All the flavors of Oreo made into a high-protein, low-fat frozen treat!
Ever wondered what a Oreo ice cream sandwich would taste like? Because I’m pretty sure it would taste exactly like this. Really not trying to be over dramatic here, but I mean holy crap y’all! I am so surprised by these.
They have every element you could ever want in a dessert – Cookies and cream flavor, gooey marshmallow center, CHILLED to made taste like an ice cream sandwich. Seriously, even though there is no ice cream in these they somehow taste like it 😆
This is also one of those recipes that no one would ever know was healthy. Nope, not even in the slightest. Pure frozen Oreo sandwich cookie BLISS.
INGREDIENTS IN OREO FREEZE CUPS
- Protein powder – for protein and flavor. I used PEScience vanilla in these. I’m sure any flavor would be good!
- Coconut flour – for texture purposes. This, along with the protein powder and dutch black cocoa are the main components in creating the “Oreo dough.”
- Dutch black cocoa powder – not to be confused with normal cocoa powder! This special dutch cocoa is what gives these Oreo cups that cookies and cream flavor.
- Pumpkin, applesauce, almond milk — all of these bring liquid to Oreo dough mix to create that delicious dough. Each plays a different role in absorption and adding to the texture, so I would try not to replace any if you can help it. However, if needed, you can use more pumpkin for the applesauce and vice versa.
- Marshmallow creme – I experimented with a couple of different things to create the Oreo cream. Marshmallow fluff was the clear winner. SO good and responds very well to the freezer.
HOW TO MAKE OREO FREEZE CUPS
- Make Oreo dough. Mix dry ingredients, add in wet ingredients, then combine!
- Divide Oreo dough in half, scoop one of the halves into the bottom of each silicone cup.
- Place in freezer to let set, then take out and add marshmallow creme.
- Place in freezer again, then top with remaining Oreo dough! Easy Peasy.
- PEScience protein powder – this is always the protein powder I recommend for taste and quality of ingredients. There is no grainy or protein texture and no matter what I am using it for, it always blends so well!
For all Pescience products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 15%.
- HIIT nutrition jet black cocoa – this is the black cocoa I use. I like how it has a higher protein content than others on the market. $6.99/bag and worth every penny.
For all HIIT nutrition products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 10%.
BAKING TOOLS USED
- Mini silicone baking cups – these are life changing. I can’t even imagine using my metal muffin pan nowadays. Silicone everything is where it’s at. Slips right out — easiest clean up!
- Kitchen scale – highly recommend so you can weigh ingredients more accurately. This one is my all time favorite. Always precise and large enough to weigh large batches and casserole dishes.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Oreo freeze cups and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!