This Skinny Peppermint Protein Milkshake is a lighter take on Chick-Fil-A’s famous festive peppermint milkshake! Made with ice cream, protein powder, and peppermint bark, it’s a balanced treat sure to curb your cravings!
Skip the drive-thru and save some money with this healthier version of Chick-Fil-A’s peppermint milkshake! My Skinny Peppermint Protein Milkshake is tremendously lightened-up from the original and is a treat you can feel good about! 😋
To make this healthier milkshake, I used protein powder as the base and decreased the amount of ice cream. But don’t worry! This Skinny Peppermint Protein Milkshake is still just as creamy and filled with such delicious flavor. Plus, it’s super simple to make! Just gather everything in the blender, blend it up, top with whipped cream and a cherry, and enjoy!
It’s so quick, so satisfying, and so good!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PEPPERMINT MILKSHAKE
- It has an amazingly creamy milkshake texture. No need to run to the store to get one!
- Low in fat and calories and packed with protein.
- Delicious white chocolate and peppermint flavor in each sip!
- All you have to do is blend all the ingredients.
- This will really fill you up because it makes so much. You can even split it with someone!
- Lots of room to add your favorite toppings.
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Peppermint Bark to really go all in on that peppermint flavor! However, you could also use a more subtle flavor like Cake Pop or Vanilla. Save 15% on all PEScience products with my affiliate code, LaurenFitFoodie.
- Ice cream – Milkshakes need ice cream, DUH! I love Edy’s Slow Churned French Vanilla.
- Peppermint extract – This will help add more delicious peppermint flavor. Keep in mind that just a little goes a LONG way.
- Peppermint Bark – I used Andes brand but any kind works. We will blend this into the milkshake. You can also use it as a topping!
- Stevia – I used Natrisweet Stevia Liquid Drops.
- Xanthan gum – This is a thickener/stabilizer often added to foods to help create thickness. And that’s exactly what it does in this recipe. It really helps achieve that perfect milkshake flavor. I used one from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Milk – I used almond milk, but you can use whatever milk you wish!
- Ice – Fresh ice is key for the best consistency.
- Red food coloring – Optional for presentation!
- Whipped cream – I used fat-free Reddi Whip.
- Cherry – What’s a copycat Chick-Fil-A milkshake without a maraschino cherry?! 😍
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT MILKSHAKE
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste test and add more ice, milk, or sweetener as needed, then pulse a few more times to combine.
- Pour into a glass or bowl, top with whipped cream and a cherry, and enjoy!
Depending on your blender, you may need to shake around or stir the ingredients with a spoon to make
sure all the ice is broken up. Do this until you achieve your desired consistency.
TIPS FOR BEST CONSISTENCY
- Use a good quality blender – My favorite blender is the Ninja IQ. You don’t have to go out and purchase this to make the milkshake, but I will say that the appliance you use does matter. Your blender needs to be strong enough to break up the ice so you achieve the best consistency. You may find using a food processor to be helpful!
- Use fresh ice – Fresh ice breaks up and blends better.
- Measure your ingredients – Of course you can do this with regular measuring tools, but a food scale may be helpful! The ratio of ingredients is important for overall consistency of this milkshake and a digital scale helps so much.
- Use a good quality protein powder – I’ve said it again and again, and I will say it AGAIN! 😂 Not all protein powders blend equally. I’ve found that a whey + casein blend is best. I highly recommend using PEScience protein powder. It doesn’t have a weird taste and creates amazing texture. I know there are other good brands too, but this is my favorite. Feel free to use another if you know it will work well!
- Use Xanthan gum – This isn’t *necessary*, but if you have it on hand, go ahead and add a little! It will help achieve the thickness we are looking for. I would stick to 1/4 tsp, though. Anything more and things start to get weird. 😂
MORE YUMMY MILKSHAKES
- BIRTHDAY CAKE PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- COOKIES AND CREAM PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- CIRCUS ANIMAL COOKIES PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this peppermint protein shake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!