Ice cream and Oreos just belong together. This Cookies and Cream Protein Milkshake is incredibly sweet, creamy, and chocolately—and it has such a nice crunch! Enjoy with a spoon or a straw guilt free as this protein packed dessert has been tremendously lightened-up!
I have some incredible news for you, friends. PEScience has officially re-launched its Cookies ‘N Cream protein powder again! 😍 And you can sure bet I ran to the kitchen to have some fun and make something tasty with it!
Summer is officially in full swing here in Charleston, so making this Cookies and Cream Protein Milkshake was a no brainer. Ice cream and Oreos go hand in hand to create an incredibly sweet, creamy, chocolately, and crunchy treat. It seriously makes me feel like a little kid again. I get so excited getting ready to whip this up!
This milkshake will make each one of your taste buds go crazy! And it’s packed with protein to help fuel your body and repair those hard-working muscles. Top it like a sundae with more Oreos, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and more. Then, enjoy with a spoon or a straw!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS COOKIES AND CREAM PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- Protein packed treat that fuels your body.
- Low in calories and carbs!
- So much room for fun and yummy toppings. Yay, more Oreos!
- Makes so much. Hellooooooo volume!
- Amazingly thick milkshake texture.
- Insane cookies and cream flavor all throughout!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Cookies ‘N Cream. If you don’t have a Cookies ‘N Cream flavor, no worries! A vanilla or neutral flavor will work just great! You can always add crushed up Oreos to get as close to cookies and cream flavor as possible. If you wish to use another protein powder, just make sure it is one that is also a whey + casein blend. For all Pescience products, you can use my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie to save 10% off your purchase.
- Ice cream – Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s going to help make our milkshake nice and creamy. I highly recommend using Edy’s Slow Churned French Vanilla ice cream.
- Black cocoa – Not to be confused with normal cocoa, black cocoa brings some major cookies ‘n cream vibes! I use Wincrest Black Cocoa or HIIT Nutrition Jet Black Cocoa.
- Vanilla extract – Highlights and complements all of our delicious and sweet flavors!
- Stevia – I use Natrisweet Stevia Liquid Drops.
- Xanthan gum – Helps create thickness. I use Bob’s Red Mill.
- Almond milk – You can also use cashew, oat, or whatever other milk you wish!
- Ice – For the best consistency, make sure it’s nice and fresh.
HOW TO MAKE THIS COOKIES AND CREAM PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- Add all ingredients (except the Oreo’s) to blender.
- Blend until ice is broken up.
- Add half the Oreo’s; pulse to slightly break up.
- Pour into glass or bowl, top with remaining Oreo’s, and enjoy!
Depending on your blender, you may need to shake it around or stir the ingredients with a spoon to make sure all the ice is broken up. Do this until you achieve your desired consistency.
TIPS FOR THE BEST CONSISTENCY
- Use a good quality blender – I used a Ninja IQ for this recipe. I am not saying you need that exact blender. Obviously, use what you have and try to make it work. But I will say that the appliance you use does matter here. You need a blender or food processor that is strong enough to break the ice up. Otherwise, the consistency of your milkshake will be off.
- Use fresh ice – It breaks up and blends better!
- Measure your ingredients – I am also NOT saying you need to buy a food scale, but it really makes life so much easier. The ratio of ingredients is important for overall consistency and the digital scale helps so much. And you’ll have less to clean!
- Use a good quality protein powder – Not all protein powders blend equally. A whey + casein blend is used for this recipe. I used PEScience Cookies ‘N Cream. It doesn’t have a weird protein taste and brings an amazing texture. I know there are other good brands too, I just don’t have much experience experimenting with other brands. PEScience has won me over!
- Use Xanthan gum – You could technically omit this, but if you have it on hand, go ahead and add a little! It helps a ton with achieving the thickness we are looking for. I would stick to 1/4 tsp, though. Anything more and things start to get weird!
- Oreo’s – Toss on more Oreos or crumble up another cookie of your choice!
- Cool Whip – I love adding Cool Whip to add creaminess! Reddi Whip and marshmallow fluff are also delicious.
- Black Cocoa – Stirring in a little more black cocoa makes magic!
- Oreo pie crust – a little goes a long way with this stuff for cookies and cream texture with lower calories.
- PBfit – Sprinkle on or blend in some PBfit or other peanut butter powder of your choice. Adds incredible flavor! Tooooo good.
- Oreo Balls – You SERIOUSLY must try my No-Bake Oreo Protein Balls! Topping your milkshake with these makes it even more indulgent. Like for-real, cannot recommend this enough!
- Oreo Protein Cookie Dough – Add in my Oreo Protein Cookie Dough. Cookies and cream milkshake AND cookies and cream cookie dough? I JUST CAN’T!
- Cereal – Top your milkshake with your favorite cereal for a crunch! Oreo O’s, Cocoa Pebbles, whatever floats your boat.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this cookies and cream shake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!