This Healthy Lemon Dill Sauce for salmon is seriously the absolute best! It’s incredibly creamy, fresh and packs so much flavor, making it perfect for baked salmon, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and so much more. Keep reading for an easy salmon recipe and pairing ideas to take your meal to the next level with this delicious sauce recipe!
I think homemade sauces are one of the quickest, easiest and healthiest ways to take any dish to a whole new level! You’d be so surprised how quick and simple it is to make the freshest, most flavorful sauce. And the best part is it’s so much healthier and cheaper than store bought.
This easy dill sauce has the best combination of lemon flavor, fresh herbs and makes any dish an instant family favorite. Forewarning: You will be asked to make it again.
I originally created this sauce because I wanted a creamy sauce that packed a bunch of flavor for a salmon burger recipe I was making. And let me tell you, it pairs absolutely INSANE with those burgers! Highly recommend my Healthy Salmon Burger recipe if you haven’t tried it yet!
If you are looking for something a little more simple, try throwing it on top of a salmon fillet. Or add a little milk, heavy cream, water, or oil to make it into a delicious salad dressing! Honestly, it’s great on just about anything! Drizzle this sauce over your next meal and prepare to be amazed!
If you love healthy sauces, make sure to check out some of my other favorite sauce recipes! Reader favorites include the Healthy Homemade Tzatziki, Skinny Honey Mustard, Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce and Low Calorie Caesar Salad Dressing!
Seriously, trying new sauces is one of my favorite things and is such a quick way to add TONS of flavor. Just make the sauce friend! I promise you won’t regret it!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY LEMON DILL SAUCE
- The absolute best, freshest creamy sauce!
- Takes any sandwich or salad to the next level and is absolute perfect for my salmon burgers!
- Super simple to make with very few easy steps! Literally takes 3-4 minutes to make!
- Fresh flavors that will BLOW YOUR MIND! Might I even say, the perfect sauce 😉
- Simple ingredients make this an easy recipe to whip up any time!
- Goes great with any seafood dishes to make the perfect weeknight meal! I seriously love it on any kind of fish!
- Mayonnaise – I used light mayonnaise but any variation works. Avocado oil mayo works great! You could also sub sour cream.
- Dijon mustard
- Greek yogurt – I used plain nonfat greek yogurt. Sub for dairy-free if you need to!
- Minced shallots
- Fresh dill
- Lemon zest
- Fresh Lemon juice
Other optional add ins to switch it up: minced garlic clove or garlic powder, black pepper, dried dill
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY DILL SAUCE RECIPE
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. This sauce is packed with a lot of great flavor so feel free to add more mayo or yogurt to adjust the taste to your liking.
HOW TO STORE CREAMY LEMON DILL SAUCE
The best way to store lemon dill sauce in airtight container in the fridge. But if you’re keeping in bowl, just wrap it in plastic wrap. Store for up to a week or as long as the greek yogurt is good.
COMPLETE MEAL IDEAS
Of course, this lemon-dill sauce recipe was made for my Healthy Salmon Burgers but as I’ve said, it’s seriously so good on just about anything! Perfect with your favorite fish or seafood dish, chicken, turkey burgers, salads anything. If you are in a rush, just pop a few salmon filets in the air fryer and pair it with a simple rice pilaf and some sautéed spinach or green beans!
Here are some of my favorite ways to use this sauce!
- Add it to sandwich: delicious on a chicken, fish, or turkey sandwich
- Fish and Chips: serve it with fish sticks or salmon patties for a snacky lunch or dinner!
- Chicken Nuggets or Tenders: Would be delicious with Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Nuggets
- Serve it with a plated meal, like air fryer salmon and brown rice
- Use it as a dip for fries!
QUICK SALMON RECIPE
Need a quick salmon recipe to pair this lemon dill sauce with? I gotchu!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add your salmon fillets. For every salmon fillet, add 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Rub the salmon well with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon slices if desired.
- Bake the salmon for 8-10 minutes, or until it is slightly opaque. Salmon is done when internal temperature reaches 140 F.
Let cool for a few minutes, then add the lemon dill sauce on the top of the salmon. Or dip the salmon into the dill sauce. You can’t go wrong!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Healthy Lemon Dill Sauce and love it, please give this recipe a 5-star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
What is the nutritional value of the sauce only?