These Cookie Dough Protein Bites are sweet, chilled, bite-sized balls of edible cookie dough made with healthy ingredients and packed with a good amount of protein!
Nothing tastes quite like cookie dough! And while you’re not supposed to eat it raw (…oops), I am thankful for recipes like this one that bring all the same cookie dough deliciousness, but let you enjoy it safely!
If you’re a cookie dough lover like me, you’re going to LOVE these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bites! The best part is, they contain no egg and require no baking or special equipment. Just grab a mixing bowl!
Can’t wait for you to try this delicious and easy recipe! Seriously healthy snacking at it’s best!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BITES
- No baking required. Just mix ingredients and roll into little energy balls!
- These bites only require a handful of fridge and pantry staples!!
- No added sugar and made with healthy, wholesome ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store.
- Good source of healthy fats and protein – packs 6 grams of protein per bite!
- They freeze GREAT and are a great healthy sweet treat to have on hand. Store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. (AKA the best protein powder). Any flavor would work, but a more neutral flavor is best to achieve that classic ‘cookie dough’ flavor. For all PEScience products, you can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% on your purchase. Not all protein powders have the same formula or consistency, so remember that when making the recipe. You may need to add less protein powder (or add slightly more liquid) to achieve the desired wet/dry ratio or consistency. Use plant-based protein powder if needed.
- Oat flour – I used Better Body Foods. You can make your own by blending oats in a blender. Or you can sub for normal all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour. For gluten-free flour I love Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur 1:1. I haven’t tried with wheat flour almond flour but I bet it would work just fine if you needed more low carb. I would not recommend coconut flour for this recipe.
- Granulated sweetener of choice – I used Swerve but you can use any sweetener you prefer here. Monk fruit, coconut sugar, normal white sugar, etc.
- Salt – always add a little sea salt to your baked (and no-bake!) goodies to bring out the sweet flavors more!
- Cashew butter – For a more neutral, real cookie dough taste, I recommend cashew butter or sunflower butter. Peanut butter and almond butter also will work, but it will give the bites a more distinct almond/peanut flavor. A drippy, natural nut butter is best. I used American Dream Cashew Butter. You can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% on your purchase. If you need a nut-free option, sunflower seed butter would work great for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Pancake syrup – I used sugar-free. You could also use honey or pure maple syrup.
- Mini chocolate chips– I used Enjoy Life.
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BITES
- Mix together all the dry and wet ingredients in a large bowl until well combined and cookie dough like consistency. You could also use your food processor for this.
- Roll into a smooth ball (about a tablespoon of dough each). Then repeat until all the dough is used.
- Keep stored in the fridge or the freezer. I recommend the freezer because they only need a few minutes to defrost.
Seriously the easiest protein ball recipe!
HOW TO EAT & WHAT TO EAT WITH COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BITES
- As a pre or post workout snack or afternoon pick-me-up. Have 2-3 bites for a little protein packed snack! These bites are perfect for a little pep of energy without being too heavy and are a great source of fiber to keep you satisfied. They are good snacks to eat on the go too!
- Post lunch or dinner sweet treat. Curb your sweet tooth craving if you’re not feeling a full on dessert.
- With Greek yogurt. These cookie dough bites pair so well with yogurt! Eat alongside your yogurt for an afternoon snack or use them to top your Jello Yogurt Bowl
- On top of your ice cream, Protein Fluff, Birthday Cake Protein Milkshake, or Cookies and Cream Protein Milkshake.
- As cookie dough stuffing. Let your cookie dough bite chill at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Stuff it between two cookies and enjoy a cookie dough stuffed sandwich!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BALLS
To make these healthy cookie dough balls vegan, use a vegan vanilla protein powder (or other flavored vegan protein powder) and use pure maple syrup. Also make sure your chocolate chips are vegan friendly!
COOKIE DOUGH BITES COMMON QUESTIONS
Can I make these cookie dough bites into protein bars?
Sure! Instead of rolling the mixture into balls, you can press the cookie dough in a pan. Refrigerate or freeze for about 30 minutes or so, then cut into bars!
Are these cookie dough bites gluten-free?
Yes. Of course check your oat flour to make sure it is certified gluten-free, but most are. You could also sub with gluten-free flour. My favorite gluten-free flour blends are Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur 1:1.
MORE EASY NO BAKE COOKIE DESSERTS
- HEALTHY EDIBLE MONSTER PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
- OREO COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- CHOCOLATE PRETZEL PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH BITES
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these chocolate chip cookie dough protein bites and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Can I substitute the cashew butter for peanut butter?
Hi Denise, I did not, no!