Soft and tender chocolate chip pumpkin bars! These pumpkin bars are perfectly sweet and spiced, and so incredibly moist with melty chocolate chips throughout. They are lightened up at just 100 calories a bar but do not taste it for a second. The most perfect fall dessert!
You are going to fall in LOVE with these pumpkin chocolate chip blondies! I already know it. Even if you only sort of like pumpkin, you are going to swoon at the melt-in-your-mouth texture of these pumpkin bars. Perfectly flavored, perfectly spiced, the most perfect baked texture that you ever did taste…. and can we talk about all the chocolate!?
These pumpkin blondies are one of the first desserts I ever created! They have been a reader favorite since the beginning and one I still make frequently– especially every time fall rolls around 😉
They are SO easy to make, lower in calories than your traditional blondie/pumpkin bar, and SO DANG delicious! If you haven’t tried them already, you must!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Snickerdoodle. A vanilla or peanut butter flavor would also work here. If you want to use another brand, just make sure it is also a whey + casein blend. Not all protein powders respond the same when baked, so just make sure you use a protein powder you know bakes well if you use one other than PEScience. For all PEScience products, you can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% off your purchase.
- Oat flour – I like the flavor oat flour brings, but all-purpose flour, 1:1 gluten-free flour, and whole wheat flour should work as a good substitutes. If you don’t have oat flour, you can also blend quick oats in a blender until it reaches a flour consistency. I haven’t tried the brownie part of this recipe with almond or coconut flour, so I can’t speak on those, but if do try, let me know how it turns out in the comments!
- Coconut flour – I use either Bob’s Red Mill or Viva Naturals. I can never find this at the grocery store so I always have to order on Amazon! Unfortunately there isn’t an equal sub to coconut flour when it comes to baking.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener. You can use whatever sweetener you would like here.
- Baking essentials – pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and pure vanilla extract.
- Canned pumpkin
- Milk – I used almond milk.
- Mini chocolate chips – mini because that means MOREEEEEEE.
HOW TO MAKE THESE PUMPKIN BLONDIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the egg to a bowl and briefly whisk. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, and almond milk and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the protein powder, oat flour, coconut flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in 2 Tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Add the blondie batter to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle it with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
HOW TO EAT
- Warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds with a glass of cold milk. HEAVENS.
- Chilled on top of ice cream, protein fluff, or a yogurt bowl.
- With peanut butter on top – perfect for a quick breakfast, pre-workout, or snack to hold you over till your next meal!
- With brownie batter on top – add edible Healthy Brownie Batter on top for an insanely fudgy and indulgent treat!
I would recommend keeping these stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They are best eaten cold, in my opinion! Although they are also delicious if you warm them up again to get the chocolate all melty and gooey. Either way – keep them stored in the fridge to keep them fresh longer. They actually are better the next day as the bars start to set and the flavors come together more and more!
These bars will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week or for several months if freeze. To freeze, simply pre-cut bars, wrap individual bars up in plastic wrap or parchment paper, and store in a freezer-safe bag.
MORE CHOCOLATELY PUMPKIN RECIPES
- FUDGY PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIES
- PUMPKIN OATMEAL BAKE WITH MAPLE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- PUMPKIN PIE DONUTS WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these pumpkin blondies and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!