This Cherry Fluff Salad recipe just requires 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up! It’s a fun twist on cherry pie and makes a great side dish or no bake dessert. It’s lightened up and lower in sugar and carbs than traditional fluff but you would never know. Everyone always LOVES this stuff!
This easy recipe is truly one of my favorites. It’s sweet, creamy and just SO GOOD. While sometimes known as cherry angel salad, cherry dump cake, or cherry ambrosia salad this classic recipe is one that never disappoints.
You know those tried and true vintage recipes that you find in one of your mom or grandma’s old cookbooks? This is one of those! And it’s SUCH a good one, friends!
This Cherry Fluff Salad recipe is lightened up and made a little healthier. Although it definitely doesn’t taste that way! Made with sugar free pudding, light cool whip, lower sugar cherry filling, it keeps the sugar and calories a little lower. But doesn’t sacrifice on flavor one bit!
It truly has the most delicious traditional cherry pie flavor vibes. And as an added bonus it has the most beautiful pink color.
This cool whip cherry salad is popular during the summer months but it’s good anytime of the year! Perfect for a family reunion, weekend potluck, casual family dinner on a hot summer night, Fourth of July, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s day dessert, a side at Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, seriously any occasion. I swear it goes with just about everything!
But the best part – this cherry fluff is the perfect make-ahead recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes to mix up. Then all you need to do is refrigerate it for a bit until you are ready to eat it. It actually tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had time to come together!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHERRY FLUFF SALAD RECIPE
- Just 5 ingredients – all that can be found at your local grocery store.
- 5 minutes to whip up – simple recipe, great dessert when you need something last minute.
- A classic favorite lightened up with fewer calories and sugar!
- Perfect no bake summer side or dessert, but we love this stuff ANY time of year!
- An easy go-to recipe to have in your back pocket for last minute guests or family gatherings!
- Easy to make gluten and dairy free!
- Cherry filling – I used one with no added sugar, but any cherry pie filling works.
- Pineapple – I used crushed pineapple tidbits. You could also use pineapple chunks. I’d recommend chopping them up a little bit.
- Vanilla pudding mix – I used sugar free but regular would work fine too. If dairy-free or vegan, use a dairy-free brand, like Simply Delish.
- Cool Whip – I used light Cool Whip. Whipped cream would also work here. To make dairy free/vegan, use a non-dairy whipped topping.
- Marshmallows – I used mini marshmallows. If vegan, use a vegan-friendly variety.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHERRY FLUFF SALAD RECIPE
- Drain the pineapple well and add to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cherry pie filling and pudding mix.
- To the same large bowl, stir in the cool whip until combined, then fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Chill for at least 1 hour then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
HOW TO STORE
Store leftover cherry fluff dessert salad an airtight container or with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before serving!
CHERRY FLUFF SALAD RECIPE: FAQ
I do love the cherry pie filling for this recipe but you can definitely use fresh cherries if you wanted. They are a lot more tart, so you’ll just need to make them sweeter. To do this, remove the pit from the cherries and roughly chop the cherries. Mix in 1/2 cup sugar (or zero calorie granular sweetener), then add in like normal.
You can! You could make this into many different varieties of fluff recipes. Strawberry pie filling or apple filling would also be delicious. Even blueberry, or you can use any fruit and mix with sugar as stated above.
You sure can! This recipe this gluten free written, just be sure your pie filling, marshmallows, and pudding mix are gluten free varieties. To make this recipe dairy free, try using a non-dairy whipped topping and non-dairy pudding mix, like Simply delish.
Yes, to make vegan, use a non-dairy whipped topping, non-dairy pudding mix (like Simply Delish) and vegan marshmallows.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this cherry fluff salad recipe and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!