These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are sweet, nutty, and stuffed with the most delicious and creamy homemade chocolate peanut butter spread! They come together quickly for a tasty treat that’s pretty healthy and even packed with a little protein.
I just love no bake recipes, and these Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are no exception! Chocolate peanut butter lovers, get excited!! This healthy treat is absolutely delicious and will quickly become one of your favorite healthy snacks!
They’re made with easy ingredients and absolutely hits both the sweet tooth and hunger cravings. They make a great quick breakfast, sweet afternoon snack, or healthy dessert. Since they are macro-balanced, they also make the perfect post-workout snack!
While indulgent, these bars are actually quite healthy! They are made with simple ingredients that won’t leave you crashing later on. They feature two layers made with oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and a little salt to bring out the flavor. And are stuffed with a yummy healthy homemade chocolate peanut butter made with cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. That’s it!
These oat bars are also gluten free as written (just be sure to use certified gluten-free oats) and are so easy to make vegan-friendly. The whole family will LOVE these delicious bars!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
- Chewy oatmeal bars meet delicious thick layer of chocolate peanut butter!
- Made with easy healthy & wholesome ingredients and with no refined sugar.
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free and macro-balanced!
- Satisfying your sweet tooth (without the sugar crash)
- Seriously the easiest ever no-bake recipe.
- Freezer friendly and perfect treat to have on hand!
- Low sugar and packed with 8 grams of protein and taste MUCH butter than a store-bought protein or granola bar.
- Oats – I used old-fashioned rolled oats. You could also use quick oats. I would not recommend using steel cut oats here.
- Peanut butter– A creamy peanut butter works best, You could easily sub for almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter but just know that it will change the flavor.
- Pure maple syrup – You could also use honey, agave syrup, sugar-free pancake syrup, or rice syrup.
- Salt – a little sea salt will help bring the flavors out more!
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Optional: Chocolate chips and coconut oil optional if you want a delicious dark chocolate drizzle over top!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the oat bar ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Press half of the oat bar mixture into the bottom of the dish. Use a piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking as you press down. Make sure to press down well. Place in the freezer while you make the chocolate peanut butter.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate peanut butter then spread evenly on top of the first layer of oats. Add back to the freezer for 15-30 minutes. (The longer you keep it in the freezer, the firmer it gets and the easier it will be to work with.)
- Remove and add the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate layer; spread out evenly. Use the parchment paper trick again to help press the top layer down. Place back in freezer for 15-30 minutes to set. Then slice into bars and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE
Store in an airtight container or with plastic wrap in the fridge.
To freeze, let the bars cool, then cut into 8 bars. Wrap each bar individually in wax paper then place all the bars in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. The bars will stay good for 3-4 months.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS: FAQ
You could definitely use something else if you’d like! You could just do straight peanut butter, Nutella, make a tasty date-caramel, or even frosting if you wanted to make it a dessert!
Yes, these are a great recipe to freeze! I would suggest wrapping them individually and freeze. For best results, store in a freezer-safe ziploc bag and remove as much air as possible.
These bars taste amazing on their own but if you’re looking for a macro-balanced snack, pair them with some fruit or along some yogurt. If you’re eating with breakfast, you can pair these no bake bars with some eggs and bacon!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!