If you have been looking for the perfect easy donut recipe this Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts with biscuits recipe is IT! Made with easy pre-made biscuit dough, these delicious donuts cook in just 5 minutes!
I love me some air fryer recipes! And this one is definitely no exception!!
Who knew you can make fresh doughy warm donuts coated with a sweet cinnamon sugar coating in the air fryer. And in just 5 minutes at that!
It gets better… these donuts are made from a can biscuits. Premade biscuit dough can double as donuts! Who knew?
Unlike traditional deep-fried donuts, these air fryer biscuit donuts require no hot oil or deep frying. They taste just like the regular yeast donuts you know and love from your favorite donut shop. But with way less mess and even lightened up a bit.
Serve these easy air fryer donuts up with of cup of coffee for an easy breakfast. Or with a cold glass of milk for dessert! They also make such a delicious quick snack or party appetizer that the whole family will love!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE AIR FRYER DONUTS WITH BISCUITS
- BEST air fryer recipe – all you need for the dough is a can of biscuits!
- No donut pan or fryer required.
- They taste like the real deal – seriously like they’re from your local donut shop!
- Air fried instead of fried in oil, making them lighter than a traditional donut.
- Super quick and easy treat to make! Only takes 5 minutes in the the air fryer.
- Great for breakfast, dessert, snack, or party food!
- Family friendly! I mean, who does love warm, fluffy donuts?!
- Biscuits – I used canned Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- Sweetener– I used monk fruit granular sweetener
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER DONUTS WITH BISCUITS
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Open the biscuits and cut a small hole in the biscuit center using a 1-inch small round cookie cutter.
- Spray your air fryer basket with coconut oil spray. Place the donuts in a single layer inside.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the biscuits are a light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl and combine the cinnamon and sweetener together on a small plate or small bowl.
- When donuts are done, take out and brush with butter with a pastry brush. Then roll/dip/coat the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture. The combination of heat and butter is what causes the sweet coating to stick to the surface.Serve donuts hot.
- To cook the donut holes, spray the air fryer basket again. Add the donut holes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then brush with butter and dip donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Note: If you wanted to make these lower in fat, you could omit the melted butter and just spray donuts with nonstick cooking before coating in cinnamon sugar mixture.
HOW TO STORE
Store leftover donuts in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
How to Reheat: Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Brush donuts and donut holes with butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture immediately. The coating sticks better when the donuts are still warm.
- Keep the dough cold. To ensure a nice flaky crust keep the biscuit dough in the fridge until right before you use it.
- Be sure to keep the donuts and donut holes in a single layer in the air fryer basket for more even cooking. You don’t want any to overlap or the hot air won’t circulate like it’s supposed to.
FAQ: CINNAMON SUGAR AIR FRYER DONUTS
Of-course! Make these your own! You could also try sprinkling with powdered sugar or whip up a simple glaze! A chocolate glaze would be delicious!
Cooking time can vary based on different air fryers. I recommend starting with 4-5 minutes and then check to make sure they aren’t burning on the outside if your air fryer tends to run hot.
They do not!
Sure! Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until donuts are golden brown.
Reheat air fryer doughnuts in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts and love them, please give this recipe a star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!