Easy, no churn, homemade Mint Oreo Protein Ice Cream at home? Yes, it’s possible! It’s so creamy, minty, and perfectly delicious. And even better news? It’s lightened up and packed with protein!
Have you ever had homemade ice cream? It’s so delicious—and no, you don’t need an ice cream maker to do it! I made this Mint Oreo Protein Ice Cream with a few ingredients, a mixing bowl, a bread pan, and the freezer. It’s so refreshing on a warm summer night, but still incredibly delicious any time of year if you’re like me and eat ice cream no matter how cold it is outside!
This minty protein ice cream is creamy and generously peppered with drool-worthy Oreo cookie pieces. It’s also significantly lightened up than any mint Oreo ice cream you’d find at the store, but you would absolutely NEVER know. To make it, you’ll need some fat free Cool Whip and 1% evaporated milk to replace the condensed milk or heavy whipping cream normally used. We’ll also add some protein powder for a little boost—and no, you won’t taste it. 😉
When you’re ready to eat your ice cream, take it out of the freezer and leave it out on the counter for 10 minutes. It’ll be perfectly scoop-able and ready for allllll your favorite toppings. I like to top mine with some more Cool Whip, Reddi Whip, chocolate syrup, and some more crushed up Oreos.
Dress it up however you like and enjoy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS MINT OREO PROTEIN ICE CREAM
- What’s not to love about Oreo’s and ice cream?
- It’s creamy, minty and perfectly delicious.
- 11g of protein per serving! 🙌🏼
- Lower in calories, carbs, and fat than traditional ice cream.
- Fun to make for kids and adults!
- Whip it up in just 10 minutes!
- Cool Whip – I used fat free Cool Whip, but you can use regular as well.
- Milk – This recipe uses low fat evaporated milk. I haven’t tried it with another milk, so I can’t speak on how it would turn out!
- Vanilla protein powder – I used PEScience Vanilla. You can use my code Laurenfitfoodie for 15% off all PEScience products.
- Sweetener of choice – I used Swerve. Any sweetener alternative or sugar will work.
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Green food coloring – Just for looks! You can omit if you wish, but I think it makes it fun.
- Salt – Just a pinch to enhance flavor.
- Oreo Thins – I used the thin ones to cut down on calories.
HOW TO MAKE THIS MINT OREO PROTEIN ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl, combine cool whip, evaporated milk, protein powder, sweetener, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, green food coloring, and salt.
- Then, crush your Oreos and fold them in. I like to save some for topping. 😉
- Lastly, pour the mixture into a bread pan (wrapped tightly with saran wrap) or insulated tub. Top with remaining crushed Oreos and freeze overnight.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can use any kind of cookie you’d like. I think crushed up chocolate chip cookies would taste delicious, too! You could even chop up your favorite candy bar and mix it in.
I used green food coloring. This is totally optional.
Absolutely! It’s fun to make AND eat with the kiddos!
You don’t, but trust me, you won’t taste it at all. There’s no gritty texture or overly-strong flavor. And it’s such an easy way to sneak in a protein boost if you need one. The ice cream, however, will still be perfectly delicious without it!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Mint Oreo Ice Cream and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
I have chocolate mint cookie protein from 1st form and I’m curious if you think that would work well for this recipe.