Thick, dense, and bursting with sweet pumpkin spice flavor! All with gooey melted chocolate chips throughout! Packed with wholesome ingredients, these blondies are only 95 calories a bar – making them the perfect healthy snack!
You are going to fall in LOVE with these pumpkin chocolate chip blondies! I already know you are. Even if you only remotely like pumpkin, you are going sink into these gooey blondies and never want to come out. Perfect flavor, perfectly spiced, the most perfectly baked texture that you ever did taste and see. And can we talk about all the chocolate!?
Y’all know I love my baked goods! These are no exception. In fact – these blondies are really special to me because they were one of the first “fancier,” good (😂), healthier desserts I created. I remember being so proud! And falling so in love with baking. I guess you can say these blondies helped start it all! Haha!
What You Need
- Protein powder – this helps gives the blondies its texture and flavor. I used PEScience Snickerdoodle which gave these bars the most perfect sweet cinnamon touch. If you don’t have snickerdoodle, I would opt for a vanilla (similar whey + casein blend) and add a couple of dashes of cinnamon!
For all PEScience products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 15%.
- Oat flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill – always use it and always will – I love the texture! If needed, you can replace with all-purpose, whole wheat, or almond flour. Or just blend up your own oats to make a flour! Oat flour is my favorite because of the texture it brings!
- Coconut flour – I use either Bob’s Red Mill or Viva Naturals. I can never find this at the grocery store so I always have to order on Amazon! Unfortunately there isn’t an equal sub to coconut flour when it comes to baking.
- Granulated sweetener. I just use your standard store bought zero-calorie granulated sweetener! Like this one here: Splenda Granulated Sweetener. It measures cup for cup to normal sugar.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Canned pumpkin
- Butter extract – I use Watkin’s brand. Something I also always can’t find at grocery stores so I just order off Amazon. I get a bigger bottle that way too 😉 if you don’t have butter extract, you can use vanilla – I just LOVE the buttery flavor the butter brings.
- Almond milk
- Mini chocolate chips – mini because that means MOREEEEEEE.
How to Eat
The top 3 ways:
- Warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds with a glass of cold milk. HEAVENS.
- Chilled on top ice cream, protein fluff, or yogurt bowls!
- With peanut butter – perfect for a quick breakfast, pre-workout, or snack to hold you over till your next meal!
I would recommend keeping these babies stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They are best eaten cold in my opinion! Although they are also pretty yummy with they have been warmed up and the chocolate chips remelt in the pumpkin blondie again 🤤 Either way – keep them stored in the fridge to keep them fresh longer. They actually get better by the day when the bars start to set and the flavors come together more and more!
These bars will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week or for several months if freeze. To freeze, simply pre-cut bars, wrap individual bars up in plastic wrap or parchment paper, and store in a freezer-safe bag.
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie) because I love seeing your yummy recreations!
- 1 scoop (32g) protein powder - I used PEScience Snickerdoodle
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- ¼ cup (28g) coconut flour
- ½ cup zero-calorie granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ (360g) canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp butter or vanilla extract - I used butter
- ½ (120 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp (42g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the egg to a bowl and briefly whisk. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, and almond milk and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the protein powder, oat flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in 2 tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Add the blondie batter to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
MFP entry: Lauren Fit Foodie Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 blondie (58g)
Amount Per Serving Calories 95 Total Fat 3gCarbohydrates 13gProtein 5g