Edible brownie batter…but healthy? You read that right! This Healthy Brownie Batter is a no bake dessert that’s totally safe to consume—and it’s incredibly creamy, fudgy, and rich! It’s truly what chocolate dreams are made of.
One bite of this creamy, fudgy, and rich (AND edible!) brownie batter will have you believing there is NO WAY it’s healthy and protein-packed. But it is, friends! You know I would never lie to you!
This Healthy Brownie Batter is a no bake dessert made without raw flour and egg, making it totally safe to consume! Thick and delicious, it’s a decadent twist on cookie dough takes just minutes to whip up with ingredients you likely already have on hand. And it’s truly what chocolate dreams are made of. 🤤
You can easily make this edible brownie batter dairy-free and vegan. Just substitute with a vegan protein powder and use maple syrup instead of sugar-free pancake syrup.
Dive right into this Healthy Brownie Batter and enjoy by the spoonful or use it as a frosting or dip. You can even stuff it into a cookie (!!!) like these Chocolate Chip Brownie Batter Stuffed Cookies. It’s healthy, it’s safe, and heck—it’s way better than diving into a bowl of your standard raw and runny brownie batter!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY BROWNIE BATTER
- Smooth like icing but still so thick and fudgy!
- Rich chocolate in every bite. It’s seriously the ultimate chocolate fix.
- It’s PROTEIN PACKED and LOW CALORIE! 12g of protein and just 92 calories per 1/4 cup!
- Just 6 ingredients needed—and they’re all pantry staples.
- Quick, easy, and no baking required. Enjoy this healthy brownie batter in a matter of minutes!
- IT’S SO FUDGING DELICIOUS! Seriously, how is this stuff healthy!?!
EDIBLE BROWNIE BATTER INGREDIENTS
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Vanilla. A chocolate or peanut butter flavor would also work here. Honestly, you could really use any flavor! To make a vegan brownie batter, use a vegan protein powder. For all PEScience products, you can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 15% off your purchase.
- Peanut butter powder – I used PBfit. I haven’t experimented with any substitutes for this, but if you are allergic to peanuts, I would recommend a cashew or almond powder.
- Cocoa powder – You could use normal cocoa, dark cocoa, or dutch black cocoa! I used normal cocoa, here but all are tasty options!
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener. You can use Truvia, Splenda, Stevia, sugar, or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Pumpkin – I used canned.
- Sugar-free pancake syrup – Substitute with pure maple syrup if you wish to make this recipe vegan.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY BROWNIE BATTER
Combine the dry ingredients: In a small bowl, add the protein powder, peanut butter powder, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt. Then, whisk them all together.
Add the wet ingredients: Add the canned pumpkin and pancake syrup to your dry ingredients. Stir with a silicone spatula until incorporated and you have a thick batter.
Chill: Store your healthy brownie batter covered in the fridge for 1-2 hours. This will help all of the flavors really come together. If you can’t wait that long (I don’t blame you), at least add it to the freezer for 10 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BROWNIE BATTER
It’s super easy to make this healthy brownie batter vegan. Just replace the whey protein powder with a vegan protein powder and the sugar-free pancake syrup with maple syrup. That’s it!
HOW TO EAT
- Eat it straight up! This is what I do most often if I’m being honest here. 😂
- Use it as a frosting. Spread all over a cake or on top of some cupcakes or bars. It’ll add fudgy brownie flavor to whatever you choose! Who could pass that up?!
- Serve as a dip. Take some sliced apples, strawberries, graham crackers, or even brownie brittle and dunk ’em in to this chocolately goodness! A truly epic dessert.
- Dollop a spoonful on your Jello Yogurt Bowl, an ice cream sundae, or a Cookies and Cream Protein Milkshake!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHOCOLATELY GOODNESS?
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN SKILLET COOKIE
- HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CUPS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN MUFFINS
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Healthy Brownie Batter and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!