Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake with Creamy Vanilla Maple Cream Cheese Glaze! High in protein, low in fat and quite literally the most amazing thing you will ever put in your mouth. This is a great recipe to make around the holidays and also fabulous for meal prep!
Okay, now if this doesn’t scream FALL, I don’t know what does! This baked pumpkin oatmeal recipe has the BEST pumpkin spice flavor!
I thought I was in heaven when this delicious bake was in the oven last night and our whole apartment started to smell like sweet cinnamon and pumpkin. But then I took a bite and temporarily left the planet. I am not joking here. For a good few seconds it was just me and this pumpkin oatmeal bake. Nothing else in the world was relevant.
Truly, I wish I could more accurately describe the amazingness of this tasty oatmeal recipe, but words just don’t do it justice. Just trust me on this one guys. It is not one of my favorite breakfasts during my most favorite season!
Not only does is this Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake full of the most delicious pumpkin flavor. But it also has the most delicious fluffy oat texture. And the vanilla maple cream cheese glaze is so creamy and brings the flavors of the pumpkin bake even MORE.
The best part is, this oatmeal bake is SO easy to make, and is perfect for meal prep. Even better news is that most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand! Trust me when I say to bake up a double batch. The whole family will absolutely love this one!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY PUMPKIN OATMEAL BAKE RECIPE
- A pumpkin season staple. Your whole house will smell like the flavors of fall!
- Hearty and satisfying with the best flavor of pumpkin and cinnamon throughout.
- Great for meal prep! Bake up a big batch and eat on it all week.
- Makes for an easy breakfast. Perfect for those busy mornings!
- Made with simple ingredients you already have on hand.
- SO versatile. I purposely made this for an easy healthy breakfast to grab and have with my cup of coffee, but quickly found myself having it with my snacks and desserts at night as well.
- Oats– I used old-fashioned oats. You could use quick oats.
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Vanilla. I think PEScience Snickerdoodle would also taste amazing! Use my code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% on your purchase. If you need to sub, please make sure it is a protein powder you know bakes well (ideally a whey + casein blend OR a plant based blend, versus a stictly whey blend for example).
- Baking essentials: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, salt
- Pumpkin- I used canned. Be sure it is canned pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Pancake syrup – Sugar free pancake or pure maple syrup.
- Milk– I used unsweetened almond milk. Coconut milk, oat milk, or any regular or non-dairy milk works here.
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese- this is optional if you want to make the glaze. I used 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese but you can use whatever. Dairy-free works too!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY BAKED PUMPKIN OATMEAL
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs (you can also beat with a hand mixer). Add the vanilla, syrup and milk and whisk (or beat) until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour oatmeal batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When oatmeal bake is done, take out, and allow to cool to room temperature before putting on glaze (otherwise cream cheese will melt) Even better – wait until the next day to frost or store frosting separately!
- To make frosting: beat all the ingredients together in a large bowl with a hand mixer until smooth. Add a splash of milk as needed to reach desired glaze consistency. Drizzle glaze all over the oatmeal bake or wait to drizzle for each serving.
HOW TO STORE HEALTHY BAKED PUMPKIN OATMEAL
Keep your Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake stored in the fridge, covered for up to a week. You can spread the frosting over the baked oatmeal OR keep it stored separately. The frosting will stay fresh in the fridge covered for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze, cut oatmeal bake into bars and wrap each one in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store in a Ziploc bag with all the air removed. The bars will stay fresh in freezer for up to 4 months.
WHAT TO TOP HEALTHY PUMPKIN OATMEAL BAKE WITH
- Vanilla Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. The frosting is optional of course. I will say, it is flipping amazing!!
- Maple syrup. Drizzle a touch of maple syrup over top. A little extra maple syrup makes everything better!
- Chocolate chips. A little chocolate makes everything better, am I right?!
- Brown sugar. Golden brown or coconut sugar. A tiny sprinkle really elevates the pumpkin flavors
- Peanut butter. A creamy, drippy nut butter on this bake is soooo good!
- Chopped pecans. For an added nutty flavor and crunch!
- Greek yogurt. For a higher protein choice, this bake is so good paired with Greek yogurt.
- Chocolate spread. Like my Homemade Nutella or Brownie Batter!
- Store-bought frosting. Because it’s easy. A little whipped cream cheese frosting goes a long way!
CAN I MAKE THIS PUMPKIN BAKE VEGAN?
Sure, this baked oatmeal can easily be made vegan. Just use pure maple syrup, a vegan protein powder and dairy-free cream cheese. Sub the eggs for flax eggs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I would not recommend steel cut oats for this recipe. I think old fashioned oats work best, but you could use quick oats if you needed to.
Yes!! After it cools, simple cut into individual portions and store covered in fridge up to a week until ready to eat.
It does. Just cut the oatmeal bake into bars and wrap individually. Then, store tightly in a Ziploc bag with all the air removed. The bars will stay fresh for up to 4 months.
Of course! Instead of drizzling it on the entire oatmeal bake, keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge and just take it out when you are ready to use it!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO ENJOY THIS SEASON
- HEALTHY PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE
- THE BEST PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES
- FUDGY PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIES
- HEALTHY PUMPKIN PROTEIN OVERNIGHT OATS
- THE BEST LOW CALORIE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
MORE RECIPES WITH OATS TO CHECK OUT
- BAKED ZUCCHINI OATMEAL WITH NUTELLA SPREAD
- SPICED PEAR VANILLA CAULIFLOWER OATMEAL BAKE
- EASY CARROT CAKE OATMEAL BAKE
- BO-BERRY OAT BARS
If you try this Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram or Tik Tok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!