These Pork Carnitas are incredibly juicy, tender, and oh so mouth watering. They’ll make the most delicious sandwiches, tacos, burritos, and so much more! And they’re a perfect protein to make and enjoy all week. Just add a few simple ingredients to your Crockpot and broil!
Let’s take a trip to Mexico without leaving the kitchen! 😉
Carnitas, which actually means “little meats,” are a Mexican cuisine staple. And these Crispy Pork Carnitas are incredibly juicy, tender, and oh so crispy. They’re a perfect protein to make and enjoy all week, and all you have to do is add a few simple ingredients to your Crockpot and broil at the end. It’ll be a recipe you turn to countless times again!
Add this delicious shredded pork to a sandwich or to top a salad, stuff it in some warm tacos, or enjoy with rice and veggies in a bowl. With so many ways to enjoy, you’ll never get bored!
While the Crockpot does alllll of the work, put your feet up and sip your drink like you’re actually lounging beach or poolside in Mexico!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CARNITAS
- They’re so easy to make! The Crockpot does all the work.
- Tender, juicy flavorful pork with perfectly broiled ends! Tastes like the real dang deal 😋
- Perfect for meal prep! If you do anything for meal prep, prepare some protein you can easily use throughout the week! These carnitas are a great, simple option.
- Low in carbs and fat and protein packed.
- So versatile! Use these carnitas in tacos, burritos, bowls, salads, sandwiches and more!
CRISPY PORK CARNITAS INGREDIENTS
- Pork tenderloin – You can also use pork shoulder or butt. I used the tenderloin to keep the fat lower.
- Orange – The fresh, sugary juices help pack the carnitas with incredible flavor and crisp them up!
- Lime – For more dimension of flavor and tang.
- Spices – I used salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cilantro – Make these carnitas taste so fresh!
HOW TO MAKE THESE CARNITAS
Sit back, relax, and let the Crockpot do most of the work! 😉 Then, finish your carnitas off in the oven to get that classic, crispy texture.
- Crockpot: Add pork tenderloin to the Crockpot with orange juice, lime juice, and spices. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Pork should be easily fall apart when finished. Use two forks to shred pork. (Or your Kitchen Aide!) Adjust seasoning level if desired and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Broil: Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Transfer shredded pork to sheet and spread out well. Leave any juices in the crock-pot and broil for 5 minutes, or until it starts to get crispy on the ends.
- Finish it off: Add pork back to the Crockpot and toss with remaining cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in fresh cilantro and eat up!
HOW TO EAT
- Make a sandwich! Add this juicy meat to a hamburger bun or potato roll and top with some fresh slaw and pickled red onion.
- Fill up a bowl. Use whatever you like! Rice, cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes, grilled fajita veggies, shredded cheese, pico de gallo. So yummy!
- Toss in a salad. For lighter fare, top a big bowl of greens (I love romaine) with carnitas, red onions, fajita veggies, and dressing of your choice.
- Stuff some tacos! Scoop those carnitas into a taco or soft tortilla! Top with sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and salsa!
MORE MEAL PREP PROTEIN
If you do anything for meal prep, prepare some protein you can easily use throughout the week! Here are some of my favorite options:
- GROUND TURKEY TACO MEAT
- CROCKPOT SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
- MEAL PREP CHEESEBURGER BOWLS