This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Eating your veggies can be hard, but it’s important to find ways to incorporate them into your diet to live a healthy lifestyle. And you have no excuses when these Air Fryer Green Beans are this easy to make!
Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, folic acid, and fiber, all of which keep your body healthy. They’re also just a great go-to veggie because you can find them all year round and they literally go with just about EVERYTHING!
This recipe is so simple to make, even on your busiest nights—especially when you buy them already trimmed and washed. All you have to do is toss them in oil and seasoning and air fry!
And if you think there’s no way air fried green beans can be this good, let me stop you right there. They are DELICIOUS. The secret? Oil and seasonings. That’s it. This recipe calls for just salt, pepper and garlic powder.
But there are so many different ways to flavor them up depending on what you’re in the mood for!
From quick weeknight dinners to Sunday lunch, Easter, and even a summer BBQ, everybody will love them.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Green Beans
- Fast and easy side dish that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
- No oven required.
- Easy to change up the flavor so you never get bored!
- Garlicy, tender and moist with the perfect charred crunch!
- The perfect side from everything from a BBQ to Easter, Sunday lunch, and a quick weeknight dinner.
- Green beans – I like to buy these already trimmed and washed for convenience.
- Olive oil – We need to use a little bit of oil so the green beans don’t dehydrate in the air fryer.
- Seasonings – We’ll be using garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spicy green beans – Add crushed red pepper flakes to give these a little kick! For even more spice, sprinkle the green beans with cayenne pepper or some chili powder. You can also drizzle them with sriracha before serving.
- Cheesy green beans – Add some crumbled feta or goat cheese. You can also use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Bacon ranch green beans – Season your veggie with ranch seasoning mix and crumble up some crispy bacon pieces for a side dish no one can resist!
- Classic lemon herb flavor! – Adding freshly chopped parsley or oregano and the zest of one lemon will make these green beans fresh and bright.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F. Wash and dry green beans. Then, add to a bowl.
2. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss around to evenly coat.
3. Then, add to the air fryer basket.
4. Cook the green beans for 8 minutes, tossing halfway though. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Store green beans in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
These green beans reheat just perfect in the microwave! But if you wish to elevate that charred taste more, you can throw them back in the air fryer!
Time Saving Tip!
I like to buy already prepared green beans from the produce section to make this ridiculously easy recipe even easier. These green beans are already washed, trimmed, and ready to go. I don’t even cut them up! I just toss them in olive oil and the seasonings and cook.
Can I use frozen or canned green beans for this recipe?
I would not recommend using anything but fresh green beans for this recipe. Both frozen and canned green beans would become soggy and mushy if cooked this way.
Do I need to use oil?
I tried to air fry green beans without oil, but they essentially dehydrated. The result was edible but not really great. Tossing the green beans in oil locks in their moisture.
Can you make this green bean recipe without an air fryer?
You absolutely can! Simply prep the green beans as directed, then spread them in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and cook at 425ºF for 12-15 minutes.
How do I reheat these green beans?
They reheat just perfect in the microwave! But if you wish to elevate that charred taste more, you can throw them back in the air fryer!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (15g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper or to taste
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry green beans well then add to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss around to evenly coat, then add to the air fryer basket.
- Cook the green beans for 8 minutes, tossing halfway though.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- Spicy – add crushed red pepper flakes to give these a little kick! For even more of a kick, sprinkle with cayenne pepper or some chili powder or drizzle with sriracha before serving.
- Cheesy – add some crumbled feta, goat cheese or freshly grated parmesan.
- Bacon ranch – season with ranch seasoning mix and crumble up some crispy bacon pieces for a green bean version no one can resist.
- Lemon herb – for loads of fresh flavor add freshly chopped parsley or oregano and the zest of one lemon after cooking/ before serving.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.