Skip Auntie Anne’s and make this easy Cinnamon Pretzel Bites Recipe at home! They’re so easy to whip up and taste just like the cinnamon sugar pretzels you get at the mall—plus this version is way healthier!!
You know those mini cinnamon sugar pretzel bites from Auntie Anne’s? What if I told you that you could skip the trip to the mall and make them at home? 😱 Well, you can! Because these Cinnamon Pretzel Bites are the literal same thing!! And the best part is that they taste absolutely insane with my Healthy Nutella recipe!
These sugary, sweet, and doughy pretzel bites only require a few ingredients (no yeast or having to wait to let the dough rise required!) The homemade Nutella is just as easy! You could also pair this sweet snack with a sweet cream cheese dip or vanilla frosting dip. A delicious treat for your next party or game night. Your guests will have so much fun dipping + snacking these homemade pretzels!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CINNAMON PRETZEL BITES RECIPE
- They’re sugary, sweet, and absolutely addicting! Chewy pretzel texture + homemade cinnamon sugar = a match made in heaven!
- Fun to make AND eat and super kid friendly!
- Just like your favorite cinnamon sugar mall pretzels,, and significantly lower in fat and calories (Everyone loves a good pretzel, am I right?!?)
- Easy recipe, and easy cleanup! Ready in 30 minutes!
- Such an easy snack! Perfect for game day, a party, or just because! The most delicious sweet treat!
- Flour – I used self-rising flour.
- Greek Yogurt – I used plain, nonfat Greek yogurt. Use dairy-free if needed.
- Baking soda
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- Sweetener– I used Swerve.
- Nut butter – Peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter are all great. If you can get your hands on some hazelnut butter, it will taste the like Nutella. I usually just use American Dream cashew butter which has a pretty neutral taste. Use my code Laurenfitfoodie for 10% off your purchase at American Dream.
- Cocoa Powder
- Syrup – I used sugar free pancake syrup. You can use pure maple syrup or honey, too.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular. Monk fruit sweetener, coconut sugar, brown sugar, all works here!
- Extracts – I used vanilla and hazelnut.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CINNAMON PRETZEL BITES RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using greased baking sheet instead of parchment paper works here too.
- Add the flour and yogurt to a medium bowl. Mix together until the mixture is crumbly. Use your hands to knead the pretzel dough for 4-5 minutes until you can form it into a ball. You could also use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Add flour to a large cutting board (or surface) and cut the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each section into a long rope about 1/2-inch thick and about 1-foot long. Cut each dough rope into 8 equal pieces about an inch thick.
- *Optional step: Combine water and baking soda to a small pot. Once boiling, add the dough pieces in batches (I did 8 at a time)to the baking soda bath and cook 20-30 seconds at a time. Use a slotted spoon to remove them, shake off the excess warm water, and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and one tablespoon of water to form the egg wash and brush all the pretzel bites.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bites start to turn golden brown.
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- Stir together the sweetener and cinnamon. Spray the pretzel bites generously with nonstick cooking spray and add them to a bowl. Toss with the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Store in the fridge while preparing the pretzel bites. When ready to serve pretzels, heat Nutella up for 30-45 seconds or until desired warmness/consistency. Dip to your heart’s content!
Homemade Nutella not included in nutrition information, so you can use as much or as little as you wish! Log it in My Fitness Pal as LFF Nutella Spread.
HOW TO STORE
Store cinnamon pretzel bites in an airtight container. They will keep fresh in the fridge for up to a week and 1-2 days at room temperature.
Nutella will keep fresh longer, about 2-3 weeks.
CINNAMON PRETZEL BITES RECIPE FAQ
Yes! You could also pair these pretzel bites with a sweet cream cheese or vanilla frosting dip.
This helps the dough to puff up, makes the inside of the bites chewy, and crisps up the outside to resemble a pretzel. You do not HAVE to do this. The pretzel bites will still taste just as good!
Yes! They only take 30 minutes!
Lots of great options here! Rice cakes, toasted bread (I love to spread it on toasted brioche bread), fruit (strawberries, bananas, apples, pears, raspberries, you name it. All taste delicious), muffins( try spreading it on my Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins or Light and Fluffy Skinny Blueberry Muffins!), cake (This would taste so good on my Cinnamon Sugar Cake), oatmeal or baked oatmeal (I recommend my Baked Zucchini Oatmeal, Spiced Pear Vanilla Cauliflower Oatmeal Bake, or Best Ever Low Carb Zucchini Oats!)
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Cinnamon Pretzel Bites Recipe and love it, please give this recipe a star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!