This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
You have to try these CLASSIC, easy peanut butter cornflake bars! These corn flake bars are so simple to make and are a great no-bake tasty treat. There’s seriously so many great things about these bars. They’re made with simple pantry staples, are prepped in just 10 minutes, they’re gluten-free and made without corn syrup!
These bars have the perfect mix of peanut butter flavor combined with a layer of chocolate and the best crunchy texture. They’re guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth and the whole family will seriously love this delicious treat! You can also top these bars with a few sea salt flakes or chopped peanuts for the best sweet and salty combo!
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
- Easy to make! And a fun recipe to make with the kids!
- Prepped in just 10 minutes.
- The most epic sweet and savory combo!
- Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and honey – no corn syrup required!
- Perfect freezer snack to keep stored in the freezer!
- Peanut butter – since peanut butter is the one of the main ingredients in this recipe, you want to make sure to use a peanut butter you love the taste of! Since the flavor will shine through the corn flake base. I love using natural peanut butter for these.
- Maple syrup – I used sugar-free maple syrup to bring calories a little more down but you can use pure maple syrup or extra honey too!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience vanilla (code Laurenfitfoodie to save!) but you can use any flavor you’d like (or omit the protein powder completely).
- Corn flakes – I used plain cornflakes but any flavor of cornflakes will work. If gluten-free, make sure to verify you’re using a use gluten-free cornflake cereal.
- Chocolate chips – I’ve found semi-sweet to be my favorite with these but dark chocolate or milk chocolate would work too.
- Coconut oil – this helps melt the chocolate chips to a melty, creamy consistency so it spreads nice and evenly over the cornflake bars!
- Make this recipe vegan: use a plant-based protein powder and sub the honey for more pure maple syrup.
- Switch up your nut butter: you can also use almond butter or cashew butter for a flavor variation of these bars! Or use sunflower seed butter to make this recipe nut-free!
- Use white chocolate or caramel chips: you can use a different flavor chocolate chip (like white chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, etc.) to add different flavors to these cornflake bars.
- Use a different cereal: use rice krispies or your other favorite crispy cereal in place of the cornflakes.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until everything is well-combined. Stir in the protein powder if using.
2. Fold in the corn flakes until they’re all coated.
3. Then transfer the mixture to the prepared dish. Make sure to press the mixture down well so it stays together after frozen (I used a piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to do this).
4. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Then pour evenly over top and smooth out with a rubber spatula.
5. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Slice and enjoy!
To Store: Once chocolate has set, slice bars into individual servings then wrap individually in parchment paper, wax paper or aluminum foil. Then store in a freezer-safe zip-top bag.
The more you crunch the cornflakes, the more it will help the bars stay together! My favorite way to get really crushed cornflakes is to place cornflakes in a large, gallon ziploc bag. Then place a towel over bag and use a meat mallet, rolling pin or bottom on pan to pound cornflakes until they are your desired crushed consistency.
Are cornflakes gluten-free?
Not all corn flakes are gluten-free as some will have gluten in the additives. I used these gluten-free corn flakes.
Why are my cornflake bars not sticking together?
Be sure to add enough maple syrup and honey so that the cornflakes will stick together. If your mixture still seems kind of dry, add a teaspoon or two until the mixture presses down firmly. Also, make sure you’re pressing down the mixture firmly (I used a piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to do this) and to crush your cornflakes into tiny pieces.
Can I use butter instead of coconut oil?
Sure you can easily use butter instead of coconut oil.
How do I get thicker bars?
If you want thicker bars, you can double the peanut butter cornflake mixture to create a thicker layer.
Can I use the stove top to melt the peanut butter mixture and melted chocolate mixture?
Yes! Just use a small saucepan over low to medium heat to melt together the peanut butter and chocolate mixtures.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
For the Bars:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (80g)
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup (60g) or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey (80g)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (30g) can omit
- 2 cup corn flakes (90g) crushed*
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (120g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Line an 8×8” dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until everything is well-combined. Stir in the protein powder if using.
- Fold in the corn flakes until they’re all coated then transfer the mixture to the prepared dish. Make sure to press the mixture down well so it stays together after frozen (I used a piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to do this).
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Then pour evenly over top and smooth out with a rubber spatula.
- Freeze for 30 minutes then slice and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.