Air Fryer Green Beans are a game changer! They’re ridiculously easy to prepare and a delicious, low calorie side dish. Legit, the easiest, most tastiest green bean recipe ever. We make these EVERY week.
Eating your veggies can be hard, but it’s important to find ways to incorporate them into your diet to live a healthy lifestyle. And you have no excuses when these Air Fryer Green Beans are this easy to make! Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, folic acid, and fiber, all of which keep your body healthy. They’re also just a great go-to veggie because you can find them all year round and they literally go with just about EVERYTHING!
These Air Fryer Green Beans are also great for those who struggle to come up with quick and simple healthy side dishes. This recipe is so simple to make, even on your busiest nights—especially when you buy them already trimmed and washed. All you have to do is toss them in oil and seasoning and air fry!
And if you think there’s no way air fried green beans can be this good, let me stop you right there. They are DELICIOUS. The secret? Oil and seasonings. That’s it. This recipe calls for just salt, pepper and garlic powder. But there are so many different ways to flavor them up depending on what you’re in the mood for!
From quick weeknight dinners to Sunday lunch, Easter, and even a summer BBQ, everybody will love them.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS
- Fast and easy side dish that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
- No oven required.
- Easy to change up the flavor so you never get bored!
- Garlicy, tender and moist with the perfect charred crunch!
- The perfect side from everything from a BBQ to Easter, Sunday lunch, and a quick weeknight dinner.
- Green beans – I like to buy these already trimmed and washed for convenience.
- Olive oil – We need to use a little bit of oil so the green beans don’t dehydrate in the air fryer.
- Seasonings – We’ll be using garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry green beans. Then, add to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss around to evenly coat. Then, add to the air fryer basket.
- Cook the green beans for 8 minutes, tossing halfway though.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
MORE WAYS TO SEASON YOUR GREEN BEANS
Spicy green beans – Add crushed red pepper flakes to give these a little kick! For even more spice, sprinkle the green beans with cayenne pepper or some chili powder. You can also drizzle them with sriracha before serving.
Cheesy green beans – Add some crumbled feta or goat cheese. You can also use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Bacon ranch green beans – Season your veggie with ranch seasoning mix and crumble up some crispy bacon pieces for a side dish no one can resist!
Classic lemon herb flavor! – Adding freshly chopped parsley or oregano and the zest of one lemon will make these green beans fresh and bright.
TIME SAVING TIP
I like to buy already prepared green beans from the produce section to make this ridiculously easy recipe even easier. These green beans are already washed, trimmed, and ready to go. I don’t even cut them up! I just toss them in olive oil and the seasonings and cook.
AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS FAQ
I would not recommend using anything but fresh green beans for this recipe. Both frozen and canned green beans would become soggy and mushy if cooked this way.
I tried to air fry green beans without oil, but they essentially dehydrated. The result was edible but not really great. Tossing the green beans in oil locks in their moisture.
You absolutely can! Simply prep the green beans as directed, then spread them in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and cook at 425ºF for 12-15 minutes.
They reheat just perfect in the microwave! But if you wish to elevate that charred taste more, you can throw them back in the air fryer!
MORE SIDE DISHES YOU’LL LOVE
- GINGER MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED POTATOES (HEALTHY + LOW FAT)
- LOW CARB BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP
- HEALTHY MEXICAN MAC AND CHEESE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Air Fryer Green Beans and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!