This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
If there was a pie that screamed summer, this easy and fresh Strawberry Pie made with Jello would be it! It’s perfectly light and sweet and really hits the spot on a hot summer day. Couldn’t be more perfect!
This Strawberry Pie comes together so quickly thanks to the ore-made pie crust. Although, if you wish to make your own homemade pie crust, you can absolutely do that, too. It will still be super simple!
Top with some Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping if you’re feeling fancy and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie With Jello
- Requires just 7 ingredients including the Cool Whip topping!
- So easy and so quick to make.
- Perfectly light and fluffy!
- A great low calorie option at just 157 calories per slice.
- Best made in advance!
- Deep dish pie crust – I used a frozen Pillsbury one.
- Granulated sweetener – I used Swerve.
- Corn starch
- Strawberry gelatin mix – I used sugar-free Jello.
- Whipped topping – I used light Cool Whip.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. If you wish to bake your own pie crust, do that first. Otherwise, cook your pre-made crust for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F or according to package directions.
2. To medium saucepan, add the sweetener, cornstarch, water and Jello mix.
3. Cook over medium heat and stir frequently with a whisk until thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Then, stir in the strawberries. Allowing it to cool for 5 minutes or so helps keep the strawberries pretty!
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the pie has set before slicing. Before serving, top with Cool Whip! You can spread the Cool Whip across the whole top or serve each slice individually with a dollop!
The Pie Crust
I used a pre-made pie crust to save a good chunk of time making this recipe. But there are ton of different pie crust options you could use for this recipe, whether you want to do pre-made or make your own at home.
- Frozen pie crusts – I used Pillsbury deep dish.
- Grandma’s perfect homemade pie crust – like this recipe here.
- Graham cracker crust – store bought or homemade.
- Oatmeal pie crust – like this recipe here.
- Flaky pie crust – like this recipe here.
- Gluten-free pie crust – like this recipe here.
- Low carb pie crust – like this recipe here.
Can I bake my own pie crust?
Absolutely! I used a pre-made pie crust for convenience, but if you want to make your own, go ahead.
What should I pair with this Strawberry Pie?
I love topping it with Cool Whip or a homemade whipped topping. You could also serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Can I make this pie in advance?
Yes! I think it actually tastes better having set in the fridge overnight.
- 1 deep dish pie crust of choice I used a frozen Pillsbury one
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (96g) I used Swerve
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (24g)
- 1.5 cup water (360g)
- 1 0.6-oz. package sugar-free strawberry Jello Gelatin mix
- 2 cups freshly sliced strawberries (260g)
- 2 cups light Cool Whip or whipped topping for topping/serving*
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- If you wish to bake your pie crust, do that first. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F or according to package directions.
- To medium saucepan, add the sweetener, cornstarch, water and jello mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then stir in the strawberries. Allowing it to cool for 5 minutes or so helps keep the strawberries pretty.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until the pie has set before slicing.
- Before serving, top with Cool Whip! You can spread the Cool Whip across the whole top or serve each slice individually with a dollop!
- Sauce pan
- Pie dish
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.