This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
This easy recipe is truly one of my favorites. It’s sweet, creamy and just SO GOOD. While sometimes known as cherry angel salad, cherry dump cake, or cherry ambrosia salad this classic recipe is one that never disappoints.
This Cherry Fluff Salad recipe is lightened up and made a little healthier. Although it definitely doesn’t taste that way! Made with sugar free pudding, light cool whip, lower sugar cherry filling, it keeps the sugar and calories a little lower. But doesn’t sacrifice on flavor one bit!
It truly has the most delicious traditional cherry pie flavor vibes. And as an added bonus it has the most beautiful pink color.
This cool whip cherry salad is popular during the summer months but it’s good anytime of the year! Perfect for a family reunion, Fourth of July, a side at Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, seriously any occasion. I swear it goes with just about everything!
But the best part – this cherry fluff is the perfect make-ahead recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes to mix up. Then all you need to do is refrigerate it for a bit until you are ready to eat it. It actually tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had time to come together!
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe
- Just 5 ingredients – all that can be found at your local grocery store.
- 5 minutes to whip up – simple recipe, great dessert when you need something last minute.
- A classic favorite lightened up with fewer calories and sugar!
- Perfect no bake summer side or dessert, but we love this stuff ANY time of year!
- An easy go-to recipe to have in your back pocket for last minute guests or family gatherings!
- Easy to make gluten and dairy free!
- Cherry filling – I used one with no added sugar, but any cherry pie filling works.
- Pineapple – I used crushed pineapple tidbits. You could also use pineapple chunks. I’d recommend chopping them up a little bit.
- Vanilla pudding mix – I used sugar free but regular would work fine too. If dairy-free or vegan, use a dairy-free brand, like Simply Delish.
- Cool Whip – I used light Cool Whip. Whipped cream would also work here. To make dairy free/vegan, use a non-dairy whipped topping.
- Marshmallows – I used mini marshmallows. If vegan, use a vegan-friendly variety.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Drain the pineapple well and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add cherry pie filling and pudding mix.
3. Mix until combined.
4. To the same large bowl stir in the cool whip and mix until combined.
5. Then fold in the mini marshmallows.
6. Chill for at least 1 hour then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Store leftover cherry fluff dessert salad an airtight container or with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before serving!
Can I use fresh cherries?
I do love the cherry pie filling for this recipe but you can definitely use fresh cherries if you wanted. They are a lot more tart, so you’ll just need to make them sweeter. To do this, remove the pit from the cherries and roughly chop the cherries. Mix in 1/2 cup sugar (or zero calorie granular sweetener), then add in like normal.
Can you some something else besides cherry filling?
You can! You could make this into many different varieties of fluff recipes. Strawberry pie filling or apple filling would also be delicious. Even blueberry, or you can use any fruit and mix with sugar as stated above.
Can you make this cherry dump salad gluten and dairy free?
You sure can! This recipe this gluten free written, just be sure your pie filling, marshmallows, and pudding mix are gluten free varieties. To make this recipe dairy free, try using a non-dairy whipped topping and non-dairy pudding mix, like Simply delish.
Can I make this salad vegan?
Yes, to make vegan, use a non-dairy whipped topping, non-dairy pudding mix (like Simply Delish) and vegan marshmallows.
More Easy No Bake Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 20-oz. can cherry filling – I used no added sugar
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 1 1-oz. pack sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 8-oz. tub light cool whip
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows (68g)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Drain the pineapple and add to a large bowl. Mix in the cherry pie filling and pudding mix.
- Stir in the cool whip until combined then fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Chill for at least 1 hour then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.