tofu or beans (refried beans, black beans, and pinto beans would all work great!) for the sausage!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these High Protein Breakfast tacos and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!