The party just got a whole lot tastier with these White Chocolate Oreo Balls! Truly indulgent and a great way to sneak some protein in, these no-bake Oreo balls are incredibly RICH in Oreo and white chocolate flavor! And just 35 calories each!!!
Love the No Bake Oreo Balls but wanting to get a bit fancier? I gotchu. 😉
I am not lying when I say that these White Chocolate Oreo Protein Balls do not taste healthy for a second. TRULY. In fact, if you were to grab one of these as a party, you would think anything but that. They are so incredibly rich and flavorful! And so much of that has to do with the black cocoa powder.
The black cocoa is the secret weapon in this recipe. Black cocoa is different than normal cocoa powder and I can’t stress that enough! Normal cocoa powder will not work for this recipe. The black cocoa powder is THE reason these Oreo balls taste like Oreo’s! Black cocoa creates a cookies and cream like flavor when mixed with sweetener. And it is absolutely drool-worthy!
The other crucial ingredient in this recipe is coconut flour. Coconut flour is more absorbent than other flours, so we are able to use less of it to achieve the proper wet ingredient to dry ingredient ratio (hence the lower calories). I haven’t tried using another flour so I can’t say for certain, but if you want to sub it, you will likely have to use 2-4x the amount of flour since coconut flour IS that much more absorbent.
Another awesome thing about this recipe? The Oreo balls freeze GREAT! They are one of my favorite desserts to have stored in the freezer when the chocolate cravings hit. Because when are you not in the mood for Oreo’s!?
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE OREO BALLS
- They are No-Bake! So you can save your oven open for something else.
- Easy to whip up – just mix everything together and roll into balls 🙌🏼
- They freeze GREAT!
- ONLY 35 CALORIES EACH!
- Not only are they low calorie, but they are low in carbs and fat and high in protein!
- They taste so incredibly indulgent!!!
- Protein Powder – I used PEScience protein powder. It blends so well in all recipes and this one is no exception! Zero protein powder or chalky-like taste – just smooth texture and delicious flavor! If you need to sub, make sure it is one you know tastes well in dessert recipes. For all Pescience products, you can use code LaurenFitFoodie to save 10%.
- Coconut flour – along with the protein powder, this is what makes up the bulk of protein ball. Coconut flour has different absorbent properties than all other flours, so for that reason, I wouldn’t recommend subbing. If you have an allergy and you must, see below for my best tips for subbing.
- Black Dutch Cocoa Powder – this is different than normal cocoa!!! Read below for more information if you are unfamiliar with black cocoa. My go-to brands are Wincrest, Cocoa Trader or HIIT Nutrition.
- Canned pumpkin
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Sweetener – I used Swerve granular sweetener.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk but you can use whatever you wish here.
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil – just a little to help keep the white chocolate on!
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE OREO PROTEIN BALLS
- Line a baking sheet or other pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, coconut flour, black cocoa, and sweetener. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Add in the pumpkin, applesauce, and almond milk. Continue mixing until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. You can do this with a hand (or stand mixer) or a spoon.
- Begin rolling out the dough into small balls (I made 28 balls with each ball being a heaping Tablespoon, about 20g). Roll balls with hands until all sides are smooth and place them on the wax paper as you go.
- In a small bowl, add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Immediately after stirring (you’ll want to do this quick before the chocolate hardens), drizzle the white chocolate over the Oreo balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Keep stored in the refrigerator in a closed container. These Oreo balls also freeze GREAT!
WHAT IS BLACK COCOA?
Black cocoa powder is simply a cocoa powder that has been heavily dutched or alkalised. If you’ve ever wondered what makes Oreo cookies so dark in color they’re almost black, the answer is black cocoa powder.
Because black cocoa has these properties that make the chocolate so rich, it is a necessary ingredient to achieve a true “Oreo-like” flavor, like in these White Chocolate Oreo Protein Balls and No-Bake Oreo Balls. Which is why normal cocoa powder just won’t do!
Black cocoa powder is becoming more and more popular in grocery stores, but I know I always still have a hard time finding it, so I usually just order off Amazon. WIncrest and Cocoa Traders are my favorite go-to brands.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these white chocolate Oreo protein balls and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!