The BEST soft-baked healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! They are easy to make, taste just like the real deal, and just so happen to be vegan and gluten-free (although seriously no one would know). Oh and they taste JUST like Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookie’s!!!
Homemade soft baked Chips Ahoy! cookies but made lighter??? Um yes please!! Quite literally a dream come true! 😍 I am telling you guys, you are gonna LOVE this healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am team soft chewy cookies over crunchy any day. 😜 You know those cookies that you can’t just eat one of? Those were it for me! Perfectly sweet, chewy, and oh so delicious! I honestly wasn’t even trying to recreate the Chips Ahoy! chewy cookies with this recipe, but it was the happiest accident! One bite in and I about had a foodgasm. I couldn’t believe it!
But seriously, these cookies really could not be more perfect. They are soft, chewy, and melt right in your mouth! Even better is that they only require a handful of ingredients you probably already have. And even BETTER, they’re just 50 calories per cookie! 🙌🏼
I also really love how these cookies are made with wholesome ingredients. We’ll use coconut oil instead of butter and natural brown sugar replacement instead of refined sugar. And they’re super easy to make vegan and/or gluten-free if you need! Did I mention they’re ready in 20 minutes too? Seriously a real winner here!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- They’re soft, chewy, melt-in-your mouth good!!!
- Only takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
- Just 50 calories a cookie!
- Made with pantry staples and wholesome ingredients.
- Easy to make vegan + gluten-free!
- Flour – I used all-purpose gluten-free flour. Oat or normal purpose also works here!
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar – I used Swerve.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk, but fat-free milk, 1% milk, cashew milk, or any other milk would work!
- Applesauce – I used unsweetened applesauce.
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
Making this Healthy Copycat Chewy Chips Ahoy recipe is SO easy!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Whisk until there are no clumps.
- Add the milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla to the bowl. Stir until the wet and dry ingredients are combined. Then, fold in the chocolate.
- Add the dough to the baking sheet and shape into a cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool to your desired temperature, and enjoy!
*For the vegan version, make sure to use dairy-free chocolate. I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips!
SECRET TO THE BEST GOOEY (NOT DRY COOKIES)
Undeniably, the most important part of the whole recipe! Seriously. DO NOT OVER BAKE!!! When you take them out when they are jusssst about done, they will set and make the most perfectly delicious cookie.
HOW TO STORE THESE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Keep your Copycat Chewy Chips Ahoy! Cookies stored at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Certainly you can also freeze these cookies too. To freeze, simply let the cookies cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight bag. Make sure to get all the air out to prevent freezer burn!
COPYCAT CHEWY CHIP’S AHOY! COOKIES Q+A
I haven’t tried, but I would think butter or light butter would work as great subs. Any kind of butter or oil!
The applesauce is used to add a little bit more liquid in this recipe. Only a small amount is used, so you may be okay nixing it all together. Or just adding a little bit more milk!
This recipe is vegan-friendly as written. Just make sure you use dairy-free chocolate.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these chocolate chip cookies and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!