These oat bars are out of this world delicious! Soft baked oats with a hint of spice and sweet chocolate crunchy M&M’s in each bite. Low in fat and packed with protein, these bars are perfect for breakfast, dessert or snack!
It’s no secret that I love oat bars. I just love the taste and texture of soft baked oats! And even more so, I love making multiple servings in batch so I can have healthy, easy-to-grab food prepared for the week. These M&M protein oat bars are some of my favorite to make because they are so tasty and fun!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE OAT BARS
- They will fill you up. Unlike some oat bars without protein, these M&M protein oat bars are packed with enough protein and fiber to keep you satisfied until your next meal time.
- They are delicious. The texture of these are one of my favorite parts about this recipe! Soft-baked, chewy, with a hint of spice GOOD! And when you add mini M&M’s to that… YUM!
- The macros are amazing. They are low-calorie, low-fat, and with moderate carbs and protein. Balanced in macros and easy to fit in your day.
- They are so versatile! Change up the spices, protein powder and add ins and you can completely transform this recipe. There are so many possibilities with these – you will never get bored!
- They are easy to make. JUST MIX INGREDIENTS AND BAKE!
- They are great for breakfast, snack, pre-workout, dessert, any time of the day! Each time I make these I go through them so fast because I will eat them multiple times a day 😂 I’ll snack on one pre or post workout, grab one to curve my sweet tooth after lunch or if I just need something to hold me over until dinner!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Oat flour – I love oat flavor the best because of the flavor it brings. But if you don’t have any, you can either make your own by blending whole rolled oats (not steel cut or quick oats) in the blender of food processor until a flour is formed, or you can use almond or all-purpose flour
- Protein powder – I used PEScience protein powder Snickerdoodle. I have also used their peanut butter cookie and vanilla flavor for this recipe and both turn out amazing! I love baking with PEScience because the protein bakes so well and brings an amazing flavor to the baked goods. You can save 10% on PEScience products with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie.
- Cinnamon + nutmeg + vanilla
- Sweetener – I used Splenda for baking
- Egg whites
- Almond milk – or other milk of choice
- Mini Baking M&M’s – I used the special baking kind because they hold the color of the M&M’s better
THE FLAVOR POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
One of the best parts of these oat bars is that they are so versatile! You can easily switch up the flavor combos to create a totally different flavor profile. You will never get bored! Here are some of my favorites ideas:
- Peanut Butter Cookie: PEScience Peanut Butter Cookie + butter extract + Reese’s chips
- Strawberry Cheesecake Oats: PEScience Strawberry Cheesecake protein powder + butter extract + dried strawberries and cheesecake chunks
- Birthday Cake Oats: PEScience Cake Pop protein powder + cake batter extract + sprinkles + white chocolate chips
- Strawberries & Cream Oats: PEScience or Vanilla or Strawberry Cheesecake protein powder + strawberry extract + dried strawberries + white chocolate chips
- Banana Nut Bread: PEScience Vanilla + banana and butter extract + sliced bananas and nuts
- Peanut Butter Chocolate: PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup + chocolate or butter extract + mini Reese’s or chocolate + PB chips
CAN THESE BE FROZEN?
YES! I love keeping some stored in the freezer for when I am in need of a soft baked oat treat! They hold up amazing when frozen and will stay good for 6 months.
TO FREEZE: Cut oats into bars and wrap the bars individually in wax paper, parchment paper or aluminum foil. Store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag and freeze up to 6 months.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these M&M protein oat bars and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!