Sweet, chilled, bite-sized balls of cookie dough made with healthy, wholesome ingredients! At only 50 calories per bite, they’re the perfect way to tame your sweet tooth. They’re also packed with protein and are great options for a pre-workout snack or afternoon pick-me-up!
Nothing tastes quite like cookie dough, except for, well…cookie dough! And while you’re not supposed to eat it raw (…oops), I am thankful for recipes like this one that bring all the same cookie dough deliciousness, but let you enjoy it safely. 😉
If you’re a cookie dough lover like me, you’re going to LOVE these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bites! These bites contain no egg and require no baking, so you don’t have to worry about getting sick or turning on that oven. Made with a base of protein powder and coconut flour, these cookie dough protein bites are only 50 calories per bite and are a great source of protein and fiber.
Simply store in the fridge and pull a few out whenever you’re in the mood for a perfectly sweet and chocolatey treat. Or keep them stored in the freezer for cookie dough craving emergencies. They freeze so well!
Can’t wait for you to enjoy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BITES
- No baking required. Just mix ingredients and roll into little bites!
- Only 50 calories per bite.
- They’re the perfect size to tame your sweet tooth without going overboard on dessert.
- Good source of protein and fiber!
- These bites only require a handful of fridge and pantry staples!
- They freeze well and are a great healthy sweet treat to have on hand.
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. Any flavor would technically work, but a more neutral flavor is best to achieve that classic ‘cookie dough’ flavor. For all PEScience products, you can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 15% on your purchase.
- Coconut flour – I used Viva Naturals coconut flour. Along with the protein powder, this is what makes up the bulk of the protein ball. Coconut flour has different absorbent properties than all other flours, so for that reason, I wouldn’t recommend subbing. But, if you do, know that the wet and dry ingredients ration in this recipe will likely need to be adjusted, too. If you use any other type of flour, I would recommend doubling or tripling the amount to achieve the same texture and appropriate ratio.
- Peanut butter powder – I used PBFIT.
- Unsweetened applesauce – canned pumpkin will also work! Just note it will change the color of the bites.
- Baking essentials – A little bit of salt and vanilla extract.
- Granulated sweetener of choice – I used Stevia in the Raw.
- Nut butter – For a more neutral, real cookie dough taste, I recommend cashew butter or sunflower butter. Peanut butter and almond butter also will work, but it will give the bites a more distinct almond or peanut butter flavor. Drippy nut butter is best. I used American Dream I Dream of Cookies & Cream Cashew Butter. You can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% on your purchase.
- Mini chocolate chips – of course!
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BITES
1.) Mix dry ingredients together. Mix all dry ingredients together first so they are evenly dispersed before adding wet ingredients. Make sure to sift the coconut flour well or mix dry ingredients with a whisk if there are still clumps.
2.) Add wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3.) Fold in the chocolate chips. Once your cookie dough base is formed, fold in the chocolate chips. I like to save some chocolate chips for the end to add to the outside of the bite. (Doesn’t really matter recipe-wise. This is more just for looks. 😉)
4.) Roll into balls. For exact macros and calories, use 20g of cookie dough per ball. I find it helpful to spray the palm of my hand with nonstick cookie spray or dab it in water to help roll the balls more easily. If you have chocolate chips remaining, add those to the outside of the ball and roll again so it’s even.
5.) Store in fridge or freezer. Keep bites stored in an airtight container or Ziplock bag in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. If stored properly, bites will stay fresh for up to 7 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. If frozen, you can let them sit out anywhere from 10-15 minutes to 2 hours before eating. I just take mine out 10 minutes before eating because I love them most when they are super chilled!
HOW TO EAT & WHAT TO EAT WITH
- As a pre-workout or afternoon pick-me-up. Have 2-3 bites for a little protein packed snack! These bites are the perfect size for a little pep of energy without being too heavy and are a great source of fiber to keep you satisfied until your next meal.
- Post lunch or dinner sweet treat. Curb your sweet tooth craving if you’re not feeling a full on dessert.
- With Greek yogurt. These cookie dough bites pair so well with creamy yogurt! Eat alongside your yogurt for an afternoon snack or top your Jello Yogurt Bowl with these delicious cookie dough bites.
- On top of your ice cream, Protein Fluff, Birthday Cake Protein Milkshake, or Cookies and Cream Protein Milkshake.
- As cookie dough stuffing. Let your cookie dough bite chill at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Stuff it between two cookies and enjoy a cookie dough stuffed sandwich!
SIMILAR DESSERTS YOU MAY ENJOY
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these chocolate chip cookie dough protein bites and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!