50-calorie, pillowy soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! These are perfect when you want a little something to curve your sweet tooth but don’t want to over do it. And with added protein and just 410 calories for all 8 cookies, you can have the whole batch 😉
Soft, gooey pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Yet another one of my favorite recipes to make because they are so easy and are great on the go. I remembering working night shift as a nurse. I always needed something sweet around the midnight hour and 9 times out of 10, these were it!
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
- Only NINE ingredients total – and that is including basic ingredients like baking soda, stevia, and vanilla
- The easiest recipe ever – just mix ingredients and bake!
- Bakes in SIX minutes
- Travels great – no crumbs, no sticky fingers, no mess
- Only 40 calories per cookie….. OR 320 calories for the whole batch
- So yeah – you can totally eat the whole batch GUILT FREE 😉
- And did I mention they are packed with protein??
- Oh, and DELICIOUS!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience vanilla. I always recommend this brand because the flavors are amazing and the protein bakes so well! But if you do need to sub, I would do so with one that is also a whey + casein blend.
For all PEScience products, you can use code LaurenFitFoodie to save 15%.
- All-purpose flour – I like the taste better with normal all-purpose flour! But you can also sub for oat or almond flour.
- Canned Pumpkin – the pumpkin kind of makes these PUMPKIN chocolate chip cookies. I definitely wouldn’t recommend subbing if you can help it! But if you are desperate, you can sub with the same amount of applesauce or mashed banana.
- Light butter – I used I can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Lite. This brand has 5g of fat per tbsp. I wouldn’t recommend subbing this either (unless you do it with normal butter) because this gives the cookies a yummy butter flavor!
- Egg whites
- Liquid Stevia – I have preferred using this liquid stevia in my desserts over the granulated when I can! The sweetness tastes so authentic and real and you don’t need much at all! Here is the kind I buy from amazon: NatriSweet Original Stevia Liquid Drops 8 oz, No Alcohol, Zero Calorie Natural Sugar Substitute
- 1 scoop (32g) vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup ( 30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp (10g) light butter - I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Lite
- 2 tbsp (30g) egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 mL) liquid stevia*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (122g) canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp (15g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl, add the protein powder, flour and baking soda. Stir until dry ingredients are well combined.
- Add the butter, egg whites, stevia, vanilla, and pumpkin. Stir until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon cookie dough onto baking pan to make 8 cookies.
- Sprinkle cookies with chocolate chips and gently press down the chips into the cookie.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
If you want them to be more gooey, they will be cooked on the outside but still a little gooey on the inside - about 4-5 minutes.
MFP entry: Lauren Fit Foodie Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
*If using sugar or other granulated sweetener, I would recommend substituting the 1 tsp stevia for 1 tbsp of the sugar, splenda, or whatever other granulated sweetener you are using. Stevia is naturally sweeter, so less is needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 cookie (26g)
Amount Per Serving Calories 51Total Fat 1gCarbohydrates 6gProtein 4g