This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for healthy comfort food during the upcoming colder months? This Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole is IT! Filled with hearty beef, grilled onions and cheese, this Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole comes together quickly and easily on a busy weeknight! Super cozy and no grill required!
About This Recipe
Who doesn’t love a big, juicy cheeseburger?! This delicious Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole packs ALL the flavors you expect in classic cheeseburger, but uses spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Much lower in calories, carbs, and fats, this casserole will quickly become your new favorite way to eat a cheeseburger! The perfect cozy dinner for these cold fall nights we’ve been having!
This such a fun switch up on classic cheeseburger! All the summer flavor vibes of a juicy grilled cheeseburger, but in casserole form! Not to mention, macro-friendly and doesn’t taste healthy for a second! The whole family will LOVE this one! It is an easy way to use of seasonal winter squash this fall season too!!
The perfect low-carb dish topped with ooey gooey cheese and all of your favorite burger toppings, serve this delicious simple skillet casserole up with a big side salad for a super quick dinner! This whole meal comes together in around 30 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- A quick and easy dinner for a busy weeknight.
- Creamy, beefy, cheesy, and SO cozy- the ultimate comfort food!
- Low carb, and much lower in fats, and calories than your typical burgers!
- Makes a great dish for meal prep for the week! (I think this dish tastes even better the next day!)
- Family friendly– who doens’t love a good cheeseburger?!
- Casseroles allow for so much customization! Make it your own! Add more veggies, toss in extra protein, use a different sauce or experiment with other cheese flavors. Takes just a few minutes to prep!
- Spaghetti Squash– For all the different ways to cook a spaghetti squash, check out this post: How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash (3 Ways!) in the Oven, Microwave and Air Fryer!
- Ground beef- I used 96/4 lean ground beef.
- Tomatoes– I used a can of diced tomatoes.
- Cream cheese– I used whipped cream cheese.
- Steak seasoning
- Cheese– I used shredded cheddar cheese.
To make dairy-free: use dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free shredded cheese.
For a vegan dish, turn this into a black bean burger spaghetti squash casserole! Simply substitute the ground beef with some crumbled up black bean burgers. You could also use a plant-based meat.
Ways To Switch It Up:
- Do up your serving of Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash Casserole just like you would your cheeseburger! Top with pickles, fresh tomato, or more shredded cheese. You can drizzle/dip in a little mustard or ketchup (I love G Hugh’s Sugar Free Ketchup and Heinz No Sugar Added Ketchup) You may also enjoy topping with light mayo, sour cream or my Skinny Special Sauce!
- Play with your favorite burger combos! Love a bacon cheeseburger? Add chopped bacon. Go nuts for caramelized onions? Add some on top! Big buffalo fan? Drizzle/dip and add some bleu cheese crumbles.
- Substitute a different meat. Sub the beef ground turkey, or for a flavor twist, try making this dish with BBQ pork. Check out my Pork Carnitas recipe and add some BBQ sauce!
How To Make
Store this casserole in an airtight container or meal prep containers and it be good for up to one week in the fridge.
How do I cook the spaghetti squash?
For all the different ways to cook a spaghetti squash, check out this post: How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash (3 Ways!) in the Oven, Microwave and Air Fryer!
Does this work well for meal prep?
Yes! Make a big batch and eat it all week! Store this casserole in an airtight container or meal prep containers and it be good for up to one week in the fridge.
Can I make this vegan?
Yes! Simply substitute the ground beef with some crumbled up black bean burgers. You could also use a plant-based meat.
More Cozy Family-Friendly Dinner Recipes To Try
- 1 large spaghetti squash (750g) cooked and shredded
- 1 medium yellow onion (220g) diced
- 8- oz. mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 lb. 96/4 ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 4- oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (112g) softened
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (112g) divided
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid and add veggies to a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook on medium heat until brown, breaking into pieces as you go. Drain.
- To the large bowl with the veggies, add the cooked beef, tomatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (56g), salt and steak seasoning. Mix well to combine.
- Then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.