These air fryer pop tarts are the ultimate throwback to one of my favorite childhood recipes! They’re the most delicious, crisp flakey crust stuffed with a sugar, sweet brown sugar filling that is just to die for EVERY TIME! The best part is they’re super easy to make in the airy fryer and ready in just 20 minutes!
Pop tarts and toaster strudels, give me all the puff pastry desserts! These homemade pop tarts are seriously too good! They’re everything you love about your childhood favorite but WAY better!
These homemade treats are so good and easy to make!! They are fresh, flakey, buttery, crispy then stuffed with a single layer of the best sugary, cinnamon filling that puts store-bought pop tarts to shame!
Seriously, can you imagine anything better than a warm pop tart on a cool fall morning? These Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts are the best easy fall breakfast on the go or afternoon snack before a busy afternoon of sports or school events!
I personally think that brown sugar is the best flavor pop tarts but can easily be switch to anything you prefer! Homemade strawberry pop-tarts would also delicious!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON AIR FRYER POP TARTS
- The ultimate childhood throwback dessert! The absolute best copycat recipe to date!
- Easy to make in the air fryer and ready in just 20 minutes!
- An easy breakfast or afternoon snack option for the whole fam! Perfect for busy mornings!
- Perfect crispy and flaky on the outside stuffed with sweet, cinnamon filling😍
- The absolute best homemade air fryer pop tarts. The WHOLE family will love these!
- Puff pastry – you’ll need two sheets of pre-made puff pasty! Store-bought pastry dough makes these super simple and quick to make!
- Brown sugar alternative – I used Swerve. Feel free to substitute with normal brown sugar or another brown sugar alternative.
- All-purpose flour – If you need to sub for gluten-free flour, I recommend using 1:1 Gluten free baking flour – Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur GF Measure for Measure Flour. The are my favorite gluten-free flours to bring about the most similar flavor/texture! I have not tested this recipe with coconut flour or almond flour but if you give it a try, let me know how it works!
- Light butter – I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light. If you need to substitute, use normal butter or oil. You can sub for a vegan alternative or dairy-free butter if needed.
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar – I used Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar. Feel free to substitute for regular confectioner’s sugar or alternative.
- Milk – I use plain unsweetened almond milk but you can use whatever you prefer!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POP TARTS
- Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Working with one sheet at a time, gently unfold the puff pastry and transfer it to a lightly floured surface or cutting board. Roll the puff pastry sheet out to form about a 12×16” inch rectangle, then cut into 8 equal rectangles with a pizza cutter, cookie cutter or knife. Repeat for the other puff pastry sheet so you have 16 rectangles.
- Place a tablespoon size scoop of the brown sugar filling in the middle of 8 of the rectangles and spread it around, leaving around 1/4 inch of space on the edges. Brush the edges with the beaten egg wash, then lay the other half of the dough over the filling and seal the edges well by crimping with the back of a fork. Repeat for all the pop tarts. Then poke all the pop tarts a few times with a fork to allow air to escape.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add the pop tarts. Make sure to leave enough room for air to circulate (you’ll need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Cook for 8-10 minutes or until browned to liking. Then remove and place on a plate or cooling rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Add more milk as needed to reach a spreadable consistency. You want thick frosting, but not too thick that it is hard to spread. Then spread the frosting onto each pop tart. Allow the frosting to set and harden for about an hour (if you can wait that long!), then enjoy!
AIR FRYER POP TARTS FAQ
Can you cook these brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts in the oven?
Yes, bake at 375 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
Can I switch up the filling?
Yes! Strawberry jam would be absolutely delicious and you can make a simple vanilla glaze (just leave out the cinnamon!) But seriously any jam flavor would work awesome and make the best fillings!
Can cooking times vary in the air fryer?
Cooking time can vary based on different air fryers! I recommend starting with 5-8 minutes and then check to make sure they aren’t burning on the outside if your air fryer tenders to run hot!
How do I store extra pop tarts?
Store leftover pop tarts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can reheat them for a few minutes in the air fryer or toaster oven to maintain the crispy, flakey crust.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Ice Cream
- Delicious! Mini Biscoff Cookie Cheesecakes!
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello (Just 157 Calories!)
- NEW! Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Crumb Topping!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Air Fryer Pop Tarts and love them please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!