Every bite of this Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread tastes just like a fudgy brownie. It’s the ultimate chocolatey snack—and you’d never know it’s lightened up!
Attention all chocolate lovers! I have a special recipe for you. 😋 This fudgy chocolate flavor and moist melt in your mouth texture of this rich Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is going to drive you absolutely insane, but in the best way possible!
I have had some followers say that this chocolatey banana bread tastes like Starbucks brownies! Each slice is so rich, moist and fudgy. It’s SO GOOD!
The secret to making this banana bread so rich and chocolatey is using two types of cocoa powder: normal dark cocoa powder and Dutch black cocoa powder. Dutch black cocoa powder has been treated to neutralize its acidity, resulting in a smoother, less bitter taste. The two pair together to create a chocolate flavor that has more depth, and that paired with gooey melted chocolate chips will bring your taste buds straight to chocolate heaven!
I can never find black cocoa in the grocery store, so I order it online and have it shipped to my house. I recommend either Wincrest or HIIT Nutrition Jett Black Cocoa. And you can use my code Laurenfitfoodie to save some money on your purchase!
Grab a slice of this rich Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread whenever that chocolate craving strikes. I promise, just one bite will absolutely make your day!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- So RICH and FUDGY!
- You can eat chocolate for breakfast!
- This banana bread tastes just like a brownie. but it’s healthier.
- There’s less than 150 calories a slice.
- Such an easy recipe to make!
- Great to enjoy for the weekend or as a meal prep breakfast!
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour. For gluten-free bread use Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten-free Baking Flour.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener. Use any sweetener you like here.
- Dark cocoa powder
- Dutch Black cocoa powder – I recommend Wincrest off Amazon or HIIT Nutrition black cocoa powder (code Laurenfitfoodie)
- Baking essentials – You’ll need some vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder.
- Milk – I used almond milk. Any milk works.
- Pumpkin – This helps create the fudginess!
- Chocolate chips – I used Enjoy Life semi sweet mini chocolate chips. Any chips will work fine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch bread pan with cooking spray.
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour through salt) to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the bananas and mash with a fork. Then, add the rest of the wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla) and mix well.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are mixed in. You can also use a hand mixer for this.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter .I like to save a few for topping. 😉
- Then, pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle with any remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. We want the inside to be slightly gooey to achieve a beautiful moist texture.
HOW TO STORE
To maximize the shelf life of the banana bread, place it in a covered airtight container or cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- This bread will last at room temperature for 1-2 days.
- This bread will last in the fridge for 1 week.
- This bread will last in the freezer for 3-4 months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! This recipe makes delicious muffins or mini loaves. Adjust the baking time and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
Of course! The Dutch black cocoa gives this bread another depth of rich chocolate flavor, but it’s not required. The bread will still taste great if you only use one cocoa powder. Just substitute the same amount gram for gram.
I haven’t tried this, but I think it would work really well. Pumpkin and applesauce are generally interchangeable in baking.
Yes you can. Just use Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten-free Baking Flour. It’s the only flour I have found that results in a similar taste & consistency as normal flour!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this double chocolate chip banana bread and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!