If you are a peanut butter lover, you are going to FLIP over this 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge! Made with healthier ingredients but just as creamy, rich and decedent as traditional. It freezes great, which makes this fudge the best healthy treat to keep stashed in your freezer!
This homemade peanut butter fudge recipe, y’all! Tastes so indulgent, just like old fashioned peanut butter fudge, but with a lot less sugar. And it’s truly one of the easiest recipe ever, that I can promise you!
All you need is four simple ingredients to make your own homemade peanut butter fudge. Five if you want to add the chopped Reese’s or another topping, which hey, still easy peasy. The chopped Reese’s cups bring some delicious chocolate flavor to this fudge recipe but that’s just one idea – there are so many yummy topping possibilities! I’ll share some more ideas at the bottom of the post.
But this easy peanut butter fudge recipe is perfect for so many occasions. Holiday get togethers, football parties, it even makes a fun activity to do with your littles! For me, it’s one of my favorite go-to treats to make at home and stash in the freezer to have on hand when the sweet tooth strikes. Seriously it’s the BEST freezer treat!
You don’t even need any special equipment or candy thermometer – you just need the ingredients and a pan. But the best part, this easy fudge recipe requires no oven. And even better, all you need is 5 minutes to throw it together!
This 4 ingredient peanut butter fudge recipe is one for the recipe box friends! The best easy treat to have in your back pocket!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE
- Rich, creamy texture & the perfect balance of sweet and salty – absolute teeth-sinkable decadence!
- Made with healthier ingredients – making it a lot healthier than traditional fudge.
- Minimal ingredients – only requires FOUR ingredients!
- No special equipment required – just a good ole classic pan.
- Super quick 5-minute recipe – 5 minutes to combine the ingredients and the freezer does all the work!
- An easy no-bake treat – you don’t even need to turn the oven on.
- The best freezer treat – keep stocked in your freezer for anytime you need something for your sweet tooth!
- Peanut butter- I typically use American Nut Butter (my favorite nut butter brand). If i’m grabbing a peanut butter from the grocery store, I’ll grab Smart Balance or Simple Truth creamy peanut butter. I would recommend a salted, drippy, natural peanut butter here if possible. Also a creamy peanut butter, as opposed to a crunchy peanut butter. You can use a more solid (less drippy) peanut butter here too, you may just need to microwave it so it’s easier to stir and work with.
- Maple syrup – I used sugar free. You can use pure maple syrup or honey here. Use pure maple syrup for vegan.
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract – to bring out the flavor of everything more!
- Optional toppings – chopped Reese’s cups are delicious on this fudge but you could also do chocolate chips, pretzels, peanuts, chopped Twix, etc.
HOW TO MAKE 4 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- Line a small 8×4-inch pan with parchment paper (or use a 8×8 square pan and only spread out as thin as you want the fudge to be).
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to a large bowl and mix together until smooth. If you are using peanut butter that is not very drippy, you will want to microwave everything together so it’s more drippy and spreads easier.
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top of the fudge mixture out as best as you can with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon. Add to the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up slightly then sprinkle the chopped Reese cups on top (if you are using). Freeze for 30 minutes to an hour or until firm.
- Then take out and cut into 18 small squares with a sharp knife. Depending on how long you froze the fudge, you may need to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting.
If you have a hard-to-stir solid peanut butter you might want to microwave it in a microwave-safe bowl with the coconut oil and syrup so it’s thinner and easier to work with.
HOW TO STORE
Store homemade fudge in the freezer in an airtight container or in a freezer-safe ziploc bag. Freeze for 3-4 months.
4 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE TOPPING IDEAS
- Peanut butter cups – the obvious choice! What’s better with peanut butter fudge than chocolate peanut butter cups?
- Marshmallow cream – swirl in some marshmallow cream over the top to make fluffernutter fudge!
- Grape jelly – to make peanut butter & jelly fudge.
- Pretzels or granola – to add some delicious crunch!
4 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE: FAQ
No worries! Any kind of smooth peanut butter will work here! You may just want to microwave it in a microwave-safe bowl with the coconut oil and syrup so it’s thinner and easier to work with.
You can. Any nut butter will work here. Just know that the flavor of the fudge will completely change to whatever nut butter you use since it is the primary ingredient in this recipe.
Yes! This peanut butter dessert is gluten free as written, You will just want to double check that the Reese’s you are using are gluten free, if you are adding them (most of the varieties are!) Reese’s cups are not dairy-free though, so if you wanted to add a topping, you’ll need to find some dairy-free Reese’s or pick a different dairy-free topping.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this 4 ingredient peanut butter fudge and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!