This Jello Yogurt Bowl is satisfyingly creamy, sweet, filling, and totally customizable. It’s naturally Fat-Free, Gluten-Free and Low Carb. Finish it off with your favorite toppings, just like a bowl of ice cream! I make it ALL the time and haven’t met someone who doesn’t like it! It makes for the PERFECT dessert or snack!
If you’ve been on the hunt for a satisfyingly creamy, filling, and customizable snack that’s also packed with protein and low in fat, look no further. You’ve found it!
This recipe is exactly what it sounds like—Jello and yogurt mixed together. But don’t let it confuse you! This Jello Yogurt Bowl is one of my FAVORITE snacks. I know you guys see me eating it on Instagram all the time. And that’s because I truly love it! I know it may sound weird, but once you try a Jello Yogurt Bowl, you’ll understand why it’s so good and why I share mine with you 😜 I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t love it!
To make this Jello Yogurt Bowl, all you need is pudding mix, gelatin, Greek yogurt, and your choice of sweetener. Mix all of those together, add your favorite toppings, and dive right in! You’ll make your taste buds jump for joy while giving your body the nutrients it needs to help you perform your best.
Trust me. You can’t mess this one up!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JELLO YOGURT BOWL
- It’s a brand new snack to add to your rotation!
- Quick and easy to make.
- You need just 4 simple ingredients.
- No oven or fridge or freezer time is required. Although, it is awesome if you put it in the freezer for 15 minutes before eating.
- It’s delicious, creamy, and flavorful.
- Full of protein!
- There is ZERO fat if you use nonfat Greek yogurt. Which means more room for fun toppings!
- This snack is super customizable for flavor and nutritional needs. Want to switch up the flavor? Use a different jell-O and gelatin flavors OR different toppings! Need more or less protein? Add more or less yogurt.
- Greek yogurt – Any kind will work. Full-fat, low-fat, non-fat. You can use a flavored one or you can just use plain since the Jello pudding mix you choose will add flavor. My two favorite yogurt brands are Fage and Two Good because of their flavor and quality.
- Sugar-free Jell-O pudding mix – Literally ANY flavor will work! I stick to the sugar-free flavors because I honestly can’t taste the difference. And the sugar-free has fewer calories.
- Sweetener – You can also use any kind you want. I will usually use a pack of Splenda or liquid stevia like this one or this one.
- Jell-O Sugar-Free Ready-to-Eat gelatin -You can make the gelatin yourself if you prefer but the packs make it so much easier. Strawberry is my favorite flavor!
HOW TO MAKE JELLO YOGURT BOWL
Like I said, you really can’t mess this one up. But heres some tips to make the BEST Jello Yogurt Bowl possible!
- In a bowl, add Greek yogurt, sugar-free Jell-O pudding mix, and stevia. Mix until combined.
- Add in the two packets of strawberry Jell-O gelatin, breaking the gelatin as you go. Chop it with your spoon to try to get it as small as possible and mix well with yogurt.
- Pop in the freezer for 15 minutes! Not necessary, but REALLY makes it tastes best in my opinion! 😉
There are SO MANY topping options for this Jello Yogurt Bowl! Literally, endless. And you can switch them up based on your mood or what you have on hand.
- Nut Butter – My favorite nut butters are American Dream Nut Butters. They are creamy, slightly more macro-friendly than traditional nut butters, and have just the right amount of sweetness + goodies mixed in! You can use code ‘LaurenFitFoodie’ to save 10% off your purchase.
- Black Cocoa Powder – When you mix Black Cocoa into your Jello Yogurt Bowl, you get a flavor similar to Cookies and Cream!
- Peanut Butter Powder – You can use this to cut down on fat. Tastes just like peanut butter! My favorite is by PBFit.
- Desserts – I LOVE topping my Jello Yogurt Bowl with some of my other favorite healthy treats. Try my No-Bake Oreo Protein Balls, Churro Protein Cheesecake Bars, or Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes!
- Fruit – you can’t go wrong with the natural sweetness from fruit! Strawberries, blueberries, whatever you’re in the mood for!
- Cool Whip – what a treat a dollop of cool whip slightly mixed in does. More creaminess for the win 👏🏼
- Cereal – The creaminess of the yogurt and the crunch of the cereal is just too good. There are so many great cereal options, but my favorites have to be Oreo O’s, Fruity Pebbles, and Lucky Charms.
- Puffed Rice – This Puffed Rice has a crunch like cereal but packs more volume. Sometimes I’ll even mix them together.
- Cookies – Like cereal, cookies also bring so much deliciousness to these bowls! Oreo’s, graham crackers, Teddy grahams – you can’t go wrong here.
- Candy – did someway say more chocolate?! M&m’s, Kit Kat’s, Reese’s cups, Butterfinger, Crunch bar! The super sweet delicious chocolate candy really makes this creamy yogurt bowl POP!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A Jello Yogurt Bowl is pretty much exactly what it sounds like—a bowl with yogurt and Jello! Both Jello pudding mix and the Jello gelatin snack packs are used in this recipe. This is one of those recipes that may sound weird until you try it, but trust me, I have not met a single person that has tried it and doesn’t love it! It’s a great voluminous, filling snack that is delicious and can easily be customized to your flavor preferences or what you’re in the mood for!
It’s the easiest thing ever! Just mix Jello pudding mix with yogurt and your sweetener of choice. Then, mix in pre-packaged or made-at-home Jello strawberry (or flavor of your choice) gelatin. See the recipe card below for step by step instructions and ingredients used.
There are so many options. I kid you not. Cereal, nut butter, and cool whip are my favorite ways to top. See above for more delicious ideas!
MORE SNACK IDEAS
100 CALORIE EASY HEALTHY CHICKPEA BLONDIES
YALLLL!! This is absolutely incredible! I used to hate hello and now Lauren has made me obsessed! This is your sign to make this! It is amazing, 1000000/10 stars 🌟! My favorite part is that the jello gives the yogurt a cool texture and it’s a really good change. My dessert bowls are looking GOOD thanks to Lauren and this recipe! My fav toppings are American Dream peanut butter and m and m’s
How much but butter do you use? It looks like so much but I’m willing to bet is only a tablespoon or so. Honestly, I’ve given up using but butters because they’re so calorific and I haven’t learned to be satisfied with only a tiny amount at a time.
Argh. Nut butters.
I usually add anywhere from 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp depending on my macros for that day. Most often 1.5 tbsp usually 😂 but it spreads out far. I know I used to be like that too, but they really add so much to a snack or meal!
SOOO GOOD! Perfect, filling high protein snack. Just made one with cake batter extract and pistachio pudding mix- amazing.
I did not read the recipe correctly 😂. I mixed a teaspoon of the white chocolate jello pudding mix and two teaspoons of strawberry jello gelatin mix (Just the powder in a box) into the yogurt then froze for 15 minutes. It was soo good. Topped with strawberries, chocolate granola and almond butter and it was amazing.
Made this for the second time and this time I used orange jello and topped with fruity pebbles……so yummy. It tasted like an orange creamsicle.
I made this into a breakfast by doubling the yogurt, swerve, and pudding mix but not the jello. So delicious.