Creamy, chilled cheesecake meets cinnamon sugar churros in this INSANELY delicious Churro Protein Cheesecake Bar recipe. Crazy easy to make and they store GREAT in the freezer. You are gonna love them!!!
Just take a second to imagine the best cinnamon sweet, doughy churros you’ve ever had. Now imagine those same churros… but with a creamy, sweet vanilla cheesecake filling! That is THEN topped with MORE cinnamon sweet doughy churro goodness.
ARE YOU DROOLING YET?! Because I know I am 😂
Honestly, these churro cheesecake bars are unlike anything i’ve ever made, and really unlike anything i’ve ever tasted. They just have such a unique texture and flavor combination that just goes so well together. Simply put, these bars are FIRE. And let it be known that I’m warning you right now…. that if you don’t make these, their sweet cinnamon delicious self will sure as heck come and haunt you in your sleep. Don’t believe me? Just wait…
Besides the fact that they are crazy delicious (I mean really, you must try them), they are super easy to make! Simple short list of ingredients and 30 minutes in the oven. Another bonus? They freeze incredible well! So you can keep some stored in the freezer and have them ready to pull out when the sweet craving hits. Talk about WINNING!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHEESECAKE BARS
- They are seriously HEAVENLY! I can’t tell you enough.
- Lightened up from your traditional cheesecake!
- Protein packed 🙌🏼
- They freeze great – delicious snack to pull out when you have nothing else!
- You will always be in the mood for these – highlight of your day every time, I guarantee it! 😉
- Crescent rolls – I used Pillsbury
- Sugar – you want to use the real stuff for the churro topping!
- Cream cheese – for this recipe I used fat-free. You can use Neufchâtel, 1/3 reduced-fat or full fat cream cheese if you wish here.
- Greek yogurt – thick greek yogurt works best over normal yogurt for a thicker cream cheese layer. I love using Fage.
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder – I used PEScience vanilla protein powder (code Laurenfitfoodie saves you 10%)
- Sweetener – I used Swerve granular sweetener. Use any sweetener you like here!
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray. Using your hands, press 4 of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the dish. Try to seal the seams as much as possible.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), combine the cream cheese, yogurt, egg, vanilla, protein powder, and sweetener until smooth. Spread the cheesecake mixture over the bottom layer of crescent rolls.
- Flatten out the remaining four crescent rolls to form a crescent roll sheet that is the same size as the one on the bottom. You can do this by flattening out between two pieces of parchment paper or by using a rolling pin. Gently place dough on top of the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture all across the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheesecake bars start to become golden brown along the edges.
- Let cool completely to room temperature. Then store in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set before slicing. Best if you let them sit overnight!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Churro cheesecake bars and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
This is one of my favorites! If you love cheesecake and churros, this is a match made in heaven!
This recipe is perfection! Combines two of my favorite desserts ever and is super easy to make! I absolutely love the crescent roll crust.
So amazing, and the combination is undeniably good! Looks exactly like a real-deal tiramisu, too! Lauren’s a genus!
This looks sooooo good. Can’t wait to try it. The cressent rolls, are they frozen? Can you recommend a brand?
The crescent rolls are refrigerated! I will usually get the Pillsbury brand but any brand will do as long as they are crescents!
would think work with egg whites instead of a whole egg?
THE TEXTURE! THE TASTE! THE MACROS! This recipe is DA BOMB! I cannot express how good this recipe turned out! The cheesecake center was the exact texture and taste of a real (sugary, calorie dense) cheesecake and the crescent rolls are a nice touch and really hit the churro-cinnamon vibe on the head! I made half a batch churros cheesecake bars and the other, oreo flavour! Both of course, DELECTABLE AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RECIPES FOR CHEESECAKE FANS!
These are so good! I used regular crescents because my store didn’t have reduced fat, but they were still very macro friendly and delicious.
These are really good. I did not have plain Greek yogurt I had vanilla yogurt and unflavored protein. Will make this again. Thanks.
Great to know those subs would work, Teiana! Glad you loved them 😊
So these were actually VERY good! My husband couldn’t tell they were “macro friendly”. I added some skinny syrup to the cheesecake filling to get more flavor as I used a very plain vanilla protein.
Oh my gosh, I love that! Always a win when we can trick the hubby too right? haha! Love it girl!