This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy all the flavors of Chipotle at home with this delicious copycat Cilantro Lime Brown Rice recipe! It’s the perfect side dish to enjoy at home and is full of fresh flavor! This easy side dish is incredibly simple to make at home and only requires 5 ingredients. Perfect for adding to your burrito bowls, tacos, salads and more!
About This Recipe
You will not believe the amazing fresh flavor of this copycat of chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Brown rice! Made with brown long-grain rice, fresh lime juice, and fresh cilantro this recipe is a great side dish for any meal.
I love the flavor and texture of the healthy whole grain rice in this recipe but you can honestly use any type of rice you prefer. You can also use whatever cooking method for the rice that works best for you. I mean seriously, could this recipe be any easier? Five ingredients and 35 minutes is all you need for this easy rice recipe!
And the best part of this copycat recipe is that is pairs well with so many different dishes! Want the true Chipotle experience? Pair this cilantro rice with my Carnitas Burrito Bowls and never have to go to Chipotle again! Some of my other favorite ways to enjoy it is to pair it with tacos, taquitos, salads, and more!
Why You’ll Love This Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Enjoy the flavors of Chipotle right at home! The perfect side dish for any recipe like burrito bowls, tacos, salads and more!
- Only 5 ingredients and ready in just 35 minutes.
- This fluffy brown rice is super fresh, flavorful and full of fiber and nutrients!
- Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan as written. A side dish everyone can enjoy!
- Perfect for meal prep throughout the week to enjoy with your favorite dishes.
- Brown jasmine rice – For best results I recommend using long grain brown rice (brown jasmine rice, brown basmati rice, etc.) for the most fluffy, tender rice with a nutty flavor. You can use short grain brown rice but it tends to be stickier.
- Olive oil – you can use any type of oil you prefer for this recipe! Olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free as written!
Optional variation: for the best flavor, add a bay leaf to the cooking liquid if you want to model the official Chipotle® Cilantro Lime Rice rice!
- Large pot
How To Make
Store leftover rice in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze leftover rice. To freeze, spread rice out on a baking sheet and let cool completely, Then add to a freezer bag or airtight container and place in freezer for up to one month. To reheat, place rice in the microwave and heat until warm.
Extra Protein Tip!
Cook the rice in bone broth or chicken stock instead of water. Cooking rice in bone broth also helps add collagen, amino acids, and minerals!
Can I use white rice for this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute white rice for brown rice in this recipe. You can use any type of rice (white rice, jasmine rice or instant rice) for this healthy side dish! Just remember that the cooking time for white rice or jasmine rice will take about 15-20 minutes and instant rice should take about 10 minutes.
Can I cook the rice with a rice cooker or pressure cooker instead of on the stove top?
Yes, you can cook this rice using whatever method you prefer! You can cook in with a rice cooker, electric pressure cooker, instant pot, on the stove, etc. Whatever your preference!
- 1.5 cups brown jasmine rice (270g)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (30g)
- 1/2 tsp salt more to taste
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice and a few shakes of salt. Boil for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Add more water as needed to continue cooking rice. Reduce heat as needed to prevent the water from flowing over.
- Drain the rice and return it to the pot. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil and salt. Taste and add more salt, lime juice or cilantro as needed to taste.
- Large pot
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.